Quantcast

thursday gfmt

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I swear to fsm I must work at the same company as some of you guys.

The amount of torque that our guys in production manage to get into an M1.8 (?) philips head fastener defies physics…except for the times when they under torque them and I find fasteners rolling around in the bottom of the housing…

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well that was a near panic attack.

left the office to get my daughter from preschool. quarter mile away from the church where her preschool is, road was closed and barricaded with like 4 cop cars and turned back. had to loop around (as there are no other roads closer to it), 5 minute detour, got real nervous, because I realized if it was closed there then it was likely closed on the other side of the church too, and there's nothing else on that stretch besides residential homes. no firetrucks so that got ruled out. approached full panic attack when i finally turned around onto the other end of the street and THAT was closed off by police too. there was someone on this end so i pulled up to ask as he tried to wave me to another street. explained that my daughter is at the church preschool and i was supposed to pick her up at noon. he said there was a phone pole down, but i would be able to access the church parking lot at the first entrance. got there, talked to the teacher. turns out a drunk driver hit the phone pole. the car was already gone and the driver was already arrested. still a bit nerve-wracking.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
well that was a near panic attack.

left the office to get my daughter from preschool. quarter mile away from the church where her preschool is, road was closed and barricaded with like 4 cop cars and turned back. had to loop around (as there are no other roads closer to it), 5 minute detour, got real nervous, because I realized if it was closed there then it was likely closed on the other side of the church too, and there's nothing else on that stretch besides residential homes. no firetrucks so that got ruled out. approached full panic attack when i finally turned around onto the other end of the street and THAT was closed off by police too. there was someone on this end so i pulled up to ask as he tried to wave me to another street. explained that my daughter is at the church preschool and i was supposed to pick her up at noon. he said there was a phone pole down, but i would be able to access the church parking lot at the first entrance. got there, talked to the teacher. turns out a drunk driver hit the phone pole. the car was already gone and the driver was already arrested. still a bit nerve-wracking.
There's nothing like that feeling inside when you think your kid may be in some type of trouble/danger. Can't explain it.

A few years ago I was driving home from work to my house in the boonies, only to find the only easy ways there were blocked off. Assuming it was for something similar (down tree/pole), I asked the officer what was going on, and he said the guy down the street was firing a high powered rifle at people. Oh, OK.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There's nothing like that feeling inside when you think your kid may be in some type of trouble/danger. Can't explain it.

A few years ago I was driving home from work to my house in the boonies, only to find the only easy ways there were blocked off. Assuming it was for something similar (down tree/pole), I asked the officer what was going on, and he said the guy down the street was firing a high powered rifle at people. Oh, OK.
yea, even trying to be rationale that it was at a church and all the kids are pre-k didn't help much

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
In the 70s we had Nuclear attack drills. Although I don’t think hiding under our desks was very effective protection from a Russian Atomic bomb, but we did.
We had them in the 80s, practicing for American nuclear attack, they were fun. Everyone had their gas mask in school storage + we got rubber garments for extra protection and walked through fields covered with smoke, simulating radiation.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The 10" of fluffy snow had turned into 6" of heavy slush by the time I got outside to clear our pathways and driveway.

Snowblower basically said FTS given the consistency.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@Jozz the snow is a comin'! Rain followed by ice pellets and now it's dumping wet snow. Traction is at a minimum, to say the least.

Stupid donkey drivers in the town where I work were slowing down going up the big hill to get the freeway. Dudesssss speed is your friend there don't slow down!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
passed a house last week that had a giant inflatable reindeer out front with a big sign around its neck that read "it's ok, i'm cupid"
There's a chiropractor by me that has one of those ten foot skeletons and has been redecorating it for Thanksgiving, xmas, and now valentine's day. I hope they do it for st Patty's too