Quantcast

Thurs. nite urban...if you're still looking for something to do tonight.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Pip and I - and perhaps a couple/few more folks - are looking at meeting up around 8pm down at Recycled Cycles, hitting up UW and some downtown. This will be the last I see of this thread until I get home after all is said and done.
If you need more info, call me at Recycled Cycles...ask for Andy.

This sounds like a shameless plug for my shop, but it's not.:o:

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
Kay, that's it. I'm moving. At the risk of being a complete whiner, it sounds like you kids have too many fun things to do and people to do them with. Me? Just going out with Maxine (that's my bike - hold the smarta** comments about people that name inanimate objects;) Yes, I am a freak.) by MYSELF! At least I have friends to drink with, even though they don't ride. he he. Have a great night! I'll be there spilling my blood and guts in spirit:D

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
My bike's name is Melissa.

Had fun tonight. Slow start due to it being graduation at UW. It cleared up before too long and we tooled around campus for a while and then hit a couple things in the U-Dist. We had seven folks out there at one point. No carnage or mechanicals, so it was a success from that standpoint.

In the future, we'll try to give some more notice as this was a spur-of-the-moment thing. We're going to hit up downtown next time for sure.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
girlwhoboards said:
oh my gosh...i had so much fun!!! i know this sounds silly but it was like a dream come true...running at night, exploring, listening to music, trying different stunts...next time i wear my helmet to try bigger stuff, being with good people. even those smarty pant wearing drunkin frat boys "cool a bike gang...do you guys ride your bikes all the time" didn't bother me cause the answer would have been yes ;). so, i'm in for all street stuff/rallies and will travel to hook up...just let me know and spontaneous flow is my nature so ask for my digits and i'm on it. and a friend of mine knows the tacoma area too...used to hit-it back in the day so i just think he needs some nudging to get back to it. hey mountain girl who names her bike...mine is definitely male but doesn't have a name yet cause i think it's the phantom cruiser or something like that but it's got spirit and a gleem for adventure...now get your butt down her for a visit or we'll all have to storm....ahhhh.....not calgary...ahhhhh....what else is good in AB for riding (he-he)? got any pics from last night DBR? well, thanks to everyone who showed up last night and letting me ride with you all :).
-Kim
You weren't wearing a helmet? Did I read that right?

mtnluvn

Monkey
May 14, 2005
Squamish/Whistler
girlwhoboards said:
oh my gosh...i had so much fun!!! hey mountain girl who names her bike...mine is definitely male but doesn't have a name yet cause i think it's the phantom cruiser or something like that but it's got spirit and a gleem for adventure...now get your butt down her for a visit or we'll all have to storm....ahhhh.....not calgary...ahhhhh....what else is good in AB for riding (he-he)? -Kim
It sounds like you had a blast. I was unsure of the sex of my bike too, and Maxine fits so far but once I take her on some more difficult stuff she could turn out to be a Bruno. Hard to tell. My board was a boy right from the get go, no question (his name is Presley);) But the bike... time will tell. I think she's too pretty to be a boy though :love: It will depend on how she performs on the tough sh**;) I just found out a buddy of mine in Vancouver just bought a brand new DH bike, so I'm actually hoping to make it out that way maybe in August to ride Whistler with him - maybe a side trip will be in order, provided there are still some unbroken monkeys to ride with by then! If not, then I'm thinkin' at least a few cocktails will be in order:D PS. I'm sick of email too, but I've added my messenger info. I don't use it often, but that might be better??

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
girlwhoboards said:
thanks for leading the charge...seems like we might have another recruit if we could ever find Greg from Poland again...you know he wanted to join us :).
Hahaha - that was golden. I love it when people get that "kid in a candystore" look in their eyes when they see our bikes.
I'm sure he's already looking for at least a good hardtail by now.

p.s. - starting the downloading process, so pics should be up within an hour.:D

p.p.s. - it's probably best to start full-rigid, IMO. Your basic skills will be much more solid that when you do get on a DH rig, you'll be able to seek and destroy with ease.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
An hour - three hours. What's the difference? If you guessed two hours then you are correct!:blah:
Anyways, here's what few pics I got.

