Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Man am I ever dragging butt today. We worked hard yesterday to get a lot of jobs out and on the road. I didn't get home until 6pm and even though it was dirt jump night at Nice Guy Mike's, I decided it would be better if I just chilled. I had this flash of me running through the line, overly tired, and just crushing my face or something really stupid when I could have made a better decision. S'Ok though, I drank beer and sat in the chair on the back patio and listened to the birds sing and read for a little while. I got to sneezing like crazy around 8pm as something(heavy pollen) was attacking my allergies. My face stuffed up and then my nose ran like a Kenyan in Boston. I was miserable until the meds kicked in and started to somewhat clear up around 2 am. Could use some sleep, folks.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

i'm at about 20 hours with no sleep right now. i have a weather, climate, and landscapes final in 2 hours that i have yet to study for. i'm currently still stuck working on my english final which is due before i leave for home today. about to take a break from the paper for a while to go to breakfast to study for my final and drink lots of coffee. after the final i'll be scrambling to get this annoying paper done so i can pack up and go home for the summer.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, monkeys! MBC and I made a trip to REI last night and bought a new tent. HOORAY for 20% discounts! The help in that store is great. The tent we wanted didn't have an assembled model on the floor, so the REI guy assembled one for us right there in the store so we could see it. Then he spent 20 minutes going over every little detail of the tent and told us how to care for it to prolong its life.

:cool:

and we ate at the Cheesecake Factory. Bang bang chicken and shrimp = :drool:

tent pr0n?

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Sparring last night at the "high impact" workout. Smacked around a quick little first degree more than half my age. He kept running away, out of the ring. He got in a couple of good shots. BTW, he volunteered to spar me.

Today I'm monitoring at the whack job's house, then marking time till I get sent home for the weekend. Did I forget to mention that I have tomorrow off? Well I do, SUCKAS! I'll be thinking of you working stiffs while I watch the window guys install my new windows. NOT!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning everyone.
Jeezus ... I can't believe how much I'm spending on gas. Prices jumped almost a quarter overnight. WTF??!?

Rain seems endless, sun nowhere to be seen, end of transmission ...

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
morning all...i am DONE with finals and ALMOST done with school...i have to take 1 evening class in the fall then i'll be done...i spent most of the night last night in the hospital with my friend...she had a baby 2 weeks ago, and has been constipated ever since...and she had to go in to surgery the other day to get it all out...and on top of that her bladder was so full it was about to rupture...but luckily she's fine now and on a lot of drugs...but the doctor said she can't leave the hospital until she goes to the bathroom on her own..

i know it's kind of gross...so to make ya'll happy here's a picture of their baby/my god son Hayden Blair

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

IAB- nice tent. Almost went to REI myself last night, want check out the racks on sale. Opted to get a quick ride in instead. Was able to get in a few climbs at Thunderbird before the park closed at dusk. Friday for me today, flex day tomorrow. Will be up and on the trail early!

Have a good day

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
rain, rain, go the fvck away.

come back another focking day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I mowed my lawn. I'm fairly sure I can do the whole thing in 1hr what used to take me 4. I'm amazed and in shock, I thought I would be impressed but this is way beyond that. I'm having trouble comprehending how it got done so fast. My 3 acre yard does not seem "big" to me anymore. My wife even enjoyed driving it! We put it through the ringers last night, my dad ripped a pine tree branch off with the roll bar, I ran over about 4 rocks trying to avoid a dog toy, and my wife ran it into a bush. A good first day out!
:)

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
i know it's kind of gross...so to make ya'll happy here's a picture of their baby/my god son Hayden Blair

cute pic...and from your story it looks like Hayden didn't like what he was smellin either. :biggrin:

morning monkeys.

this weeks been a sucky week to be mom. my 7 yo son has just been the biggest PITA. and my daughter and i had a not so great visit at the doc yesterday.

routine check up turned into a discussion between her, doc and I about her weight. while i wasn't in the room my daughter made it seem like she doesn't eat anything AT ALL until dinner. of course, she tells me differently. somewhere in the middle i'm guessin is the truth. she's been through a tough few years so i'm guessing there is an element of "drama" and "negative attention" to this. but the doc says in the course of a year she's grown 2 inches but hasn't gained anything. she DID say it's not so much the actual weight that is her concern but more the attitude behind it. and she said if it weren't for the fact that we are moving in 2 months she'd be wanting to see her every month for a weight check. she is recommending that when we get to texas i get her into a counselor asap.

