Quantcast

thursday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
looks like i will be flying from the sleep show in denver in a april to nyc to see wilco perform yankee hotel foxtrot....

@Fool ....amy good hotels near united palace...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Big day today. We are getting our fiber line installed. Up until now we have only been able to get internet service from Century Link through a phone line, it is teh suck.
Saying we should get 1000mbps, considering we are getting 1-2 mbps now, this will be neat.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

Big day today. We are getting our fiber line installed. Up until now we have only been able to get internet service from Century Link through a phone line, it is teh suck.
Saying we should get 1000mbps, considering we are getting 1-2 mbps now, this will be neat.
I have had 1000 for a while. It's not just the speed but the ability for the whole family do stream and game online without any problems that is nice. You going from 1-2 will be like driving the latest Bugatti like a chez crazy man on the speed unrestricted autobahn

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I have had 1000 for a while. It's not just the speed but the ability for the whole family do stream and game online without any problems that is nice. You going from 1-2 will be like driving the latest Bugatti like a chez crazy man on the speed unrestricted autobahn

My wife has WFH the whole time we have lived in this house. She is beyond excited about being able to work properly. She has had a rented office at a shared space place to do her web meetings, due to the slow shit we have currently.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
looks like i will be flying from the sleep show in denver in a april to nyc to see wilco perform yankee hotel foxtrot....

@Fool ....amy good hotels near united palace...
Washington Heights, there's a good taco truck near the hospital. It's saved my life a few times coming home from long-ass rides up 9W. This place is walkable and maybe not too spendy.

I'm gonna get Idles tickets for September at Kings Theater.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Washington Heights, there's a good taco truck near the hospital. It's saved my life a few times coming home from long-ass rides up 9W. This place is walkable and maybe not too spendy.

I'm gonna get Idles tickets for September at Kings Theater.
you might lose your voice singing along.....very fun band to see...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Caught a mouse by the foot in a trap last night and set it free. It promptly ran over to the next trap, luckily, that one finished the job quickly and painlessly. Okay then. Body count is up to 8. Sigh, I don't enjoy killing them.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Caught a mouse by the foot in a trap last night and set it free. It promptly ran over to the next trap, luckily, that one finished the job quickly and painlessly. Okay then. Body count is up to 8. Sigh, I don't enjoy killing them.
What bait works the best for you? I have one playing hide and seek in the attic and it has been avoiding my traps for a few days now.

Another day living the dream.

1644498900359.png

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I tried to sleep in but the cat wouldn't shut the fuck up, HOLY SHIT. So, I rolled out of bed and ran 5 miles rather slowly. Sitting at home working now while USA hockey is on the TV.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Continuing the mouse chatter there's one started scrambling around in the internal wall by our kitchen last night and wife said she heard it this morning...Little bastards.

None of my traps down in the basement and garage have caught anything for a while. I think I'd have to drill a hole in the wall to try and get this one if it's stuck in there...

Continuing the mouse chatter there's one started scrambling around in the internal wall by our kitchen last night and wife said she heard it this morning...Little bastards.

None of my traps down in the basement and garage have caught anything for a while. I think I'd have to drill a hole in the wall to try and get this one if it's stuck in there...
It ain't stuck, they find and/or make their own passageways. Our mouse population is Way the Fuck Down since I excavated and cleaned the house last year, plus we have Elsa the maniac cat.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It ain't stuck, they find and/or make their own passageways. Our mouse population is Way the Fuck Down since I excavated and cleaned the house last year, plus we have Elsa the maniac cat.
And, the universal truth of house mice, you never have just 1.

I'd happily get a cat to help with population control, but our dogs would not be tolerant of such an addition.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Second time waking myself up overnight with wicked reflux. Time to try a course of esomeprazole.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

I wouldn’t say I enjoy ending the little critters but with all of the electronics that get chewed up annually in my tractors, trucks, and grain system circuit boards, I don’t mind when one of our murder cats dismembers them.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
7am meeting... FTS. :disgust:
Someone here has a recurring meeting every Tuesday at 8am. I just stopped joining like a year ago.

Any meeting before 9:30am is no bueno. I need that first part of the day to find coffee, review emails, generally wake up and most importantly, post on ridemonkey. Sometimes a poop gets scheduled in there.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I wouldn’t say I enjoy ending the little critters but with all of the electronics that get chewed up annually in my tractors, trucks, and grain system circuit boards, I don’t mind when one of our murder cats dismembers them.
I get it. I started noticing mouse turds and shreds missing from the battery blankets on my truck. Not sure what to do about it, but those fuckers better not start in on the electronics or wiring. :mad:

gonefirefightin

free wieners

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And, the universal truth of house mice, you never have just 1.

I'd happily get a cat to help with population control, but our dogs would not be tolerant of such an addition.
Fostering kittens resolved our mouse problems.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My cats are lazy as fuck. I'm pretty sure they're too stupid to catch anything aside from a cold.

little sandwich (slider?) saw the skin doc today. Apparently it's normal eczema and due to the cold and dry air. We've got some new scripts to try and get it under control. Glad he doesn't need immunosuppresents, sad it's not a magic bullet.

In other news, my alarm went off at 5, I said fuck it, my body says YEAH WE'RE WIDE AWAKE NOW BOSS

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My cats are lazy as fuck. I'm pretty sure they're too stupid to catch anything aside from a cold.

little sandwich (slider?) saw the skin doc today. Apparently it's normal eczema and due to the cold and dry air. We've got some new scripts to try and get it under control. Glad he doesn't need immunosuppresents, sad it's not a magic bullet.

In other news, my alarm went off at 5, I said fuck it, my body says YEAH WE'RE WIDE AWAKE NOW BOSS
run a humidifier if you're not already

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
After many decades doing battle with Colorado prairie mice, I've found the best bait is some sort of stinky/tasty cheese. Never had much luck with peanut butter - little bastards seemed to be able to lick a trap clean without triggering it.

But having a cat is way less work than all that.