Quantcast

thursday gfmt

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I suggest a trip to Netflix-land!

Final tally for my neighborhood was 18" as verified by someone who stuck a yardstick in the snow. Drifts higher than that, clearly.

:D
Over 2' in the driveway when I got home yesterday. Took almost 2 hours to clear the driveway and sidewalk.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Next time try picking up a shovel yourself instead of letting your kid do all the work :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

House on the right. Just a butt ton of snow.
oh ok. i was gonna say, that's quick for that much snow. when we got 21" back in january, it took me almost 9 hours over 2 days to dig out. but our driveway is almost 3 times as long as yours. and the snow was sorta heavy.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Next time try picking up a shovel yourself instead of letting your kid do all the work :D
She just kept getting in the way actually. Didn't help the process.

The plows went through once and built an impenetrable wall of ice along the side of the street, so pushing it into the street wasn't an option. It was all lift onto the yard and street.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
oh ok. i was gonna say, that's quick for that much snow. when we got 21" back in january, it took me almost 9 hours over 2 days to dig out. but our driveway is almost 3 times as long as yours. and the snow was sorta heavy.
It was wet, but not dense, however still enough that it took 3 scoops to keep the load weight reasonable all the way to the ground.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It was wet, but not dense, however still enough that it took 3 scoops to keep the load weight reasonable all the way to the ground.
yea our stuff was dense. it took me 4 - 5 passes to keep the weight reasonable. plus i wasn't really trying to rush since i got a herniated disc shoveling snow last winter, and didn't want to repeat that.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
@rockofullr i saw that black diamond threw an extra 20% on their web specials. i snagged a flight harness for $36. considering returning the mammut i ordered once it arrives.
Nice find! I'd ditch the Mammut if I were you. There's no reason to own two harnesses unless you have a comfy one and a light one. Or if you have noobz to take out climbing.

that's a photoshop right? right?!
I'm a digital forenzicologist and I can say by examining the pixels that it is shooped

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nice find! I'd ditch the Mammut if I were you. There's no reason to own two harnesses unless you have a comfy one and a light one. Or if you have noobz to take out climbing.
i'm gonna wait until i have both in hand to see which one is better fit first off. the flight is supposedly a lightweight one, it's claimed as 5oz lighter than the mammut. so i'll wait and see.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i'm gonna wait until i have both in hand to see which one is better fit first off. the flight is supposedly a lightweight one, it's claimed as 5oz lighter than the mammut. so i'll wait and see.
At your size 5oz isn't going to make a difference.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Fuuuuuck

The truck I bought in October just shit the bed. Apparently a spark plug blew out of the header and wrecked everything up. How the fuck does that happen?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Speaking of being fat: Indian food at noon conference today (liver multidisciplinary tumor board, for those keeping track). DELICIOUS.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fuuuuuck

The truck I bought in October just shit the bed. Apparently a spark plug blew out of the header and wrecked everything up. How the fuck does that happen?
Ford? One of our ambulances did that. You remove the head, clean out any shavings, drill out and retap, insert and torque down a helicoil, reinstall the head, insert new sparkplug and fire it up. should be around $900 and a couple of days in the shop

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Ford? One of our ambulances did that. You remove the head, clean out any shavings, drill out and retap, insert and torque down a helicoil, reinstall the head, insert new sparkplug and fire it up. should be around $900 and a couple of days in the shop
Yes indeed

My research is indicating that this is a common mode of failure for late 90's fords. Damn.

First quotes from the shop it's at are much higher than that but I'm making some calls to see what a more reasonable price is.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thanks for the tip. Got a quote for $600 + parts from the second place I called. Now I just gotta hope that the header is actually salvageable once they get into it.

I'll give your guy a call as well
Cylinder head, if the spark plug came out of your header you'd have serious problems.

Not trying to be pedantic here, the less you sound like you know what you are talking about, the more likely the price is to go up.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Cylinder head, if the spark plug came out of your header you'd have serious problems.

Not trying to be pedantic here, the less you sound like you know what you are talking about, the more likely the price is to go up.
Yeah, my bad. The spark plug did not make it all the way out of the header and go flying around the engine compartment. Although it sounded like it did. Holy shit was that a horrible noise to have coming out of my truck.

@eric strt6 Daniel gave me a better price and sounded like he was pretty familiar with that job. Gonna get it towed over there tomorrow morning.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yeah, my bad. The spark plug did not make it all the way out of the header and go flying around the engine compartment. Although it sounded like it did. Holy shit was that a horrible noise to have coming out of my truck.

@eric strt6 Daniel gave me a better price and sounded like he was pretty familiar with that job. Gonna get it towed over there tomorrow morning.
he should be he did our Ford ambulance two weeks ago.He does our vehicle fleet

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh balls. It is absolutely pouring rain outside, but the temperature is below freezing. The rain is freezing to everything. I stopped at the bank after work and cars in the parking lot had a centimeter of ice on them. Bong shed is going to be slippery later.

@slyfink, you still alive over there? Be safe...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Oh balls. It is absolutely pouring rain outside, but the temperature is below freezing. The rain is freezing to everything. I stopped at the bank after work and cars in the parking lot had a centimeter of ice on them. Bong shed is going to be slippery later.

@slyfink, you still alive over there? Be safe...

Glad I stayed here.... Waiting for my ride here: https://www.tedshotdogs.com/

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

and

Fava beans, chick peas, and tripe...

fasoola again... In the summer they serve it with sausage and spinach....

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My job this week consisted of exposing negligence and building the case to get a team of people shitcanned. I built a compelling case, but said people made the task FUCKING EASY.

I have also gotten some people put on notice for some pretty unprofessional behaviour.

I am the great purifier. Somebody's gotta get this crew in gear.

Now sitting in YVR waiting to fly back to Montreal. Drinking a mean Manhattan.