Quantcast

~%~ Thursday GMT ~%~

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Well I'll get this day started. Clutch played an awesome set last night. The two opening bands were pretty decent as well (Monstro & Kyng). The headlining band HellYeah didn't live up to their name... they were more MehYeah.

Other than that nothing new to report. Stay safe out there monkeys!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yo!
I had a great ride after work last night, followed up by some awesome salmon.
My plan was to get up early and ride into work this morning, but chance of PM showers put the kibosh on that idea. Grrrr.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey just left to CA until Tuesday. Looking forward to doing a nice long ride this weekend.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good morning. Fairly tame night last night, grilled some steak and applied to a bunch of jobs. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get some interest.

Riding tonight with crabjoe. Should be good in spite of my bike woes.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Good morning. Fairly tame night last night, grilled some steak and applied to a bunch of jobs. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get some interest.

Riding tonight with crabjoe. Should be good in spite of my bike woes.
:weee:

Today is my Friday, as is tradition. Drove my Jeep into work today just for S's and G's. Ride tonight, then taking my friend's 2 boys for the day tomorrow since it's school vacation. Might take them on a nice mellow mtb ride. Should be fun.

It just occurred to me tomorrow I will have been a homeowner for 2 years. Time flies.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sunday Funday?
Let's go ride Buffalo Creek or something.
ill be on the bigtop. I did break something in my derailleur when I fell last ride. I'm on the bigtop until I figure it out.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
ill be on the bigtop. I did break something in my derailleur when I fell last ride. I'm on the bigtop until I figure it out.
Not that BC wouldn't be sweet like pie on the 29er, but I have a spare x9 rear derailleur if you want to get the Yeti up and running.

Morning, feeling ok today aside from the meeting from the attorney
Keep your head up Mike. This will pass and you'll come out it just fine.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Fixed the leaky shut off last night, so I didn't have to replace the valve. Good thing, as the water never really shuts off. WTF?

Sitting in the office, boss is not in the office. Party time!

Be safe out there.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not that BC wouldn't be sweet like pie on the 29er, but I have a spare x9 rear derailleur if you want to get the Yeti up and running.
It's 10-speed. I need to see if I can fix it on Saturday

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Big field trip for my music students today. I'm taking them to see Memphis so the kids are all excited. It's been a nice morning for me since my principal booked me a sub so I could relax (i could get used to all this special treatment 'cause I'm preggo) before we go. Had my 36 week check-up last night and baby is good. Dr. "felt" for me 'cause she kicked him rather hard when he was checking me out. We're still trying to figure out if she's practicing her wall turns to be an Olympic swimmer or some type of gymnist. At any rate, the end is definitely near as she is head down and dropped so who wants to take bets on when she'll really appear (I'm scheduled to be due 5/14-5/18)?

Be safe out there!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Oh, and birthday trip this weekend to MOAB MOAB MOAB!!! Going back to MOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAABUH!!!!!!!111!!1 1one one

Leaving tonight, and we're gonna try and stick to a common theme for the trip: riding tomorrow then drinking beer. Riding Saturday then drinking beer. Riding Sunday then drinking beer. Coming home to Golden Sunday evening. Thinking either riding a couple of short(er) rides tomorrow (MOAB brand trails and Pipe Dream?) or riding something big that I haven't ridden before... any suggestions? My list of 'never ridden' in Moab is getting short, though. Maybe Dead Horse or Top of the World? White Rim is on the list, but in a day (100 miles on dirt) would be a bit much methinks. Anyways... Saturday is Magnificent 7 (Portal finish... delicious) and Sunday is Kokopelli/UPS/LPS/Porcupine. Booyah!

Keep it classy out there, Monkeys, and remember these sage words: if it's on, turn it off. If it's off, turn it on. And if it's dusty, don't fvcking touch it.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Kicks ass, it does.
I haven't ridden DC since last year, I think with teh Jokey. Let's hit that up soon AFTER work.

btw: I ride on platforms on purpose.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Damn. No kids under 12 at the climbing gym unless you hire a staff person ($50/hr) to work with them. G@y. He's been to other gyms plenty of times, whatever. Don't want my money? Fine, I'm sure a climbing gym is just rolling in the dough and doesn't need it. I'll keep it. :rant:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
They were the cheap-a$$ pedals that came on my bike from the LBS, smahta$$. :rant:
I'm just giving ya sh!t dude. I ride platforms when riding DH and more technical singletrack. I'm still not an expert at unclicking my spd shoes when I really need to.

Although my platforms have a little more space to put my foot.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Staring at my son is much more fun than dealing with my various commercial and design issues on the project.

I think I'll work less tomorrow.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Sooooo..... I woke up in an ambulance today during work, ended up with a massive sugar crash.

So now I am testing twice a day, keeping track, and finding out why it is that even with eating right why my sugar dropped suddenly...... So awesome being told its possibly diabetes, to find out its not but something else, to having being put into a class teaching how to test blood sugar and given all the supplies and a STACK of glucose pills....

I swear if I die.... I will haunt the **** out of ride monkey

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Sooooo..... I woke up in an ambulance today during work, ended up with a massive sugar crash.

So now I am testing twice a day, keeping track, and finding out why it is that even with eating right why my sugar dropped suddenly...... So awesome being told its possibly diabetes, to find out its not but something else, to having being put into a class teaching how to test blood sugar and given all the supplies and a STACK of glucose pills....

I swear if I die.... I will haunt the **** out of ride monkey
Sign up for a pump! Changed my buddies life. He builds the sh!t out trails and rides the shiz out of bikes.

I think he's got type 1. Sucks, but he manages well.