Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

The recent rains we've had made dirt jump night at Nice Guy Mikes a no-go last night. To my luck, Justine got home early--and since Colin was at her parents house for a few hours, I took the opportunity to work on my hip-sprints. We were lazy and decided to order out instead of cooking, so I trekked out to the local Italian place for a couple of stromboli's. Colin is still under the weather and went to bed early again, and I followed suit.

Tonight: LOST. **cue spooky music**

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Today I have a half day. The boss is giving comp time, but I haven't worked that much over to earn it. I fear what is coming.

Next week and/or the week after I may have to go to the People's Republic of Cambridge to do some work. Our sister company closed the Mass office, and we took over. I'm going to have to make annual treks to Cranston RI and Acushnet MA to change out satellite units. Sounds like paid bike trips to me.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Morning monkeys!

Today I have a half day. The boss is giving comp time, but I haven't worked that much over to earn it. I fear what is coming.

Next week and/or the week after I may have to go to the People's Republic of Cambridge to do some work. Our sister company closed the Mass office, and we took over. I'm going to have to make annual treks to Cranston RI and Acushnet MA to change out satellite units. Sounds like paid bike trips to me.
Freda Felcher is from Cranston.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
'Morning! I reluctantly skipped my workout last night to rest my back. Meh.
Wait, what happened to your back?

I came home yesterday at lunch and walked the dog, I think I am going to come home today and run with her. It was a nice break and we have sunshine.

I'm kind of in shock that it is thursday.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning... just had a meeting with our dept. chair... we were asked to cut 5% out of our budget again this year... :disgust:

let me illustrate this...

amount we spent last year -5% is not equal to the cost of the same supplies this year.:disgust1:

this new board is fvcking killing us!

anyway... Got my Subie back after having some work done... and now I am waiting for Catalitic converters to complete this round of repairs:disgust1:

I want to head to Ray's this weekend but I don't know if it is in the budget! I wish we could ride the DJ's here in the burgh!:disgust:

at least I have Lost tonight!

have a good one Munkees!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It is cold here today. I can't wait for the weekend. Not much going on but I did take monday off. I just need an extra day out of work to stop me from going insane.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Mornin'. Friggin' chilly and an inch of snow this AM! Beautiful sunrise commuting in, might just be a good day! Scouts last night and any former Boy Scouts here will know the significance of Jr. X3 co-pilot being "tapped out" for Order of the Arrow last night. Really proud of him.

Have a good un'!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
work interfered w/ my ability to hit spin class last night. so i went home and worked on some vacation photos.

also found out that free jazz giant William Parker is playing a show in boston tonight. should be cool.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all. My new frame, the Sinister Gruitr, came last night! (apologies for pic quality, it's from my phone this morning):

As I was opening the box in front of Ewan, I suddenly felt the urge to repeat a few lines from "A Christmas Story" (as the father is opening up the leg lamp box), "It says FRAGEELAY, it must be Italian! It's some kind of major award!". Of course, Ewan looked at me like a way a bit wacky...The build starts tonight - popping in a CK headset with my Marz Z1 SL fork, Truvativ Hozfeller stem, post and BB. The BB cup has a removeable ISCG mount which is splined and fits into the frame. It's then tightened down by the BB. Interesting concept.

Otherwise, today = work/studying up for my "event" next week!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. We got about 20" of snow from this crappy storm. I finished shovelling the walk at about 3:45pm and by 6:45pm there was 2 more inches :rant: I did manage a nice hard spin for an hour yesterday. I am beginning to re-think my strategy of sprinting for commercial breaks...they're LONG! We were lazy and had pizza for dinner last night so I didn't have too much work in the kitchen either.

I also used some of my day to work the finances and try to figure out which races I will do and if I can get a new FS bike (sell & replace my current). Now the soul searching begins.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning all. Dropped my car off at the shop yesterday. Instead of sitting there waiting, I brough along to the bike and was going to ride the couple miles to the bike/coffe shop. I get about a quarter mile away from the auto shop and I get a flat, and of course i did not bring any spare, because I was only going a couple miles. It was a nice day for a walk yesterday anyway.

Working from home today, so looks like I will get in another ride, or I may do a little lunchtime hike.

Have a good one all.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all. We got about 20" of snow from this crappy storm. I finished shovelling the walk at about 3:45pm and by 6:45pm there was 2 more inches :rant: I did manage a nice hard spin for an hour yesterday. I am beginning to re-think my strategy of sprinting for commercial breaks...they're LONG! We were lazy and had pizza for dinner last night so I didn't have too much work in the kitchen either.

I also used some of my day to work the finances and try to figure out which races I will do and if I can get a new FS bike (sell & replace my current). Now the soul searching begins.
20"!!!!! We're just an hour south of you all and we got 3" - I think it measured more officially, but it turned wet, melted (and now is frozen!). What are you leaning towards for FS?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
20"!!!!! We're just an hour south of you all and we got 3" - I think it measured more officially, but it turned wet, melted (and now is frozen!). What are you leaning towards for FS?
Yeah, it's crazy. There isn't too much here in Schenectady either.
I measured this AM and came up just shy of 20". We had 9" on Tuesday at about 6:30pm when the plow finally came through so I could get my car home (it was at the bottom of the hill I couldn't get through -- man do I miss my AWD). Then another few inches before yesterday's 6" daytime and more evening. It just kept coming and coming!