Kim (girlwhoboards) rolling a ledge at Safeco Plaza (45th & Brooklyn)

Pip trying to boost out of the pic on the same ledge

Ross on the same ledge. He bought a Felt Doubleshot from us that morning. Tommie & I mentioned we were going to tool around after work and he broke it in with his favorite bike salespeople. We also mentioned the Softies Jump Jam to him, but I think he had plans already. WTF is more important than the Jump Jam?:blah:

Tommie hitting a stairgap early on

(that's a pretty frickin' sweet bike at the top of the stairs if I do say so myself:sneaky: )

Ledgedrop

Looking back on Thurs nite, the only thing I wish we would have done differently was to try to get in the background (or foreground) of as many pics as we could. There were soooooo many families posing for pics in and around Red Square for grad ceremonies.
Next time, perhaps.:evil:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
girlwhoboards said:
ahh...i've been exposed...i'm starting to melt...i'm not underground anymore and when you see me you can all throw rocks (he-he).
Yeah, I have a way of exposing things. I was just joking around w/ KISS one day and they took it seriously - decided to unmask themselves. The Stones still touring is not my doing, just to clear the air on that one.

bighitguy

Chimp
Nov 18, 2004
renton
do you guys hit up urban every week or is this just a every couple weeks thing? school gets out in a week and a half and id love to come ride with you sometime if i'm welcome.
i was just down around pike place market with some friends today and damn there's some good looking riding in there, also a ton of hills though

i'm not the best but i learn quick and ride hard.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bighitguy said:
do you guys hit up urban every week or is this just a every couple weeks thing? school gets out in a week and a half and id love to come ride with you sometime if i'm welcome.
i was just down around pike place market with some friends today and damn there's some good looking riding in there, also a ton of hills though

i'm not the best but i learn quick and ride hard.
I'm closer to the worse than I am the best, so don't sweat it. If you can read the post (or have somebody read it to you), then you are beyond welcome to join.
We'll probably toss in a sesh every couple/few weeks over the summer. The market is a good place for sure...Post Alley is ripalicious. You do know there's an elevator under the viaduct that takes you back up to the market, no? There's a few grinds if you head up Cap/First Hill, but also some sweet areas to come back down thru. Seattle Center is oh so ripe, but you have to keep moving and think two steps ahead of the security folk.
There's sick lines on lower Q. Anne as well.
I wish I had teh mad trials skillz - Freeway Park is like Disneyland.

Sep 8, 2004
Looks like fun stuff. Once my wrist is functional again, I'll have to come check that stuff out. Maybe ride the new bmx, or the bighit, who knows. 5 more weeks, then I can bike.

-James.

bighitguy

Chimp
Nov 18, 2004
renton
wrists are fun, how'd you break it? ( i've broken my left one twice :nopity: , both bones, both times, only one courtesy of the bike though. )

and you might want to not ride as soon as you get de-casted, i crashed on my wrist like 2 days after i got the cast off and now after riding for a few hours it starts to hurt real bad, and it continues to hurt for about 12 hours after.

Sep 8, 2004
Broke it at the puyallup skatepark, hadn't even had my bmx for a week. I crashed doing an evasive manuever at full speed to avoid a kid on a board. I'm not in a cast fortunately, but it is broken. I'll take it easy for a while once I'm back on the bike. Not that I ever rode that hard to begin with.

-James.

bighitguy

Chimp
Nov 18, 2004
renton
does renton have any good urban? i cant really think of where there'd be much good except city hall and coulon park, also theres a few stunts at my school but not much of a flow or line to be made.

i was thinking bellevue probably has some decent stuff but i don't have the time to go drive around downtown bellevue looking to see before i ride and i don't want to take my bike up there just to ride off some curbs or something.