Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

It was an awesome night at Nice Guy Mikes dirt jumps. There was about 8 of us and Haley was going off. 360's, suicide no-handers, one-footed tables......seriously cool to watch. I rode from about 5:30 to 8:30 and spent the rest of the time marveling at some of the tricks being thrown down. Sure wish I could do that.......:twitch:

Looks like another slow day here at work. I swear this week seems like it's taking longer to get through than Jessica Simpson reading a pop-up book. Our boy, Colin is working through some kind of tummyache issues. He's not down with formula at all and yaks up anything after drinking it, so we're trying to keep him hydrated and all of that. Poor kid......he looks like he feels miserable. I think Justine is going to take him by the doc and see what's up later today.....

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

After working 10 hour days for a week, I have a comp day today. I would rather have had it tomorrow, but I'll take it when I can. Probably going to putter around the condo and do a little food shopping.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning! (that is a statement meaning it is morning, and that is all it is! )

my mom came through surgery pretty well... she is in a bunch of pain but in pretty good spirits considering!

Hey G-hound

I am going to build up a dj/street bike to try to build those skills up (I SUCK AT DJumpin! )

wondering your thoughts... I have a pile of parts including some pretty tough wheels. The only problem is they are QR. I could pick up a lower end DJ fork or pick up a manitou GL that is new but QR. model for a great price... do I want to just pick up a 20mm through axle and use a mismatched wheelset seeing as this is going to be a thrown together rig? I don't want to spend a lot on this rig...! but if I don't like it I want to be able to sell the stuff without taking a huge hit!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Hrm...been in a training class all week and going in to the office for the first time today, not looking forward to the ****storm that I know is waiting for me. Eh...almost Friday at least.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hey G-hound

I am going to build up a dj/street bike to try to build those skills up (I SUCK AT DJumpin! )

wondering your thoughts... I have a pile of parts including some pretty tough wheels. The only problem is they are QR. I could pick up a lower end DJ fork or pick up a manitou GL that is new but QR. model for a great price... do I want to just pick up a 20mm through axle and use a mismatched wheelset seeing as this is going to be a thrown together rig? I don't want to spend a lot on this rig...! but if I don't like it I want to be able to sell the stuff without taking a huge hit!
Glad to hear your mom got through everything OK.

I think a QR is fine for DJ's. I use one in the rear, but a 20mm for the front, but that's really only because I use my one bike for everything). Go for it......I freakin' live for Wednesday nights and any time during the weekend I get to catch some air time. Trust me, I suck at dirt jumping compared to some of the talent around here, but I have a great time at it. I think that's mostly attributed to the many tall boys I end up consuming while I'm there, but besides golf and fishing, there aren't many sports that encourage beer drinking while you participate. :cheers:

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Mornin Monkeys! I got to sleep in this morning until 7:15. Hayden decided to be nice and just play in his room when he woke up.

I get to learn how to intubate people today so I'm looking forward to that. Should be good times...

IAB, have fun in tahoe! Have a good'n monos.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
suppose to go night skiing w/a group of peeps, everyone but me and a chick I never meet before wimped out. She hard a hard time on the a green slope the 1st run, and I was wondering how guilty I'd feel if I just skied away - but i didnt and she started doing much better after she started to follow my exact line.

why did everyone wimp out: "cold & possible icy" - Hello? its night skiing In January In Mass. (ofcourse it will be cold and icy)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
morning! (that is a statement meaning it is morning, and that is all it is! )

my mom came through surgery pretty well... she is in a bunch of pain but in pretty good spirits considering!

Hey G-hound

Brunge, the other cheap option you can do with those wheels is to convert them to 10mm bolt ons, most likely - just need to swap out the axles/cones/bearings. What hubs do you have?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mornin Monkeys! I got to sleep in this morning until 7:15. Hayden decided to be nice and just play in his room when he woke up.

I get to learn how to intubate people today so I'm looking forward to that. Should be good times...

IAB, have fun in tahoe! Have a good'n monos.
How old is your son?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Not much to report. Spin class last night was good. Muscular strength workout with an hour of seated/standing climbing. :dead: My sister inlaw called at 5:45 this morning to tell us that her kid was sick all night and that she wasn't going to open her daycare today. Hence the wife and I scrambled all morning trying to find someone to watch Jamis. :disgust:

Only one this planned for tonight.... LOST!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hey, good morning, back in Philly and busier than ambulance drivers in Brittney Spears' neighborhood...have a good un

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Having my Last real Meal for the next 2 days . for the rest of today I can only eat Translucent food ( Jello, broth, Drinks , etc ) then later tonight I get to over dose on laxatives .

oh joy , thank good ness I can see a TV from the bath room and have a wire less laptop.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Had a nice spin last night while Syd played with her toys and Earl got dinner ready. Then we split a bottle of wine, gave Syd her bubble bath and relaxed. We were planning on travelling this weekend, but Friday's bad weather has us thinking we'd rather stay home.

Now, I am off to find more coffee.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Did you watch the pop-up-video style Season 3 finale last night? It was a nice recap, but if you follow the show pretty closely it was a little redundant.

