Quantcast

thursday gfmt

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Last night was a success. The food was terrible, but the show was good and "Felix" was entertaining. It makes me happy to see my boy happy and doing well. I did the grandpa move and picked up the tab. Lil Man had always wanted to go to Benihana, and now he has.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
lungs seem to be clearing up this morning, only hacked up a 1/4 of yesterdays lung butter. fever is gone. I still have this rotten aftertaste in my mouth that brushing and gargling gets rid of for and hour or so before it comes back. dose 4 of Paxlovid about to be consumed. covid sucks

on the bright side my espresso tastes great this morning
That might be the transformer nanobots in the Paxlovid killing the covid decepticon nanobots if it's a metallic taste?

I think I recall one monkey stopping taking it because they hated the aftertaste so much.
Yeah, that's the Paxlovid. I got that taste from doses 3 onward. Not pleasant. But I took it and didn't have rebound reinfection either so that's that.

/me couldn't sleep last night--storms, wife with restless legs as she slept and then she snored quietly to my annoyance :D , hypomanic from lots of moonlighting work. ended up sleeping in ultimately, waking up at 8:09 and hustling to get to my nominally 8:15 PT appointment nearly on time. got some work to do strengthening mah hips but overall I'm doing well in my recovery.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
lungs seem to be clearing up this morning, only hacked up a 1/4 of yesterdays lung butter. fever is gone. I still have this rotten aftertaste in my mouth that brushing and gargling gets rid of for and hour or so before it comes back. dose 4 of Paxlovid about to be consumed. covid sucks

on the bright side my espresso tastes great this morning
I didn’t go the paxlovid route. Now I’m hearing from friends that they’ve known people who took it and got hit with Covid rebound. Fuuu.

Well, I’m a week into my infection. According to LA County I’m allowed to end isolation but supposed to keep masked up in public through Sunday. In the current LA heat I’m not particularly interested in going out anywhere masked up, and I don’t really have anywhere to be. I went out and picked up dinner last night, which felt great. I also have been going out for walks, and doing chores like laundry.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sitting urgent care. Hannah has an ear infection and I'm getting check out at the same time. Officially the flu, so getting some Tamiflu. Wifey is going to have to drive down here to get seen as well.

While we were talking we came to the realization at the same time that I am substantially low vs. my normal caffeine intake levels, which might actually be a big part of the headaches and body hurting.

So while at TGT/CVS I will be getting a Celsius (wahoo!/s) to see if that caffeine injection helps.

SO AWESOME!! FTS.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Speaking of Covid, the wife’s best friend has just been confirmed to have encephalitis likely from having Covid 5 months ago.

She’s had a bit of a wild ride, originally diagnosed as schizophrenia, got to stay in the mental institution for a week multiple times, lost motor function, speech sounded like she had a stroke, didn’t attempt suicide exactly but did try to do things where death would have been an obvious result (exit a car on the freeway, walk off a cliff in Malibu trying to get to our house, etc).

I guess she’s checking in to the hospital today for a metric shitton of meds to get her squared away.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Speaking of Covid, the wife’s best friend has just been confirmed to have encephalitis likely from having Covid 5 months ago.

She’s had a bit of a wild ride, originally diagnosed as schizophrenia, got to stay in the mental institution for a week multiple times, lost motor function, speech sounded like she had a stroke, didn’t attempt suicide exactly but did try to do things where death would have been an obvious result (exit a car on the freeway, walk off a cliff in Malibu trying to get to our house, etc).

I guess she’s checking in to the hospital today for a metric shitton of meds to get her squared away.
Damn. I wish her the best.

I read the symptoms of that and it starts setting off lightbulbs and thoughts. No where near what your friend is going through, but a year ago I started going through some brain stuff. Got diagnosed with something, which explains some of it, but not other stuff...which I'm trying to deal with now. Ughhh it sucks.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Damn. I wish her the best.

I read the symptoms of that and it starts setting off lightbulbs and thoughts. No where near what your friend is going through, but a year ago I started going through some brain stuff. Got diagnosed with something, which explains some of it, but not other stuff...which I'm trying to deal with now. Ughhh it sucks.

On the one hand, I guess this is so rare that doctors are going to fly in to interview her/study her case and this is the first time anybody at the hospital has seen it, so maybe not what’s going on with your noodle?

On the other hand, she was misdiagnosed for months because it’s so rare it wasn’t even considered a possibility, so possibly exactly what’s wrong with your noodle?

Not sure how much past her initial “nervous breakdown” was a result of the ever increasing anti psychotics she was on.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
On the one hand, I guess this is so rare that doctors are going to fly in to interview her/study her case and this is the first time anybody at the hospital has seen it, so maybe not what’s going on with your noodle?

On the other hand, she was misdiagnosed for months because it’s so rare it wasn’t even considered a possibility, so possibly exactly what’s wrong with your noodle?

Not sure how much past her initial “nervous breakdown” was a result of the ever increasing anti psychotics she was on.
Yeah I can't imagine being in her shoes, especially being misdiagnosed.

But yeah, I mean I highly doubt I have that, I mean chances are I don't. I just read symptoms, check some off and then wonder. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Man... that long-COVID stuff is some BULLSHIT. :mad:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
snagged another billy strings ticket in december since i did not go to yesterdays show...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... Wifey now at urgent care. Hoping to get ahead of her flu for family reunion Saturday. Way to spend a day!