Quantcast

thursday gfmt

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Summer in Denmark has turned wet and cold. Not my ideal bike weather but as people tell me its good for the garden. Maybe I need to ride the road bike today.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Had an okay day, was ice on the car this morning but it was still a shorts and shirt day, coz Straya!
Couldn't de-adjust some brakes with the three adjusters in the work truck on a site today, turned out a Sunflag scraper was the tool for the job-
1689847933972.png

If I had to force the hub off the day would have gone well past a 12hr day, and that would have sucked.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Yesterday was interesting.
Had a offer at one the other larger more corporate one said next week sometime.
The offer I did receive is ok, but they are getting a counter from me. We’ll see how bad they want me to work there. Would be selling Yellow iron again, which is kind of fun.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Hero Dirt!

Ridemonkey told me my dated '14 26er was unrideabru.

So I tested it. Today is run 44 beginning in May.
I must be doing this wrong because other than bruised not broken rib and likely broken pinkie finger, none of my bikes give me a shit eating grin like this steed and have me asking for another.

Of course, I like the DH bike feeling like my 24 dj cruiser with suspension, ymmv.

More importantly do any fine monkeys have a stash of 26 hoops, hubs, etc? Currently out of round and nursing multiple dents that will eventually/immediately leading to cracking (mostly due to my Hacktastic skillz) thanks in advance.
IMG_20230719_060321.jpg

Sticky side down.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Beautiful day. Ride night. Still 2.5 weeks before I can get on the bike. :( between the heat waves, forest fires and heavy rain, this is the first time I've really missed riding. But boy oh boy do I ever miss it now.

anyways, busy day on tap at work... boy 1 is taking the day off from canoe racing/training today, but will be doing his ski racing this evening. Maybe I'll go for a hike in the woods. I need some time in the forest.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
t minus 2 days.

Time to start packing I guess. Hopefully my checked bag isn't considered oversized. :think:

Anyways, le work. But first, coffee'ing it now.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Oh and we are sending off my 15 year old son to NYC today. Flying on his own and will stay with one of his buddies. They had an amazing time two years ago and I think this will be even better. I wish I could have gone with him but it will be cool for him to travel on his own and as an American he can enjoy not having to drag his immigrant dad along.

Got out on the trail inbetween the rain. Legs felt better than yesterdays shake down ride post vacation. Bike felt great too. Now I just need to get back to the gym.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Me as well.
That said, trails should be good. I'm going for a ride.
I had pondered yesterday getting out for an hour at 6AM before work, but after getting woken so early...nope. Looking at the forecast I'll likely have to do the hamster wheel indoors later.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Apparently it's just going to be thunder, lightning and rain all day then.

@Nick hope you wore your best rubber soled shoes if you're out riding.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Not feeling great, but better than on Tuesday. NyQuil wore off around 12am last night, so I was up for an hour. Just got up again, so breakfast, hide in the corner away from people, and consume caffeine so that I don't get withdrawal headaches like I have been. There are no plans until Saturday, so I have time to get better.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
lungs seem to be clearing up this morning, only hacked up a 1/4 of yesterdays lung butter. fever is gone. I still have this rotten aftertaste in my mouth that brushing and gargling gets rid of for and hour or so before it comes back. dose 4 of Paxlovid about to be consumed. covid sucks

on the bright side my espresso tastes great this morning

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I still have this rotten aftertaste in my mouth that brushing and gargling gets rid of for and hour or so before it comes back.
That might be the transformer nanobots in the Paxlovid killing the covid decepticon nanobots if it's a metallic taste?

I think I recall one monkey stopping taking it because they hated the aftertaste so much.