Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I actually sarted this thing about two hours ago, but never got to send it due to some trucking issues outside, so I'll amend everything and make it shorter.

No dirt jumping last night, but Nice Guy Mike and I did go check oout a new skatepark in town in hopes that they may find us charming enough to want to let bikes in a night or two a week. I think we were charming---don't know if it worked, but we were charming.

Tonight......yoou guessed it: "Lost"

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Morning.

So, I bought myself an acoustic guitar for Christmas. I took lessons for several years when I was in high school, but I haven't touched a guitar in a good 13/14 years. So I've just been re-teaching myself scales and chords and stuff for the past couple months. So, my 8yo son asked me last night if I knew any songs yet. I played him one song I've gotten pretty good at, and then I told him I was trying to learn Blackbird, by the Beatles, and so I tried to play it for him. Finally he told me to "Stop, Mom... It's all I can do not to laugh at you!!! That first song was great, but you really need to work on that second one. You are SO BAD!!!"

No wonder I won't ever play out in public. My own kid is making fun of me!!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I'll be happy when Saturday arrives becuase that will be the end of my self-imposed week off from all exercise. I'm ready to frikkin explode already.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Downloading the series finale of the wire before it airs sunday.

I don't know if I will watch it.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Good evening last night. Spin class was tough as usual. 9 min. standing climb... :dead: Quads are on fire today. Lost is on tonight. Excited about that! Not much else going on. Hoping to get to the LBS this weekend and work on the DH bikey. :)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Going crazy at work - taking mega calls whilst typing up a "thank you" letter from the interview and filling out my references that need to be faxed in today. Fourpointfive hour meeting this afternoon, whee...Tonight - go to LBS and finish stripping my RM Pipeline frame down. Later...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - picked the Monkey Butt back up from a local rider - his overall impressions were very good - came home to see a free 2000 Zoke Z3 waiting for me and then I just basically chilled out the rest of the night.

Tonight - hockey practice and then off to catch the tail end of Liam's State Tourney game.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Good morning all. Did some overtime at home last night. Even though I am salary, they are allowing us to do an extra 8 hours of paid time. Thats how far behind part of our group is. A couple more weeks of this and my new road bike will finally be mine!!

Have a good day all!!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Sitting in the office with nothing to do. I've completed all the work that is assigned, I'm just waiting for noon so I can take off and go to my 1pm inspection. I have another one at 3:30, so it is going to be a late day for me.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Good Morning!!

I actually sarted this thing about two hours ago, but never got to send it due to some trucking issues outside, so I'll amend everything and make it shorter.

No dirt jumping last night, but Nice Guy Mike and I did go check oout a new skatepark in town in hopes that they may find us charming enough to want to let bikes in a night or two a week. I think we were charming---don't know if it worked, but we were charming.

Tonight......yoou guessed it: "Lost"
plans have begun fot the DJ line at D-Head Dave's AKA BoneHead Brungeman's! :twitch: :rofl:

Long ugly day yesterday, but last night I went with Bek to see a speaker at a local church. He was good, but I like his short sermons that are on the radio on Sunday morning better! His sermons etc. are more common sense things than preaching which is maybe why I like them... I am a spiritual person but not a religious person... much rather be riding my bike than sittin in Church :poster_oops:

anyway, can't wait for Lost :thumb:

G-hound, if this doesn't make you wanna polish up some DJ's you don't have a heartbeat!

/\ /\Follow the linky... Here is a teaser\/ \/

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

still awake somehow. got out of the daze i was in at 730ish in my art class so i might be able to survive the day with a cup of coffee or 3. sleep deprivation is really weird, i keep thinking that stuff i did yesterday happened like last week. i still feel fairly detached from reality.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning all.

I got a call back about the job in Washington. The recruiter said "you are perfect for this job, the only problem is, you aren't here and my client want to fill this spot soon." I replied that I understood the urgency, but asked them if the client would rather have their second choice in a few weeks or their first choice in a few months. I also asked that if the timing for this doesn't work out that they keep me in mind for any future opportunities. They came back and said they think they can work something out.

I hope to hear something positive from the front range prospects soon as well. As much as I think I'd like living in Washington, I'd prefer Colorado.

Have a great day. :monkeydance:

edit: Holy Crap Brungeman! Those trails are a work of art. Sick sick sick.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
saw Har Mar Superstar last night. you haven't lived until you've been wished a happy birthday on stage from a fat balding dude in underwear.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
plans have begun fot the DJ line at D-Head Dave's AKA BoneHead Brungeman's! :twitch: :rofl:

G-hound, if this doesn't make you wanna polish up some DJ's you don't have a heartbeat!

/\ /\Follow the linky... Here is a teaser\/ \/

Yes.......Consider me officially pumped up over those pics. Those Oregon boys have the bestest dirt skills.

Nice Guy Mike and I checked out the lines last night that got reamed a new one in the intense storms we had on Tuesday. We've had some frost heave prior to that, and the rains just did a bang up job in removing about a good half inch of soil from everything and putting a gigantic rut right down the middle of the run up to the tabletop. We're going to have to do some massive work this weekend to get 'em back in shape again. That's how it goes, though. Could be worse.....could have a case of drunken bums destroying everything.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all.

IAB - the :monkey: seems very slow to me as well.

Lessons at home last night and I made dinner for the family. Syd & I were both exhausted after chasing each other around and playing hide & seek that we went to bed at 8:45pm. I didn't realize it was that late and she wanted to snuggle and read books so we headed upstairs and had a blast...she's so fun right now.

Tonight I plan on spinning and that's about it.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I have an interview in an hour. It's a panel interview, 7 people, over the phone - this is going to suck. I hate phone interviews and I've never done an interview with more than 2 people asking questions.