Looking forward to tonight as well.......I'm a spoiler-reader, so I have a pretty good idea where things are going, but with this show, it's always impossible to tell what is fake-spoiler material and what isn't.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Did you watch the pop-up-video style Season 3 finale last night? It was a nice recap, but if you follow the show pretty closely it was a little redundant.

Looking forward to tonight as well.......I'm a spoiler-reader, so I have a pretty good idea where things are going, but with this show, it's always impossible to tell what is fake-spoiler material and what isn't.
I watched it and had missed a lot of last season so I thought it was pretty good. Now I just have to remember to watch this season! :busted:

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning all. Had a dentist appt this morning, and all is well! Figuered I would also take the day off from work, so now I am sitting at the bike shop having a coffee.

Have a good day all!

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Morning all. Had a dentist appt this morning, and all is well! Figuered I would also take the day off from work, so now I am sitting at the bike shop having a coffee.

Have a good day all!
Good to hear that your toof is okay...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR

I watched last night on and off. Like you said, it was kind of redundant, but I did learn a few things. I too, am normally a spoiler reader, but have been fighting my urges thus far to sneak a peek into tonight's premier.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
WERD!

G-hound & J-mac...
I don't know if I asked the right question... Do you think a QR fork is OK for DJ? I have a set of HD sun rhyno-lite rims mounted on XT hubs that I can use for a cheap DJ build. I can get either a QR fork or a 20mm fork... with the QR, I can use the wheels I already have... with the 20mm, I will have to pick up a 20mm wheel (more money) but updated technology! if I don't like the rig... I can sell a 20mm fork easier than a QR fork right? If I like and go to upgrade later... I would need to get a new wheels AND a 20mm fork to match wheels right?

aargh! :pirate2:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
WERD!

G-hound & J-mac...
I don't know if I asked the right question... Do you think a QR fork is OK for DJ? I have a set of HD sun rhyno-lite rims mounted on XT hubs that I can use for a cheap DJ build. I can get either a QR fork or a 20mm fork... with the QR, I can use the wheels I already have... with the 20mm, I will have to pick up a 20mm wheel (more money) but updated technology! if I don't like the rig... I can sell a 20mm fork easier than a QR fork right? If I like and go to upgrade later... I would need to get a new wheels AND a 20mm fork to match wheels right?

aargh! :pirate2:
Dave, I used a QR Psylo and rhyno-lites. Not that I go huge.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yeah.....pretty much what those guys said. QR is fine for dirt jumping. In principal, you're just going up and down on slanted surfaces, so impact should be minimal........but if you haven't ever seen me ride, I tend to defy that with sideways landings, ghost bike rockets, and tumbling down hills like a bear on fire............:disgust1:

Build 'er on up....nobody cares what you ride at the DJ's.....you're automatically in the club for just showing up to ride. :clapping:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
What everyone else said on QR! My only thought was that if you keep a QR fork, you could beef the pre-existing QR wheel up by installing a 10mm bolt on axle up front. They work with XT hubs.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. My work bathroom smells like bacon! (somehow they f'ed up the vents, and the cafe's exhaust comes right into the men's [and women's, so I've been told] bathrooms).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
finally finished my group's performance reviews last night...and also had a good spin class. it was movie night, so it was longer than usual, which was good. "Mr Woodcock" was the movie, and it had its moments.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning. My work bathroom smells like bacon! (somehow they f'ed up the vents, and the cafe's exhaust comes right into the men's [and women's, so I've been told] bathrooms).
Add a plasma tv with ESPN and Nirvana!!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good morning everyone! There was a crapload of snow last night again and it's still snowing really hard. A bet a lot of Californians move back there after this winter.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Monkies! :D

Thought I would drop in and say hello while I had a chance. Last night I putzed around at the BMX track. Today I'll be busy at work.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to stop in again soon. :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Just sitting around watching the grass grow?
OUCH!!!! :shakefist:

For the little one: you might try some gas drops. They really helped some of our little ones.
Justine just got back from the Dr. with our little tummy troubled one.....he's got an ear infection in the left ear, and of course, an upset tummy. Lots of PediaLite and crackers in his future. We'll have to give the gas drops a shot.....couldn't hurt. She's staying home with him today, so he's going to be a giant wuss when I get home--he's so tough when he's with me.....falls down, BAM!! "I'm OK" Soon as she gets home, it's croc-o-dile tears and wails of desperation.....:disgust1: :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
OUCH!!!! :shakefist:

Justine just got back from the Dr. with our little tummy troubled one.....he's got an ear infection in the left ear, and of course, an upset tummy. Lots of PediaLite and crackers in his future. We'll have to give the gas drops a shot.....couldn't hurt. She's staying home with him today, so he's going to be a giant wuss when I get home--he's so tough when he's with me.....falls down, BAM!! "I'm OK" Soon as she gets home, it's croc-o-dile tears and wails of desperation.....:disgust1: :D
I'll second the gas drops. We used them even though I was breast feeding and they worked great for Syd.