Quantcast

thursday gfmt

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Teh Spousal Unit™ lost her phone while riding yesterday afternoon. Stopped for a quick break, pulled it out of her bag, then when she put it back in she didn’t zip the pocket closed and it bounced out on trail. We retraced her route after dinner, found a snack bar that bounced out of the same pocket but not the phone. Might go back later today to look again, our inspection ride was right at dusk (nearly dark when we finished) so visibility was pretty low. She’s feeling like a dummy, but sometimes stuff just happens. I hope we find it or it gets found, we do have a pretty awesome local community Facebook group.
is anybody answering it?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had a quick gut shot when I was on the way to drop Haley off at camp this am. My uncle, Kelby, died 3 (maybe 4 now) years ago now. Only Kelby I've come across in my whole life. His GA and FL plates were both Kelby. I saw a CO tag with KELBY this morning. That was an unexpected need for a deep, slow breath and composure check.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Need me to call it in case they're screening your calls?

:D
Called and a nice fella picked up, so the phone has been located and we'll get it back this afternoon. Apparently it was found by a buddy of the guy who answered, but the finder doesn't live in our town full time so he passed it along to a friend that does. At any rate, small town stuff. Stoked to be getting it back.

Let's all jump in and drain the battery.
Jerk. :p

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Called and a nice fella picked up, so the phone has been located and we'll get it back this afternoon. Apparently it was found by a buddy of the guy who answered, but the finder doesn't live in our town full time so he passed it along to a friend that does. At any rate, small town stuff. Stoked to be getting it back.
It's all sunshine and hugs until you see all the photos he's left on there for you.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I mean in a gender-ish sort of way…he hangs out all of the time with this really cute girl that claims she wants to be a boy. But she wears lipstick, wears cute little mid-rif numbers to show off her assets…it’s all so Gen Z, it’s kind of funny.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I mean in a gender-ish sort of way…he hangs out all of the time with this really cute girl that claims she wants to be a boy. But she wears lipstick, wears cute little mid-fife numbers to show off her assets…it’s all so Gen Z, it’s kind of funny.
buy him this for his next birthday

1654808297583.png

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
we have a quasi-formal company policy of no meetings on fridays (exceptions are for business critical issues)
We have our "team meetings". Nobody takes client meetings on Friday; we treat it as a catch up day. General consensus is it's an assumed pseudo day off as long as your hitting numbers.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My planned 44/6800 ride turned into 20/3800.

101 Freedum high on the first 1400ft climb cooked me. Then a storm moving in at mile 20 made me decide to call it a day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I just checked the strava machine, oof!, did you intend to add WR in that stupid mix??
There was a sneaky bike swap at mile ~17 on to my road bike, I'd planned a couple of reps down and up Lookout.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It started raining after walkies. Looks like it might stop about Wednesday.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
as someone who has left his phone on the roof of his car four or five times along with a bank deposit....she is not alone...
My wife did the car roof thing and someone picked it up and answered it when my MIL called. Wife had her phone back before she even knew it was missing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My wife did the car roof thing and someone picked it up and answered it when my MIL called. Wife had her phone back before she even knew it was missing.
A friend of mine was shocked that I rode with my phone in my pocket most of the time. I explained it never fell out and I preferred to have it somewhere where I could feel it was still there and it was particularly handy when riding in new places where regular navigation checks were necessary. He put his phone in his pocked and within 5 minutes he crashed and destroyed the damn thing.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
A friend of mine was shocked that I rode with my phone in my pocket most of the time. I explained it never fell out and I preferred to have it somewhere where I could feel it was still there and it was particularly handy when riding in new places where regular navigation checks were necessary. He put his phone in his pocked and within 5 minutes he crashed and destroyed the damn thing.
lol. mine's always in my pocket too. never had an issue.

gonna get out for a slow local spin tomorrow - first ride since snowshoe two weeks ago. been crazy busy with travel/work/family. stoked.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Mine goes in the top of the camelback. Better view of the sky and seems to be protected from most crashes so far.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
we have a quasi-formal company policy of no meetings on fridays (exceptions are for business critical issues)
We have an organized informal fredagsbar on Fridays starting at 14:30. Basically a get-together to drink beers and other alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages. :D