I am on the fence right now. I would have loved to get a Groover (Viscious Cycles) as they offered me sponsorship, but I am also really interested in the Orbea Occam (I'd love a Rallon too but we can't get them in the US right now and my LUNA connections will score me a nice discount on the Occam) and of course the Yeti 575 is still on the list. I am leaning toward the Orbea, but I am really concerned about sizing as it's looking like it might be too big for me :(

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Mornin'. Friggin' chilly and an inch of snow this AM! Beautiful sunrise commuting in, might just be a good day! Scouts last night and any former Boy Scouts here will know the significance of Jr. X3 co-pilot being "tapped out" for Order of the Arrow last night. Really proud of him.

Have a good un'!
Congrats to your kid. I was tapped out myself long before WWW stood for world wide web. Back then they actual thumped you pretty good. I remember being so scared. Definitely one of my fonder boyhood memories. Now some ninny would probably sue.

Nice and cold today. Yesterday I was complaining that it has been too wet to ride. Well it wasn't wet today, just 23°, so I rode to work. Burrrr.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I measured this AM and came up just shy of 20". We had 9" on Tuesday at about 6:30pm when the plow finally came through so I could get my car home (it was at the bottom of the hill I couldn't get through -- man do I miss my AWD). Then another few inches before yesterday's 6" daytime and more evening. It just kept coming and coming
word! We got 20+ at our house too when it was all said and done!! More expected for tomorrow too!! I had a great time playing outside yesterday with the kids in it!! You should have seen the look on their faces when daddy did a "superfly snuka" off the top of the swingset into the snow!! :D It was rad!!!!! :monkeydance:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yeah, it's crazy. There isn't too much here in Schenectady either.
I measured this AM and came up just shy of 20". We had 9" on Tuesday at about 6:30pm when the plow finally came through so I could get my car home (it was at the bottom of the hill I couldn't get through -- man do I miss my AWD). Then another few inches before yesterday's 6" daytime and more evening. It just kept coming and coming!

I am on the fence right now. I would have loved to get a Groover (Viscious Cycles) as they offered me sponsorship, but I am also really interested in the Orbea Occam (I'd love a Rallon too but we can't get them in the US right now and my LUNA connections will score me a nice discount on the Occam) and of course the Yeti 575 is still on the list. I am leaning toward the Orbea, but I am really concerned about sizing as it's looking like it might be too big for me :(
...and don't forget proximity as an important factor - New Paltz/Vicous Cycles is pretty damn close by. I found that can sometimes make a difference in the service you get and also the relationships you build a company and visa versa. When Sinister was going balls to the wall last spring making frames and I needed mine for my 1st race, Frank the Welder offerred to meet me 1/2 way in Manchester, VT to make sure I got my goods in time! It's situations like that which sometimes make more of a difference than frame design, especially when it involves sponsorships. Call it a "feel good" moment, if you will!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning all. My new frame, the Sinister Gruitr, came last night! (apologies for pic quality, it's from my phone this morning):

As I was opening the box in front of Ewan, I suddenly felt the urge to repeat a few lines from "A Christmas Story" (as the father is opening up the leg lamp box), "It says FRAGEELAY, it must be Italian! It's some kind of major award!". Of course, Ewan looked at me like a way a bit wacky...The build starts tonight - popping in a CK headset with my Marz Z1 SL fork, Truvativ Hozfeller stem, post and BB. The BB cup has a removeable ISCG mount which is splined and fits into the frame. It's then tightened down by the BB. Interesting concept.

Otherwise, today = work/studying up for my "event" next week!
Congrats on the new Devinister! ;) No seriously, that looks like a cool frame right there. Going to keep it raw I take it based on the stickers already being on it. Looking forward to the finished product and your ride reports of it. Does this replace the old Rocky Mountain Pipeline in the stable?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Congrats on the new Devinister! ;) No seriously, that looks like a cool frame right there. Going to keep it raw I take it based on the stickers already being on it. Looking forward to the finished product and your ride reports of it. Does this replace the old Rocky Mountain Pipeline in the stable?
Thanks Mark! It's the 1st Sinister not welded by FTW, but designed by him. Using Devinci will reduce the cost of the frame and hopefully help their turnaround time.

Yes, it is going to replace the Pipeline - anyone want a 2002 Pipeline frame for cheap?! 200 bones, BB, seatpost/clamp and headset included! Many parts for sale to come, as I'm cleaning out the garage to cover my expenses.

I'm leaving it raw, just like my R9 - just hit it with 1000 grit sandpaper for texture, then Mother's Mag Polish and you're good to go! Pedro's Bike lust also works very well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
...and don't forget proximity as an important factor - New Paltz/Vicous Cycles is pretty damn close by. I found that can sometimes make a difference in the service you get and also the relationships you build a company and visa versa. When Sinister was going balls to the wall last spring making frames and I needed mine for my 1st race, Frank the Welder offerred to meet me 1/2 way in Manchester, VT to make sure I got my goods in time! It's situations like that which sometimes make more of a difference than frame design, especially when it involves sponsorships. Call it a "feel good" moment, if you will!
I definitely agree. The cost difference (Orbea vs. Viscious) was incredible (whole bike = frame). Regardless, I will have to sell the jekyll to get a new one.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
word! We got 20+ at our house too when it was all said and done!! More expected for tomorrow too!! I had a great time playing outside yesterday with the kids in it!! You should have seen the look on their faces when daddy did a "superfly snuka" off the top of the swingset into the snow!! :D It was rad!!!!! :monkeydance:
What?!?! No pictures :busted: