Quantcast

thursday gfmt

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Staties were patrolling local trails on horses yesterday, that's new. Rain today so I don't think there will be much riding going on.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Came back from the best holiday I had in years last week. Felt energized to do shit, train, run, bike, lift weights. Got Shingles a few days later. No one told me how much this shit hurt. Always assumed it's uncomfortable and not something that encourages you to never go off painkillers.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Teh Spousal Unit™ lost her phone while riding yesterday afternoon. Stopped for a quick break, pulled it out of her bag, then when she put it back in she didn’t zip the pocket closed and it bounced out on trail. We retraced her route after dinner, found a snack bar that bounced out of the same pocket but not the phone. Might go back later today to look again, our inspection ride was right at dusk (nearly dark when we finished) so visibility was pretty low. She’s feeling like a dummy, but sometimes stuff just happens. I hope we find it or it gets found, we do have a pretty awesome local community Facebook group.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Teh Spousal Unit™ lost her phone while riding yesterday afternoon. Stopped for a quick break, pulled it out of her bag, then when she put it back in she didn’t zip the pocket closed and it bounced out on trail. We retraced her route after dinner, found a snack bar that bounced out of the same pocket but not the phone. Might go back later today to look again, our inspection ride was right at dusk (nearly dark when we finished) so visibility was pretty low. She’s feeling like a dummy, but sometimes stuff just happens. I hope we find it or it gets found, we do have a pretty awesome local community Facebook group.
None of the find my BS turned on so she can look via her apul account to see where it might be?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

4 month old heat pump decided it no longer wants to turn on. So that's cool, good thing it's still under warranty.

Plucked a tick nymph off my leg last night. Fucking ticks. Gave me the heebie jeebies all night.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Staties were patrolling local trails on horses yesterday, that's new. Rain today so I don't think there will be much riding going on.
That's different. Were they handing out tickets? In the years riding the Fells I'm not sure I ever saw anyone out there actually enforcing the trail closures...

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
That's different. Were they handing out tickets? In the years riding the Fells I'm not sure I ever saw anyone out there actually enforcing the trail closures...
I rode past them a few times, didn't really see them interact with anyone. It felt like they simply wanted to be seen there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
one reason why i generally don't ride with a phone.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
as someone who has left his phone on the roof of his car four or five times along with a bank deposit....she is not alone...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Speaking of ticks, I have one bite that’s still not completely healed after a month and a fresh one from a recent hike. Lone Star seems to be the dominant variety this season. No risk of Lyme disease, just itchy.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If I tried to ride with my iTimeWaster in my pocket it would be ruined with sweat by the time I finished. Goes in the pack. That is until I get a frame with a reachable water bottle mount then I can ditch the pack for e custom EnduroBrah fanny pack with the word “Woo” embroidered on the back.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
From experience, it's intense.
The pain is comparable to the 1st day after my collarbone surgery. The issue is it doesn't get better after 1 day. It's damn annoying. Super weird to get it after 2 weeks of heathy food, 9h of sleep, great clean air, lots of sport. Yeah I thought I'm going to die once when the cliff diving guides told me to cling to some stupid steep rock face and shimmy to where they are but 1 near death experience can't be enough.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

another day of work, but at least from home. Liver and neuroendocrine conference at noon.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Came back from the best holiday I had in years last week. Felt energized to do shit, train, run, bike, lift weights. Got Shingles a few days later. No one told me how much this shit hurt. Always assumed it's uncomfortable and not something that encourages you to never go off painkillers.
Aren't you kinda young to get shingles? :confused:

From experience, it's intense.
You, OTOH, are *not* too young for the shingles.

fucking dogs woke me up at 0230, 0315, 0414 , 0445. my mood

View attachment 177475
"Get a few dogs," they said.

Time to make the donuts…
Goddammit. Donuts. Now.

All that nonsense is turned on, on the phone. But she can’t remember her eye cloud password to log in on her laptop to actually use the find my features.

:shakefist:
Goddam Apple shit. :D