Quantcast

~~~ Thursday GMDIT ~~~

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

So I've been looking for a boat windshield to retrofit to mine and haven't had a tone of luck. So I changed my search on CL and an ad came up last week for one for $100 that looked like it would work. Not too far away, too, so that was a bonus. Homeboy says he's out of town, but will call me next week.

After looking at a few more, I'm starting to get discouraged and homeboy hadn't called. So I checked the ad and it's expired, so I called him to see if he still had it. He does and gives me directions. I take a long lunch and head out and it's way up in the sticks. Wicked fun drive with the top off and I finally find his place. There are 2 hot rods in the driveway and this house is amazing with a view overlooking the valley.

He comes walking around the corner and says "damn I hate Corvette's" and laughs. I admire the 2 Fords in the driveway and we start talking. He shows me the windshield, looks like it will work, now will it fit in the car? Sure does, barely. But after we get it loaded up, he says "If you have a minute, I can show you my madness." We head out to the shop and it has 8 bays. Inside are a dozen more rods from '23 to '49. He has 4 more in the garage, then he shows me "the barn". He had over 40 rods, half of them finished, the other half in some various state of change.

He also has a '66 Stingray roadster (#'s matching) and an '03 Corvette roadster. Dude had so much, I didn't even know where to start taking pics and they were all wedged in to get them all to fit in places, you couldn't get a pic anyway.

The dude had it all from coupes, to sedans, to trucks. He has "a few" 67-72 Chevy trucks as well in the other barn. He said he opened the Napa store in Forest Grove to support his car habit and had to buy 10 acres to keep it all on. :rofl:

/coolstorybro

This was Bob's view.

<edit> I was going to give him full price for the windshield, he sold it to me for $75. A very cool dude.

Last edited: