Quantcast

thursday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
for the luddites in the denver area....the nahmbs is in denver this year in september...22-25...

might take in the first two days while on mental health break time...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Weather is drunk today.
Due to the ground still being frozen there is water everywhere.
It is across the road in front of my place. The basement in my bank barn has flooded (not much in there), more notable as it’s on a hill side and probably has never been flooded in its 150 year life.
Also supposed to get 8” of snow later today. Neat.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello hello
was going to drag the kids to see monster trucks this weekend, but $40 a ticket and my son's extreme sensitivity to basically anything suggests I save the cash and wait for another time. Maybe we'll do didney on ice instead.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Weather is also drunk here. We have a snowfall warning and a rainfall hazard notice, at the same time.

Been raining all night.

Last night's ride was a blast. Poached some nordic ski trails, which are so much fun white nuclear tucking down the hills. Some of the si gle track was littered with horse shit; what a great visual on while snow, thanks horse riders.

Not looking forward to work today. Tired. And so much to do.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Working 7-4. I hope the snow is worth it, squeeb. The Winter Park and Monarch snow stakes are rather underwhelming.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yesterday we had our ex neighbors over for dinner.
Made some Dhal, Masala Dosa, chutneys and some Aloo tikki chana chat for entry. Finished with an awesome Key lime pie. T'was delicious.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Felt good to actually sleep for a bit last night, the meds have been knocking me the fuck out. probably had 6 hours of sleep without a cough but as soon as I opened my eyes it was flem on.

In other news,

the only god damned night I happen to be away that fucking beaver takes down another tree
6AB2D54E-708F-4B4F-BB14-0FBC04BBD0B3.jpeg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Field Service Guys: Manufacturing needs to stop over torquing these screws.
Me: You are right, it's a fragile assembly, let me put a torque spec on those.
FSG: No, cause then we would have to abide by those and our guys don't want to carry torque screwdrivers.

WTF do you want me to do for you then? Say thoughts and prayers for each assembly as it goes out the door? Some people. :banghead:

:wave:

Field Service Guys: Manufacturing needs to stop over torquing these screws.
Me: You are right, it's a fragile assembly, let me put a torque spec on those.
FSG: No, cause then we would have to abide by those and our guys don't want to carry torque wrenches.

WTF do you want me to do for you then? Say thoughts and prayers for each assembly as it goes out the door? Some people. :banghead:
Sounds quite similar to torque discussions on this forum.

Edit: What's the product?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Heading to SOCAL Friday afternoon so I spent yesterday after work putting the camper back on the repaired truck and getting the propane tanks refilled. Still need to refill the freshwater tank and load up gear and food. Priority on the supplies list is to load enough beer on board for the trip. We plan on eating lots of Tacos while on the road so I cooked up a nice batch of corn tortillas last night.

Espresso then off to work I go

Attachments

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Heading to SOCAL Friday afternoon so I spent yesterday after work putting the camper back on the repaired truck and getting the propane tanks refilled. Still need to refill the freshwater tank and load up gear and food. Priority on the supplies list is to load enough beer on board for the trip. We plan on eating lots of Tacos while on the road so I cooked up a nice batch of corn tortillas last night.

Espresso then off to work I go
Is that baking powder for the tortillas I see ?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
How cumbersome can a torque screwdriver be anyway ? Don’t want to carry it, lol.

In other news I just checked the gold market...:panic:

Need to fire up the French Press.
That's where I'm currently losing my shit. This is a fragile, precision assembly. Saying we can't implement torque specs cause we can't be bothered to buy and maintain basic assembly equipment is a piss poor reason for not doing it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Laser assembly. Has all manner of fragile glass inside. Has historically demonstrated elevated failure rates, in part due to uneven fastener torque.
That's where I'm currently losing my shit. This is a fragile, precision assembly. Saying we can't implement torque specs cause we can't be bothered to buy and maintain basic assembly equipment is a piss poor reason for not doing it.
Easy solution. A sticker on the side of each assembly:

Tighten each fastener individually until you hear cracking, then back off a quarter turn.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Only 4-5" of snow and thankfully it was fluffy. Old Jack up the street was out shovelling when I took Hannah to school, so that accelerated my plans to wait for it to warm up before shovelling. Neighbor and I who was out told him again, that we will always be out there shovelling if it's wet, icy, or more than 2" of snow.

Slow today, so playing catch-up, finally.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Easy solution. A sticker on the side of each assembly:

Tighten each fastener individually until you hear cracking, then back off a quarter turn.
Tighten until it starts to loosen, then back off 1/4 turn.

Of course, they are Phillips head fasteners, so you can strip out the head and/or screwdriver tip before the threads will let go.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
"nature's loctite"

When I did field service I would occasionally find myself in a situation where a threaded hole was buggered up, replacement parts were on the way but I wanted to get the customer back into production while we waited. Mixing up fine iron filings with Loctite is like liquid helicoil.