Quantcast

~~~Thursday GMT~~~

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Packing up all my paintings and heading out to another festival this weekend to hopefully sell, sell, sell....

My 35mm f/1.8 prime lens came in this week, and I am absolutely in love with it.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Tomorrow, summer vacation begins.

Flying home to the US tomorrow morning and will be stay until the 18th. Breaking in the new Nickel at some old haunts so we can get to know each other. Big family reunion, blah blah blah. Flying back to Sweden and headed to Åre for 5 days of chairlift assisted joy.

Summer, **** yeah!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi! LOL

I should probably buy some deodorant...I have not worn any all week (lost my stick during weekend travels!).

Exciting next few days in the office. System comes down at 3:00 today for a major upgrade go live. I get to work Sunday to test and sign off. Oh goody! Meh, you don't care.

fvcking phillies.
Indeed.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Crazy Rt. 2 stories continue.

(For those of you who don't know)...Rt. 2 is a 4 lane highway separated by a median; 2 lanes going east, 2 lanes going west. 95% of the median is covered in woods and guardrails, making it impossible to cross over (insert Ryan Dunn joke here), other than a few small sections. This morning I'm heading east in the fast/left lane, doing the usual 75-80mph going with the flow of traffic. Ahead of me, all the cars (including a big rig) start swerving into the right lane. WTF I say to myself, as I look about 500ft ahead and I see nothing wrong. Next thing ahead of me is a car. 300ft away, upon closer inspection, it appears to be stopped. Slow down to about 55-60mph. 150ft away, I realize I'm looking at headlights. Holy ****. Slow down to 25-30mph. 50ft away, old dude realizes something isn't right and swerves to his right into the median to avoid hitting me. Continue doing 80mph and harmony is restored. Old people shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Anywho, ride tonight, possibly taking tomorrow off to ride with my buddy visiting from CO, then heading up to his lake house for the weekend.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just got reminded cars are expensive to maintain between gas, tolls, tires, registration and insurance its sucking all the spending money out of my bike part savings.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mellow day. Trying to get the AC and alternator belts installed on my Subie after figuring out that I was sent the wrong belts. Once I get that done I will be finishing the rebuild of my 575 and then researching a 2-week trip to Europe.
Oh and I might look for a job too.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
More importantly why does one have only 1 stick? I have no less than 3 at any given time; the main stick, a backup in the closet in case that runs out, and 1 in my travel bag.
I suppose I could use MBC's...maybe even leave a couple of stray armpit hairs on it for her. I've taken her multivitamins before when I've run out.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning / damn near afternoon.

Nothing but stress these days (ROLF!) but I am looking forward to a 3-day weekend full of DH, long trails and mixed generously with grilled meat and ice cold beers.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Back from cardiology stress test. That was fun. Does it count as a workout?

IAB=smelly hippy?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Just. One. More. Day. Until. Holiday. Can't wait for the 3 day weekend! Going up to the cabin on the lake with family, bikes, and beer. Hopefully it will be warm enough to get in the water so we can teach the munchkin how to swim this year! Good times!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Not much going on. Should probably go riding, not really feeling it this morning though.
Went for a run instead. Good thing too, there is a major sh*t storm hanging over the mountains right now. Suspect I'd be getting pretty damn wet if I were @ Frosty Park right now.

Back from cardiology stress test. That was fun. Does it count as a workout?
If yours was the way I remember mine, than yes. Yes it does.