Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

An early start to the day.....Colin woke us up at 4:30 this morning and was ready to party. <Yawn> It's chilly here today....we're having a two-day cold snap....that's OK though, we'll be back in the 60's by Friday and I can put away these darned long sleeve shirts!!

No ride last night at Nice Guy Mikes...we've had quite a bit of needed rain, and things are just too mushy to ride on. I hung out at the house last night and tried...I repeat, tried to fix our washing machine(it's not going to the spin cycle for some reason) and just ended up wasting time. Gonna have to hunt a new one down I believe...it was an el cheapo that we bought used, so I'm not sweating the loss.

Gotta go to the visitation tonight for our employee that passed away this week---not looking forward to that. I'm so awkward at these things.....

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning, y'all. Very nippleish here in the SOMD, about 19-20 degrees. Even colder at the homestead up in PA, less than 10!! Putting the wraps on the office stuff in MD this week to prep for the move back to PA full time.

Have a good un.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's freakin COLD today! 4 degrees outside according to my car thermometer. Forunately the new down coat I just bought at REI kept me nice and warm. :) I love Christmas money and gift cards.

I did 30 minutes on the evil stair climber last night. I hate that machine.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
G'morning all! It's been a LONG time since I posted in a GMT, and never on the first page! I'm up early today, have to get some freelance work done before the contract job. Did you hear that? Yep... that's the sound of me getting FAT. Fat wallet, and fat bottom... both from working all the damn time.

Ah well, I DID take two years off, this was bound to happen...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning all...

morning FT... good to see you!

G-hound... did some work around the house last night and finished priming and painting a storm window I made for the bathroom window. Now to install the glass and put the damn thing in. (I did make a stupid late night mistake when cutting the rail/styles and took me an extra day to wait for glue to dry on the pieces I had to glue back in :disgust1: )

I will post up pics of the set of shelves I was telling you about... I got them done for Bek for Christmas, but I don't think we snapped pics of them yet!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I will post up pics of the set of shelves I was telling you about... I got them done for Bek for Christmas, but I don't think we snapped pics of them yet!
Oh man......I was supposed to get our armoire project finished before Christmas, but I took an extended trip on the fail-boat, and it's still sitting in my shop. My excuse is that I'm still saving money to buy an edge jointer and that it's really, really integral in finishing this project. It's my hope she'll have mercy on my soul and just go ahead and buy it for me.......:brows:

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Mornin everyone. It's 12 degrees outside right now, but with the constant wind it feels like -1. Gotta love Bleaksburg. At least that's what weather.com tells me. I have no intentions of finding out if they're wrong. It's a nice 70 in my house.
We're building Hayden a table to put his trainset on and I've come to realize that unless it's nailing palettes to trees, I'm horrible at carpentry.

Nothing big in the works today besides staying warm. I dug out a dirt jump monday in the cold and instead of drying, it just froze.

Have a good'n monos

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. It was 4 degrees on the way in. People on my block thought I was crazy as they watched me load my dh bike into the car, then proceeded to shovel out my driveway (damn plows!). Hitting the shop tonight for a little tire swappage!

Work still = meh.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Cold here as well. 0 degrees. Good spin class last night. Lost of long seated climbs to build muscular stength. Got home around 8:30, ate a PB&J and watched the Fiesta Bowl. Tonight I've got to get the Wet Screams mounted on the Transition for Sat.'s race. I'll need all the help I can get! :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
last night's spin class confirmed that my conditioning level is horrible. ugh.

time to start eating right, drinking less, and exercising more.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Oh man......I was supposed to get our armoire project finished before Christmas, but I took an extended trip on the fail-boat, and it's still sitting in my shop. My excuse is that I'm still saving money to buy an edge jointer and that it's really, really integral in finishing this project. It's my hope she'll have mercy on my soul and just go ahead and buy it for me.......:brows:
oh well... this set of shelves was started back about 3 years ago... just got sick of bashing them up, down in the basement... Bek was super surprised by them! If I would have known how close to completion they were I would have finished them looooooong ago!

edge jointer?
what model are you looking at?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
oh well... this set of shelves was started back about 3 years ago... just got sick of bashing them up, down in the basement... Bek was super surprised by them! If I would have known how close to completion they were I would have finished them looooooong ago!

edge jointer?
what model are you looking at?
I found a few used ones around locally.....one is a classic Delta that's about the size of a school bus, but is mechanically perfect. But, in reality, I could make do with a simple 6in. jointer.....hell, I've thought about mounting a handheld power planer upside down in the router table and rolling with that---you know, really just something to get a nice edge for glueing up panels and such......

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
hey everyone.
I sat on my bike in the living room yesterday, and that is as close to a ride as I've had since LAST YEAR!
Woke up with a full blown cold too, and I need to be a 3rd story rooftop this morning. BTW, it's 2F degrees outside right now. Winter is teh suck.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Morning, cold here aound 3, but the wind is blowing pretty good. My furnace is messed up. I think the nozzle is hosed and now the side of my house is black. Hopefully we will get it fixed sometime this morning.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I found a few used ones around locally.....one is a classic Delta that's about the size of a school bus, but is mechanically perfect. But, in reality, I could make do with a simple 6in. jointer.....hell, I've thought about mounting a handheld power planer upside down in the router table and rolling with that---you know, really just something to get a nice edge for glueing up panels and such......
I have a nice 6" jet, and at my parents an 8" long bed powermatic that my dad just got from our friends who closed down their woodworking supply store! a Jointer is one of the more important pieces of equipment!

I have a few friends who have picked up Grizzly equipment and have been really happy with it specially for the money you can save on it!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mornin mofo's!

I've been spending every waking hour getting ready for my wedding, its on Sunday, so I haven't been doing much else. Got a call from the vet this morning, she's going to keep my bird whilst I'm on my honeymoon, he may have chlamydia. That sucks.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Mornin mofo's!

I've been spending every waking hour getting ready for my wedding, its on Sunday, so I haven't been doing much else. Got a call from the vet this morning, she's going to keep my bird whilst I'm on my honeymoon, he may have chlamydia. That sucks.
Woah! Congratulations and good luck with your bird. My cat's sick and needs to have a whole lot of tests done $$$.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good luck on the wedding Mike!

I went skate skiing after work. Hit the trail at 5:20 and skied a good hour. It gets spooky sometimes at night.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mornin mofo's!

I certainly hope wedding preparations are not going to interfere with Saturday Redskins viewing.

Good luck!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - really cold here. Should make for a wicked cold night at the rink tonight too.

I kept wondering what H8Rs gonna do for a commuter bike last night. Weird but true.