Quantcast

~@~Thursday GMT~@~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Day off for me today. Going to check over the bikes, we are going to Coyote Hill Mountain Bike Camp this weekend. Tomorrow we are having lunch with my Aunt and Uncle in Vermont, then riding Millstone before we arrive at the camp.

Be safe out there.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Reville, Reville, Reville! Happy Birthday to my brothers and sisters over at the US Army! Also, it is Flag Day. I rode my bike after work and I liked it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's Blue for Boys day!

Thursday, June 14th, you are invited to wear your favorite "work appropriate" blue jeans and blue shirt to raise funds to remind men the importance of staying healthy. Funds go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
I miss you, pops.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
How's life treating you there monkeys, yeah that's great.

I ran a 5K race in 23:10 last night on tired legs. Good for a 28 of 117 finish. I'm not thrilled with the time but I'll take it considering my legs were not fresh, it was humid as hell, and the course was a bear. Finish line food consisted of strawberry shortcake, Rice Krispies treats, chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, and brownies. MBC had to cut me off after my second helping. LOL...mmmm...sweets....

Looking forward to three days of riding this weekend. Wife and I took Monday off.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I worked as little as possible in the summer during high school. Hell, I still try to not do 40 hour work weeks in the summer. :rofl:

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
:monkeydance:

I must have chewed on my tongue in my sleep a few nights ago. It started to swell last night and has gotten more uncomfortable this morning. Weird.
Could be an allergic reaction to something, too. You might want to recall what you ate last night and see if it happens again the next time you eat whatever you had last night.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
It's sad that 40hr work weeks during the summer isn't considered "typical" anymore for high school students. :rolleyes:
:stupid:

Annoying morning. But whatever. Kona Dog is home and happy to be there. Doctor said no movement other than on-leash walks to go pee in the yard for 2 months. We're back to carrying her up and down stairs for a couple weeks too, but she's so pooped she didn't seem to mind last night or this morning. Also was told she can't "jump off of anything" for the rest of her life. I'm pretty sure this means that our bounding mutt is no longer allowed to go mountain biking, which is super sad... I guess we'll see how she's doing next spring, but want her to stay healthy.

Mr Skibunny is at the doc getting a camera shoved down his throat today... poor thing. My poor babies :) Guess I should get in the kitchen and make some sammiches to make everyone feel better or something ;)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm sitting at home after taking an ambulance ride to the hospital last night. Sadly not for Wifey to have the baby. Otherwise, I'm trying to get up to the frame builder to get the bike fitted and built. I might be riding in to work for a bit here, so I want to get something comfortable setup asap.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I'm sitting at home after taking an ambulance ride to the hospital last night. Sadly not for Wifey to have the baby. Otherwise, I'm trying to get up to the frame builder to get the bike fitted and built. I might be riding in to work for a bit here, so I want to get something comfortable setup asap.
You ok? What happened?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It's sad that 40hr work weeks during the summer isn't considered "typical" anymore for high school students. :rolleyes:
what i remember most about from about 8-9 years old through junior high.....cutting/splitting/stacking firewood after school and on saturdays during the week and during the summer when my dad wasn't out of town.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:think:

Wasn't the conclusion last time that this was partially stress related?
Stress and sleep are the two big ones. I haven't been sleeping a ton because our cat has decided that I need to be woken up at sunrise. Stress from the upcoming baby, and the fact that I will be missing my sales goals (think 10bps vs. 5bps on my payout) will get you there pretty fast.

Hopefully I don't have any license issues here, as it would be really bad to be unable to drive.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just got a new computer at the office. Another hand me down but this one should be less used as the one I had before. New IT stuff is always nice.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Stress and sleep are the two big ones. I haven't been sleeping a ton because our cat has decided that I need to be woken up at sunrise. Stress from the upcoming baby, and the fact that I will be missing my sales goals (think 10bps vs. 5bps on my payout) will get you there pretty fast.

Hopefully I don't have any license issues here, as it would be really bad to be unable to drive.
Be careful man. I'm not a stressed out guy, but I ended up getting shingles in the sleep deprived weeks after my daughter was born. Happened to a friend too. Lack of sleep, work stress, baby stress. They all add up.