i was pretty upset about all of this last night. spoke with one of my friends in TX who has 2 daughters and he said that his oldest went through something similiar. he asked if my daughter snacks to which i responded hell yea. she'll even snack on junk food IF it's in the house. he said that his experience with his daughter's battle with anorexia was that the docs told him that a girl that is headed down that path will typically NOT snack. and he thinks maybe the doc is just being overly precautious and that my daughter will get through it just fine.

we had a long talk driving home, and i expressed to my daughter that i just want her to grow up healthy so she can be everything she wants to be (currently she wants to get on America's Top Model). but this morning...no breakfast and i have no way of telling if she will eat lunch. the only thing i can think of is that once we get to texas, it'll be summer and i'll have a couple of months where i CAN monitor the day of eating and get her back on track before starting a new school.

other than that great ride the other day. i really love it when i'm able to handle a section of trail that i wasn't able to previously. rest of the week looks like rain so i guess i'll be headed to the gym.

have a great day Monkeys.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good Morning Monkeys.

Got home from work last night - prepped the bike - and then headed up to Nassahegon for a 5:45 Stone Road Lot ride. Only three of us, but we had a good time on some freshly raked trails that were once neglected but now offer plenty of technical New England goodness!!! It wasn't a super long ride - about an hour and a half or so - but it was a very fun one. We rode these same trails on Saturday in the wet and it was a whole different experience last night on drier trails. Tricky rock garden sections weren't so slick and hence easier to navigate through. Good times!!! :monkeydance:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i pussed out today and didn't ride to work in the rain; i'd ridden home last night and left my car at work, since the weather was supposed to have it rain later today, not in the AM.

oh well.

i can tell i'm out of shape compared to last year; the short but steep hill on the commute home put some pain in me.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Good morning.

I have a team building workshop this a.m. Yes, you read that right. One of the team has called in to work already, big shocker. I betting two out of the three remaining will be late. Shoot me now.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

i'm at about 20 hours with no sleep right now. i have a weather, climate, and landscapes final in 2 hours that i have yet to study for. i'm currently still stuck working on my english final which is due before i leave for home today. about to take a break from the paper for a while to go to breakfast to study for my final and drink lots of coffee. after the final i'll be scrambling to get this annoying paper done so i can pack up and go home for the summer.
i pretty much aced the final. so now onto finishing that paper, which i'm sure is pretty incoherent at this point, judging by the dazed state i was in earlier.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Good morning monkies,

Had a great ride with BVNEMBA last night at Rayburn. Two other people showed up for the 5pm fast ride where we had a great time on the between the powerlines trail, the new trail, and the trail near the pond. One rider broke his seat so I ran home to fetch my spare so he could ride the 6pm ride. At least 16 people showed up for the 6pm mellow ride. We decided to split up into a faster group and a mellow group. I led the faster group of 6 on the main loop. And Eammon and Steve led the mellow group on part of the main loop and the trails I did on the 5pm ride. We all finsihed around 7:45. So with those two rides and the earlier ride in Sutton, I did three rides yesterday! :) Not that big a deal tho since it only accounts for about 3 hours of riding, but still it sounds hardcore to say I did three rides.

Oh, nice tent and IAB. I wonder where you got the idea to buy that one? :) We have the same tent as well but in the 4 person model. At Bikefest it will look like an REI camp with three identical tents.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon monkeys. Busy morning of rehearsals for me and now I am starving and need to go find my lunch (I'm secretly hoping I forgot it so I can go get some Chinese or Panera).

I got a new Kelty tent last year to replace my "charlie brown tent" :D

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Good morning all...

Bitingback, tough situation. Sending good vibes your way.

We get kicked out of work early today and I'm hoping to squeeze a ride in before going to IKEA and spending money I don't have.

We may scrub the Jackson trip set for tomorrow since it's going to be rainy, snowy, and highs in the 40's. Won't be much to see in that kind of shat.

Here's to 4.5 day weekends!