Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Woke up here in central NC to a light dusting of snow.....mostly turning to mushy rain right now, but it was a neat thing to see even though it will be gone in an hour.

Last night was an awesome dirt jump session at Nice Guy Mikes house. The temp was a crisp 34 degrees, but that didn't stop the dirty dozen riders that showed up to shred. We had lots of laughs, and enjoyed watching Joe Haley nose manual the tabletop at mach-turkey!! I was riding great after about an hour of runs, and the DJ's were running at a perfect speed. I brought three tall boy cold tops, and when I opened the 1st one, I thought they sold me warm beer when I felt the can......turns out, the beer inside was the same temperature as the air outside, so the can felt actually warm to the touch......wierd, man......wierd.

It's going to be an iffy day here at work.......we've got a ton of stuff to deliver, but the weather isn't cooperating too well, so I gotta take off now and call some contractors to see what's up with thier jobsites. Y'all have a good one......I'll catch up with you later.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, 'Hound and Monkeys. Busy as hell this week at work. Looks like my three day weekend (hooray MLK Day!) will consist of working Saturday and Monday. :plthumbsdown:

I was going to go to the gym last night, but decided instead to not go to the gym.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
LONGEST WEEEEEK EVAH!

god... it's only Thursday! :dead:

PT last night... I think I only have one week left... the P therapist is stoked about my strength and I can tell I am stronger than before the accident so I am pretty stoked as well!

I built a nice maple and walnut deck for a bongo board (aka indo board) and turned an oak roller for it, to practice ballance, and I spent about 45 minutes F'n around on it last night!:monkeydance:

sore today!

have a great day monkeees!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning!

I skipped the gym yesterday too, even though I had only intended on spinning. Zero motivation to pedal for 90 minutes and not go anywhere.

Crappy weather continues. I can't wait for Spring to arrive.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Brrrrrrrr!!!!

......Just spent the last 45 minutes in the freezing rain getting a gigantic roof job loaded onto a truck that's headed for Wilmington. The forks were coated with ice in 5 minutes and it was like trying to load a 3 ton icecube onto a skating rink!!! :help: I'm currently rain-soaked and trying to dry out in front of my little portable heater here in the office. :plthumbsdown:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
It must be winter - Mo got shut out of her spinning class last night, as did many top knotch roadie friends who showed up just a little too late (people started lining up @ 5 for a 5:30 class, like it was a Hannah Montana concert or something...). Today = Work, then bike shop work, where I pick up a road bikey for some spintervals in the dank basement. Then AFTER that, band practice..long but good day ahead!

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Not much going on , other than work , did a couple of hours of snow shoeing last night, now have a small blister on my heal. not much planned for today.

I built a nice maple and walnut deck for a bongo board (aka indo board) and turned an oak roller for it, to practice ballance, and I spent about 45 minutes F'n around on it last night!:monkeydance:
I made my Bongo board out of maple. so much fun and great for balance.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
That's funny, I was thinking about looking into one of these just this morning. I stumbled out of bed and thought, I better work on my balance! Read an article in the NY times about this subject - that as we get older, we can lose our sense of balance, so it needs to be worked on. hmmm...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
the gym was crazy packed last night (stupid ny resolutions)...I did enjoy a lot of the "scenery" but for tonight the bike & my gear is in the truck

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Jmac, I will take some pics of it! :thumb: it really isn't that hard to build. Some people are using PVC pipe for their rollers... I spun a nice oak roller but either will probably work!

Hey Splat, did you put the spar down the middle? I left the bottom flat with 2 stop blocks at the ends, and it is cool cause the thing slides around in every direction not just end to end as I ballance on it! I am starting to be able to walk down the board now which is cool! No falls yet so that is good!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Spin class last night kicked my ass. It was the last one of "session 1" and it was all about sprinting. :dead: Next week we begin "session 2", which will focus on power and climbing. :dead: :dead: .

