Quantcast

~~Thursday GMT 10/09/08~~

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, monkeys. It's FRIDAY for me! (and several other monkeys.) I'm very much looking forward to the four day weekend.

Didn't do too much yesterday. Went to the gym, made kabobs.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning Monkeys.

Short work week IAB? Really? You?? That's weird. :hmm:

Nothing exciting to report, humpday survived and behind me. I'm really hating how early its dark these days (already) as it makes post work rides tough. I wrenched on my RFX and got it ready for the weekend. (loose pivot; cleaned, loctite, lubed, done)

Today looks like a pretty typical day of work, gym afterward, and a plate of the world's best hot wings after that.

Have a fun weekend at Monkeyfest you short week-ers!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Have fun at MonkeyFest!

Wife's B'Day at the local Mexican restaurant last night. Good fun....large beers. Might head over to the jumps and do a little work later on. Y'all have a great day!!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Mornin'. Wish I could have snagged a Friday to make it a 4 day, but no go.

Working in MD today, taking a ride this afternoon on some local singletrack if the rain holds off.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning Yinz guyz!

trying to get caught up at work.

couldn't get to sleep last night... mowing over the descision to quit my band or not. :disgust:

it's raining but I should be able to get out and start laying out my DJ line.

have a good one Monkeys

OH and those of you meeting up with Manhattan have a good time, and have a good time at MF you MF'ers! :twitch:

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
morning monkeys.

so i'm finally riding after 2 weeks off from a sprained ankle and a week long cold. my gastrocs are sore as hell and my lung capacity while riding sucks. but it was great being back on the bike.

school sememster is up for the kids. first one in texas and my daughter made honor roll!! i'm happy for her. at least it shows that the move hasn't knocked her off her game with school. my son is being tested for dsylexia. after a meeting with school officials...it would seem that the struggles he's had since K could all be attributed to this. so if he gets "diagnosed" they will put him in an additional program that can help him overcome this. he definitely is the classic scenario with writing certain letters and numbers backwards, excelling in math, and being able to get words that are far beyond words he SHOULD get but still struggles with the small sight words he should know. i'm happy though that this school has recognized it and can get him help versus the schools in the past just chalkin it up to being "unfocused".

so all in all texas continues to be the best decision i've made so far!! :biggrin:

well have a good one monkeys.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Yup, my Friday as well and a 4 day weekend. Work has been crazy busy and the week has flown past.

Am going to attempt to get back on the bike after a couple of weeks off.

A good weekend to all.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hello, monkeys. It's FRIDAY for me! (and several other monkeys.) I'm very much looking forward to the four day weekend.

Didn't do too much yesterday. Went to the gym, made kabobs.
Friday for me too. Our sitter can't watch Brinley tomorrow so I'm going hiking with her up in the Gunks. :) (Sam's point to be specific)

:banana:
I'm listening to Chuck Berry this morning and this Banana seems to be going with the beat..... funny....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning. Looking forward to the Columbus Day Weekend. I've also been asked to work part time for Ted Wojcik Custom Bicycles and have accepted their offer. I plan to do my best to help out a truly nice guy and one helluva good bike frame builder. :thumb:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Morning. Looking forward to the Columbus Day Weekend. I've also been asked to work part time for Ted Wojcik Custom Bicycles and have accepted their offer. I plan to do my best to help out a truly nice guy and one helluva good bike frame builder. :thumb:
Congrats! Very cool. :cheers:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Nice day here thus far. I have work tomorrow but that's ok 'cause I'll be having dinner with Echo tonight and packing for MF YEAH!!! My back is feeling a little better today so I think I am good to go for riding. Sq-Earl broke my HID so we are down to 1 right now but I believe Echo will save me so I am up for night riding at the KT!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Very cool! What will you be working on?

As for me, it's my Friday as well and the clock needs to move quicker so I can go for a ride.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'll be doing PT sales/promotion/exposure type work for Ted and also hopefully helping them brainstorm about new ideas (FS frame ideas)/upcoming projects etc. etc.
Awesome man! Congrats!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I took a beginner mountain biking last night. We rode for almost 2 hours and she did really good. I taught her the fine art of getting up and over logs and rocks. It's fun to see things through a newb.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
...couldn't get to sleep last night... mowing over the descision to quit my band or not. :disgust:
going to cut your music career short?

I hit up spin class this morning, now I'm waiting for the cafeteria to open so I can get some breakfast.

Today is my Thursday!!!! :banghead:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Awesome!
I assume standard Monkey discounts are immediately in effect?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
going to cut your music career short?

I hit up spin class this morning, now I'm waiting for the cafeteria to open so I can get some breakfast.

Today is my Thursday!!!! :banghead:

Nah, Just bored and annoyed with one of the members who has NO VISION... my "career" was cut short a long time ago. Now it is just a hobby to keep playing. :thumb:

MMcG

Congrats man! that sounds great! My mother's maiden name is Wojcik, wonder if there is any relation!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I took a beginner mountain biking last night. We rode for almost 2 hours and she did really good. I taught her the fine art of getting up and over logs and rocks. It's fun to see things through a newb.
One of my favorite parts of being a mountain biker is to take newbs out and watch them progress.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
So, anyone every been to a chiropractor? I have an appointment in a few hours to get my back some attention.

yes! I have a really good one who is fantastic! The only problem with him is it takes more than an hour for the whole appointment. He gives me electro stim to loosen up the muscles (usually ~20-25 min). Takes about 5 minutes to diagnose what is needed by doing a bunch of strength tests. Then about 20+ minutes of treatment including traditional adjustment (cracking) and percussors, which is like a mini air hammer that taps things back in place. The percussor feels like a good massage! Usually after all the adjustments, he redoes the strength tests and I am usually golden. If not he makes a few more adjustments etc.

If you walk in and they crack your back, pat you on the shoulder and tell you come back in a few days... walk away! Find a chiro that is more like a sports med. doc! You need one that takes the time to diagnose problems EVERY time you go in there!

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
yes! I have a really good one who is fantastic! The only problem with him is it takes more than an hour for the whole appointment. He gives me electro stim to loosen up the muscles (usually ~20-25 min). Takes about 5 minutes to diagnose what is needed by doing a bunch of strength tests. Then about 20+ minutes of treatment including traditional adjustment (cracking) and percussors, which is like a mini air hammer that taps things back in place. The percussor feels like a good massage! Usually after all the adjustments, he redoes the strength tests and I am usually golden. If not he makes a few more adjustments etc.

If you walk in and they crack your back, pat you on the shoulder and tell you come back in a few days... walk away! Find a chiro that is more like a sports med. doc! You need one that takes the time to diagnose problems EVERY time you go in there!
agreed. and a good one will incorporate massage or atleast recommend them. a chiropractor can adjust your bones however it's the pulling and weakening of your muscles that allow for your bones to become unaligned. this happens from daily stresses you put on your body (how you sit, how you walk, etc.). having a massage works on the muscles to keep them in their optimum health allowing for greater range of motion while the chiro keeps the bones in alignment. they work hand in hand.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003

Good to know. I was on the phone with this Dr. for about 25 minutes (he called me to get ready for my appointment today) and he told me to expect to be there about 45-50 minutes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Called in sick to work. Been busy packing, gonna grab some In n Out for lunch, and I think go for a ride this afternoon. The waves in the ocean are off the hook today tho... So maybe post ride ocean swim / boogie boarding session.