Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Huge session at Nice Guy Mikes last night.....there must have been at least 12-15 people there at one point. Things were kind of tacky, and not exactly as fast as it normally is, but folks were going off nontheless. I was riding kind of flat for most of the evening.....I think I was just trying to muscle things around too much as my elbows are really sore this morning. I was worn out after I got home and Justine also had a pretty long day, so we both shut it down kind of early. Didn't help......I could still use a nap.

Y'all have a good one!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! Looks like I'll be working all weekend. BLAH. Not that I'm all that surprised though...it's that time of year. MBC will still be going to VT to ski without me (I'd rather she go than miss out on account of my working). Well, at least I'll be able to watch football.

Legs workout on tap at the gym after work tonight. I am NOT looking forward to it. The leg workout friggin kill me.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning y'all! Last day of work this week for me as well, packing things up and going back to PA fulltime for a while. DH on Saturday, trailbuilding on Sunday plus some football.

KB, enjoy the lake tonight, sorry I didn't get out more often with you guys but y'all would have just kicked my ass with all that SS glory!!
I'll be back and forth this summer, so I'll bring the bike..

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning... my dog woke me up at 2 am to tell me she had to go out! I guess that is better than the alternative!

little tired and sore from PT last night!

got some paper work to do today... have a good one monkeys!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. My "skid plate" (aka, a large overpriced piece of plastic) dropped on the way in this morning...nothing like the smell of burning plastic at 7:45 am....Wish I had duct tape to hold it up, gotta buy some!

(Hopefully) a street ride tonight, gotta call the mechanic buddy to see if he can help me resurrect the aforementioned hunk of plastic. Later.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Spin class last night. Sore legs today. Not much else going on. Gonna put in in cruise control for the rest of the week and see what happens. The wife and I are heading to a concert in Troy, NY Sat. night. A band we used to travel all over the NE to see in college is playing a one-off reunion show for thier bassist's 40th birthday. Can't wait!!! :thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all. Spin class last night. Sore legs today. Not much else going on. Gonna put in in cruise control for the rest of the week and see what happens. The wife and I are heading to a concert in Troy, NY Sat. night. A band we used to travel all over the NE to see in college is playing a one-off reunion show for thier bassist's 40th birthday. Can't wait!!! :thumb:
what band?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They used to play at "Beer Blasts" I went to in college. Nothing like freezing your ass off while attempting to drink as much as possible with some good live music.

Here are some notes from the last time I saw them. Good times they were.

* This was an outdoor show across the street from a church. The band toook a break so as not to disturb the wedding. After the wedding some members of the wedding party (including the bride & groom!) came across the street and joined the party, the groom doing keg stands in his tux!!
** Blew a breaker!
*** Started the song over and blew a breaker AGAIN

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Morning, basketball last night was a good 2 hours of running. Tonight is my son's first lacrosse practice so that should be interesting. ALso need to get some stuff ready for VT this weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
They used to play at "Beer Blasts" I went to in college. Nothing like freezing your ass off while attempting to drink as much as possible with some good live music.

Here are some notes from the last time I saw them. Good times they were.
Good times indeed. My friend Bob was their tour mgr. for a couple years after we all graduated from college, so I know the band, etc.. They having some special guests as well, such as Lo Faber from God Street Wine, so I'm extra stoked!! :monkeydance:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Sorry you have to work Babs...do you at least get paid OT?

I skied last night and am really tired this morning. Although, I'll probably go at lunch today too! WOOT WOOT.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Heads are rolling.......company axes have fallen on all of our temporary employees today and two long-term part-timers have been told to stay home for awhile....Looks like my department has been cut to the bone and we'll have to get the same amount of work done with 6 less employees!!! :shocked:

The housing slump has really hit us hard, and we're going to be pulling of the miracle of the century to stay afloat in 2008. I even found myself browsing the classifieds yesterday in anticipation of the axe turning on me. I hope that doesn't happen, but nothing in this world is for sure except death and taxes, so I'll get in my Chuck Norris attack position and be ready for anything.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Heads are rolling.......company axes have fallen on all of our temporary employees today and two long-term part-timers have been told to stay home for awhile....Looks like my department has been cut to the bone and we'll have to get the same amount of work done with 6 less employees!!! :shocked:

The housing slump has really hit us hard, and we're going to be pulling of the miracle of the century to stay afloat in 2008. I even found myself browsing the classifieds yesterday in anticipation of the axe turning on me. I hope that doesn't happen, but nothing in this world is for sure except death and taxes, so I'll get in my Chuck Norris attack position and be ready for anything.
Damn man, that sucks.
I hope it works out.
Do you guys ship all over, or just in your general area?
Our area has not been hit as hard as others around the country in the housing slump so far.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Pretty lazy night for us last night. We lost power somewhere around 1pm yesterday (according to the neighbor) and it didn't come back on until almost 7pm so we were eating and playing by candlelight (as we were too lazy to drag the generator out and it really wasn't cold). Syd loved it!!!

Greyhound - that sucks!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

as was said,
that sucks!

fingers crossed!