Quantcast

~~~Thursday GMT~~~

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hey-O! Just wanted to see if I still had the skills to open a GMT thread.

In smoky Jacksonville F-L-A this week. The lung burning haze only adds to the ambience of America's Trailer Park.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HELLO, I SAY HELLO. WHAT IT SAY.

Today is my Friday, so there. And actually, it's an abbreviated day at that. I'm leaving work early, plus I have a mid-morning funeral to attend (RIP, Terry). Wife and I are headed out for a weekend road trip tomorrow with four friends for eating, shopping and Warrior Dashing. Should be fun!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
HELLO, I SAY HELLO. WHAT IT SAY.

Today is my Friday, so there. And actually, it's an abbreviated day at that. I'm leaving work early, plus I have a mid-morning funeral to attend (RIP, Terry). Wife and I are headed out for a weekend road trip tomorrow with four friends for eating, shopping and Warrior Dashing. Should be fun!
Prepare for the slop fest! After all the rain we got yesterday, whats in the forecast for today, tomorrow, and potentially Saturday, Warrior Dash = mud bath.

Made a tasty burrito last night and did a whole pile of laundry. Highlight of the night was playing with ma new PocketWizards. Time to take things off camera and get creative. :D

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Had to give an old timer a chance, didn't I?

Got notified that I have to let my crew go, again. Not doing much today, just like yesterday. At least I don't have to be out on the right of way while its raining.

Had a good "high impact" workout last night. Got to beat up on a young 3rd degree.

Be safe out there.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
not much going on today.
watched some of the races the other day & took some photos. lots of fun...especially since the race route went right by my house...which meant my beer stayed extra cold. :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
here's how it went down last night:

horrible traffic in every direction.
more than double the time it usually takes, we park, and stand in line in the rain
OFF! finally finishes their soundcheck and the doors open about 20 min late
my name is not on the list, and the window guy is wholly uninterested in trying to find someone who can help
i go outside and miraculously find Lou Barlow, who ends up sorting me out
OFF! storms the stage for ~45 min, starting at about 8:15
<break>
Henry comes on, does a really short intro, then the Dino Jr take their seats at the stools and the Q&A is about ~15-20 min
<break>
Dino plays, not immediately going into _Bug_.
regular set ends
<break>
two song encore, but Lou tantalizes/teases the crowd w/ a statement like "How great would it be if we reeled off a bunch of Black Flag songs right now?" <audience cheer> "Really great." but alas, even though Rollins was watching side stage and Morris was in the building, they did two Dino songs.

really fun show. i gotta hand it to Dino's soundman. the sound level, while still very high, isn't punishing and the details in J's tone and playing are well-preserved.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
last day of the work week yay. tonight we finish loading up our gear for our fishing trip to the Feather River. Going to hit the road around 4am Friday so we can hit the afternoon hatch on the river [6 hour drive]. 3 days of fly fishing and no cell phones or pagers....gonna be most excellent

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Good morning!

Had a hard time waking up this morning. Don't really know why...

so, I get to the office at my usual time, 7:30am, and make my daily trip to the caf for breakfast about 1/2 hour later. While I'm standing there waiting for my eggs to cook, the cook calls me over and hands me a flyer to a gay & gay friendly event this Saturday while asking me to go with her. When I turn her down (nicely) she doesn't get the hint & asks me if I'm on facebook so she can invite me to other upcoming events. I inform her that I'm not really interested in those sort of events... while this is going on, the guy standing in line behind me can't mind his own business & starts asking what the event is & grabs the flyer.

It was an incredibly awkard moment.

I don't care what you do in your personal life, but really, that was not the place or the time for that. And really, who asks another person out on a date at 8 am?

To my WARRIOR MONKEYS - have fun this weekend!!!!! I'm jealous... no WD for me until August.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hit the trails again last night. I rocketed through the tech sections and was feeling it. Then I arrived home and found that Derek had already taken Fletcher for a walk down to the neighborhood brewery and filled our growler. So, we sat out on the deck in the glorious sunshine and enjoyed a BBQ dinner and fresh beer.

Love.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
up to highland for claymore and some riding tomorrow and watching people fly the next day. im so pumped, but my bike is broken so im renting a bike i could never afford so it should be interesting.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
so, I get to the office at my usual time, 7:30am, and make my daily trip to the caf for breakfast about 1/2 hour later. While I'm standing there waiting for my eggs to cook, the cook calls me over and hands me a flyer to a gay & gay friendly event this Saturday while asking me to go with her. When I turn her down (nicely) she doesn't get the hint & asks me if I'm on facebook so she can invite me to other upcoming events. I inform her that I'm not really interested in those sort of events...
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jon have fun but just stay out of Canada.
i've never had a bad time in canada.

also, some details... we figured out the logic on how we wound up in canada.

Rochester... last call 2am.

Buffalo... last call 4am.

~1 hr drive from roch to buff, leaves an hour to drink more.

in buffalo, hit last call. canada ~1hr drive, serve all night.

obviously went to canada to continue.

(just to note: we had a DD. you know you have awesome friends when they're willing to be an international DD)