Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

We've broken a bit from the mid-70's temps we were having earlier this week, but mid 60's ain't bad, either.

Not much going on yesterday....we had a birthday party for my grandfather, who turned 85, yesterday afternoon. After that, we went back to the house to watch the Tar Heels get crushed by Duke. **Sniffle** They've owned us 17 out of the last 23. That's some domination, right there......maybe next time.......:twitch:

Tonight: Lost.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
yep tonight is LOST...

last night, stopped at the bikey shop, to check in on the parts! :thumb:

I am waiting with baited breath for the frame... and just got confirmation that the paypal went through for the fork that I am buying from a fellow monkey! so things are looking good! I just hope stuff comes in time for me to build it up for our Ray's trip next weekend!:monkeydance:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning. Scouts last night, planning the big C&O canal bike trip this summer. Bad storms last night but thankfully nothing like our friends down south suffered. We're looking at a 50 degree temp swing in just a few days. 70s yesterday to 20s Sunday.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Yesterday sucked. I was monitoring a pile driving job at a hospital that was supposed to start at 7am. The day before, myself and another guy set up 6 monitoring units to measure the vibrations. We set up and tested the units in preparation for driving yesterday. We arrive at the site a little early and download the data from the previous night to make sure the units were working correctly and to get ambient vibration levels.

7 am, they discover the crane has been slowly sinking at the site. They have to put the crane on a deck to keep it from sinking more. They tell us that driving will start at 10:30. 10:15 we are informed they should begin at 11:30. Jokes fly about "getting into the on-time pool". 1pm, they are making progress. 2:47, they start driving the first portion of the pile. 3:08, the first portion of the pile is driven. They now have to raise another pile and weld it to the first. They say it will take 45 minutes. At 4:30, they say they are 10 minutes from driving. I go to one of the units in one of the offices, and get there just as the woman is locking the office for the night, lucky me. At 5:10, they pull the ram off the pile and lower it to the ground. At 5 35, they cancel driving for the rest of the day due to "insurmountable problems with the main ram".

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Spin class last night was tough. Simulated time-trials. :dead: Thank god for LOST being on tonight, gives me something to look forward to. Little ice storm last night caused a bit of a delay in getting going this morning, but the roads were fine. Still no package from Sunline. Hoping it'll be on the porch when I get home tonight...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Man last night was WACK. Normal dart league night, the team we were playing against has a chick on the team. She's a decent shooter. We were straight up crushing them. She gets all pissed off and totally goes off on this dude on my team. In his face, screaming at him, and he literally didn't do anything. Her boyfriend was like "dudes sorry, she's freaking out". Then like 10 minutes later she was all smiles and apologizing. My buddy wasn't too impressed with her apologies since she had just called his pregnant girlfriend a dirty whore. You gotta think she knew he would never hit a girl. WACK I tell ya. Darts is officially a white trash sport now :D

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. doing intervals on Tues and weight lifting on Wed seemed to bring back my illness...nice...Guess I should have waited longer to get back into it, eh?

Still waiting for the Sinister Gruitr frame to come. There was some confusion on the shock order for the frame, but it's all worked out now. Thought I was getting an RP23, but instead just a Float R, which is fine (couldn't afford the DHX 5.0 Air). Later.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mt Rose kicked ass yesterday. I'm not sure I can ski Mt Snow ever again after experiencing all this Tahoe snow this week. My legs have never felt this wonderful pain before.

Off to Heavenly today. :)

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Went to the DOc this morning for some blood work , good news and Bad new , first my cholesterol is still too, high so now I get to start on zocor , but on the good side my blood sugar is back down, it had been spiking and they were concerned .

Good morning. Scouts last night, planning the big C&O canal bike trip this summer.
do they still let you ride through the big tunnel ? ( if its dry enough )

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning

Went to the DOc this morning for some blood work , good news and Bad new , first my cholesterol is still too, high so now I get to start on zocor , but on the good side my blood sugar is back down, it had been spiking and they were concerned .

I had some bloodwork done a few months ago. For some reason my insurance refuses to pay for it and to top it all off the Dr. forgot to order the cholesterol test which was kind of the point in the first place.

The good part of it was the nurse taking my blood was extremely hot and I have to admit I kind of enjoyed the whole process.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
The good part of it was the nurse taking my blood was extremely hot and I have to admit I kind of enjoyed the whole process.

I had a testicular ultrasound done about three years ago when screening for testicular cancer and the nurse that did it was the most smokin' thing this side of the Mississippi. Tell me I wasn't going through every baseball stat I could remember as she was rubbing those paddles over my plums for a heavenly half-hour.........

.......wait, did I say that out loud?:think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had a testicular ultrasound done about three years ago when screening for testicular cancer and the nurse that did it was the most smokin' thing this side of the Mississippi. Tell me I wasn't going through every baseball stat I could remember as she was rubbing those paddles over my plums for a heavenly half-hour.........

.......wait, did I say that out loud?:think:
I'm making an appointment with my Dr. right now.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning

As far as we've been told, yes. Looking very forward to this ride. Best part is it's me and my son (and alot of our friends) riding and camping for a week. We're even doing a whitewater rafting trip during the week.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. 2 hour delay for us due to the icy roads. Roads by my house were slick, but clean at work. Yesterday was Syd's 2nd birthday so we had a fun morning together, hit her Dr. for her check-up and then took her out for a Happy Meal and to the indoor waterpark. We were all exhausted when we got home and were in bed at 9pm.

Lost tonight for me as well and a little work when I get home before I spin.