Today is my son's 2nd B-Day, so we're having a little dinner/cake thing w/ family at the house tonight and then an actual party for him on Sat.. Man they grow up fast!! :eek: Oh, and gonna swing by the LBS after work and pick up some tires for the DH bike and a new tricycle for the boy's birthday. :thumb:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning, everyone. Uneventful night, trying to plan out a ride this weekend but weather is playing havok. Man, I want more daylight!

Reactor, good luck with the surgery..

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
didn't finish my Christopher Guest review last night, but got it mostly done. spin class was good, though i decided to extend the long hard hill climb section on my own, and go until the song i was listening to on my iPod (the music selection played over the PA is horrible) was over. unfortunately for me, it was the ~7 min "The Mercy Seat" from Nick Cave...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Spin class last night kicked my ass. It was the last one of "session 1" and it was all about sprinting. :dead: Next week we begin "session 2", which will focus on power and climbing. :dead: :dead: .

Today is my son's 2nd B-Day, so we're having a little dinner/cake thing w/ family at the house tonight and then an actual party for him on Sat.. Man they grow up fast!! :eek: Oh, and gonna swing by the LBS after work and pick up some tires for the DH bike and a new tricycle for the boy's birthday. :thumb:
YEAH!!! Happy Birthday Jamis! Which trike did you get him?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Boring evening at home last night, and I fell asleep early on the couch so I missed the majority of Mythbusters :(

Brunge - you're right this has been a LONG week!!! Weather man is predicting a little snow and some ice for the AM commute so maybe I will have a delay tomorrow. I think the teachers hope for delays & snow days more than the kids these days.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all. Boring evening at home last night, and I fell asleep early on the couch so I missed the majority of Mythbusters :(

Brunge - you're right this has been a LONG week!!! Weather man is predicting a little snow and some ice for the AM commute so maybe I will have a delay tomorrow. I think the teachers hope for delays & snow days more than the kids these days.
just delays! I hate having to make up days! :thumb::busted:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking of new bikes, I was watching a program last night about our galaxy and the chick said that to compare the size of our solar system to the Milky Way, if our solar system was the size of a compact disk, the Milky Way is the size of Earth. Pretty cool. I love nerdy HDTV on demand. The one I watched two nights ago said the Universe will be destroyed in 50 billion years, according to the Big Rip theory, where all matter will be ripped apart down to every atom due to black energy.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Brown stopped by my house on Monday and dropped off 160mm of sweet Italian smoothness (Marzocchi 55 TST2 fork) for my freeride bike. I began the installation last night. I removed the Z1 Freeride with a blown compression cartridge and installed the lower race on the new fork and fit the fork to the frame. I have ordered spacers and a new brake adapter, they should be in in a few days.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Good morning, everyone. Uneventful night, trying to plan out a ride this weekend but weather is playing havok. Man, I want more daylight!
Morning all! Skiing yesterday was typical PA skiing, and got me depressed. Oh how I long to move back to New England!

X3, the weather is not playing hacok, my stupid ass home shopping is. But what a better way to start the weekend than with a 7:00am ride! Dress warm!!!

I might join Dan Killing sunday morning at 9:00am for some Jordan Laps. You game???:pirate2:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
LONGEST WEEEEEK EVAH!

god... it's only Thursday! :dead:

PT last night... I think I only have one week left... the P therapist is stoked about my strength and I can tell I am stronger than before the accident so I am pretty stoked as well!

sore today!

have a great day monkeees!
Brunge - I think we could use some Ridemonkey Bongo Boards! Seriously - that'd be cool as hell. Maybe with the RM logo etched into the wood somehow. :thumb: :cool:

Oh and Good Morning Monkeys!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
We have a good old fashioned white out going on outside. Real snow too, I hope it stays that way.
YAY SNOW!

I went skate skiing last night afterwork and then swapped out the skis for snowshoes and joined a group of friends snowshoeing. It was clear and starry out. Nice night.:clapping: