Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning.

Where do I start? ......Yesterday was.....ummmmmm......well..... maybe I should go back to about 11am yesterday to give you the full story. I was sitting at my desk, doing some paperwork, when all of a sudden I was like "Damn......not feeling good here....feels like I'm about to blow chunks. Naaaahh, couldn't be." I toughed it out for a few minutes, but my body was trying to tell me something. I really did have to blow chunks. I barely made it outside.........4 more times in the next hour convinced me that I needed to go chill out at the house and figure out what's going on here. I get to the house and I take a small nap because I had already committed to take Colin to the Dr.'s for his routine checkup later that afternoon.

I get up.....still queasy as all hell, but I make it out to daycare to get Colin. We get two blocks from the pediatricians office and Colin erupts into a geyser of pukage that would impress Steve-O. The crosswinds hit me and then I start heaving. I pull over to the side of the road, and we're both heaving massively. In the middle off all of that, I thought about the scene from "Stand by Me" where the whole town starts puking at the pie-eating contest. I was just imagining everyone pulling over that encountered us and seeing a long line of chunked-up drivers releasing breakfast.

I whip the truck around, put a towel on Colin, and we hightail it back to our house. I get Colin cleaned up, but the car seat is in bad shape. Looks like no Dr.'s appointment today, big guy. I spray myself off with the garden hose(I know, I know.....this is really a nasty story) heave once or twice more and then I made the call to the in-laws to come and get Colin, because at this point, I'm as weak as Duke's basketball game and need to crash.

I have no unearthly idea what we caught, but it's still doing a number on me today. I'm staying home and trying to replace the 3 gallons of water I must have lost.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Sorry to hear about you and Colin Greyhound - get well wishes to the both of you.

I did a half pavement, half dirt short ride last night and then Laura and I went out and grabbed a bite to eat. Pretty low key night. The ride allowed me to try out some Crank Bros Candy pedals - not bad. I might switch the cleats from the 15 degree setting to the 20 - almost too easy to clip out of em. we'll see.

Cheers,

Mark

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Jeez, hope you all are feeling better!

Group rode the old WNR route last night which consists of a 22 mile desert romp through state trust land. Still had road legs from the weekend so had fun pushing the hills. Trying to rent a cottage for the Whiskey Offroad weekend in Prescott about three weeks away. I had to submit a "reservation request" and am now sitting back waiting to see if am "deemed worthy". That's kind of a crock!

Have a good day, be well Greyhound.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Jesus Christmas, Greyhound.....hope you and the lil' one feel better!

In late today, getting a hitch installed on the Subie for my new rack - Yakima Holdup (with bottle opener built in!). Today= audit, put Mallets on the Gruitr for dirt...later on!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Oh god, feel better. I hate stomach bugs.

I am three days into marathon training and already feeling it. :( This morning's run was pretty good. It was gorgeous outside and I got to see the sunrise over Lake Michigan so I can't complain too much. It is warming up today and tomorrow with hi's in the mid 40's and sun. THis weekend we hit 50 so I am very happy to see spring.

I am trying to balance my running with cycling. I wanted to start commuting in as much as possible but I seriously don't have it in me and so far this has only been a 13 mile week (for running). My peak week is going to be 40 miles so I am a little nervous. We'll see.

I am officially late for work but I got a late start and I can't make myself get up and go. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sounds like the stomach bug, Greyhound. Sucks for sure. You could've picked that up anywhere. Hope you and Hound Jr start to feel better today. Be happy it didn't hit you on both ends. You'd feel like a cannoli that got squeezed in the middle.

'Morning, monkeys. Uneventful evening last night. I pushed pretty hard on the treadmill (for me, anyway....3.2 miles in 29 minutes). Today my legs are a little sore. Stair climber tonight. I'm holding off on the weights for a few more days due to a snowboarding-induced sore shoulder.

Our spin bike finally arrived yesterday. HOORAY! Just in time for outdoor riding season.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning.

Bummer GH! :( Feel better son!

My evening was decent. Killer spin session last night. 1.5 hours at race-pace. Our instructor had gone out and driven the Battenkill Roubaix course while videotaping it. So we did a condensed version of the race. I'm having a hard time walking up stairs today! :dead:

Other than that, not much going on. Getting pumped for my first MTB ride of the season on Sat. w/ Jim Mac. hopefully the weather will cooperate! :thumb:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
yeesh GH, makes me wanna chunder too! that sucks. nothing like unison yakking to get yer day going. Hope ya'll get better.

Anyways, morning!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hmmmm...waiting to buy tickets tomorrow for some swervedriver shows in june.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
My evening was decent. Killer spin session last night. 1.5 hours at race-pace. Our instructor had gone out and driven the Battenkill Roubaix course while videotaping it. So we did a condensed version of the race. I'm having a hard time walking up stairs today! :dead:
We are pre-riding it Sunday, want to practice sag wagoning/tossing me beers & pre-drive it?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Get better, GH and GP (Greypup). Stomach bugs are the worst.

It's escape day today! Tonight at 11:15pm, I get on a plane that hopefully will not stop until it's the required 2100 miles from Seattle!

Looking forward to being home and chillin' with the family. Hope everyone has a great day!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
spin class was at 100% capacity last night...even the class leader gave up his bike to someone who came in a bit late. i'm hoping for good weather soon, so i can ride outside.
Friggin rain in the forecast tomorrow and Saturday. :plthumbsdown: If Sunday manages to be nice, the trails will be muddy.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
We are pre-riding it Sunday, want to practice sag wagoning/tossing me beers & pre-drive it?
I *might* be out there on Sunday too. If I have anything left in my legs after Sat.'s MTB ride. A bunch of people I know are pre-riding the course @ 10am, leaving from Salem school.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I *might* be out there on Sunday too. If I have anything left in my legs after Sat.'s MTB ride. A bunch of people I know are pre-riding the course @ 10am, leaving from Salem school.
do it!

looks like a noon start time for me from the Salem School.

ps:thanks for the invite to Sat's mtb ride, oh wait I didnt get one :hmm:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all.

GH - hope you and Colin are feeling better. We all had the flu bug at our house this February (thankfully Syd didn't get the puking though) and it was rough...you probably won't feel well for about 3 days!!!

Made some delicious sundried tomato & garlic alfredo pasta with chicken last night and a salad with the best avocados I've had all season. I am counting the minutes until lunch as I have a little left!

This morning has been breezing by. Taught some lessons, parent conference and I am in dire need of more coffee so I am on a mission to get some this period (as my lesson group is taking a PE test and won't be coming until later today).

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Thursday! I went for a 2.5 hour road ride after work and it worked me! Once the sun started to go down it got chilly and it's a good thing I rode the cross bike because we ended up doing a bit of exploring on some old gravel and dirt roads. Good times

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Blame Jim Mac. :lighten:
Don't blame me! It was supposed to be a team event, AKA an "out of shape downhillers ride 12 miles of XC, so please do not embarass us and invite any lungtastic riders" kind of ride!

But you are more than welcome to join/pity us! Ontearo Lake Saturday 10 ish, as long as there are no downpours.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I am three days into marathon training and already feeling it. :( This morning's run was pretty good. It was gorgeous outside and I got to see the sunrise over Lake Michigan so I can't complain too much. It is warming up today and tomorrow with hi's in the mid 40's and sun. THis weekend we hit 50 so I am very happy to see spring.

I am trying to balance my running with cycling. I wanted to start commuting in as much as possible but I seriously don't have it in me and so far this has only been a 13 mile week (for running). My peak week is going to be 40 miles so I am a little nervous. We'll see.
Way to go!!!! I couldn't even begin to tell you how hard it would be for me to even attempt 5 miles, much less 13.....or even 40!!! :shocked:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
awesome puking story, Greyhound. :D belongs in the thread of orifice-spewing tales...

i'm here at the VA. had spasticity clinic on my schedule, 9 AM to noon. turns out this clinic has all of two patients in reality, and one of them declined treatment this week. the good news is that ridemonkey isn't blocked by the otherwise-draconian Veteran's Administration net filters...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Way to go!!!! I couldn't even begin to tell you how hard it would be for me to even attempt 5 miles, much less 13.....or even 40!!! :shocked:
I run because it is an excuse for me to eat and drink more. By the time I get to my forty mile week, whenever I am not running, I will be eating. Fried chicken and beer are great motivators. :cheers: