Quantcast

****Thursday GMT****

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The funny thing is that standing at work is really healthy even if it is strange. Not to mention some peeps claim it might be the differance between getting fat because of work and staying reasonably slim.
I absolutely agree it's better health/posture wise. Doesn't change the fact it makes you look like a goon.

That said, I've had chronic back/neck pain ever since a head-first crash I had downhilling 3 or 4 years ago (skyst3alth knows the one). The wallet in the pocket definitely sets it off, so I've been taking my wallet out of my pocket all the time for years now. I also have my car seats and office chair set to keep my back as upright as possible while still being tilted slightly backward (maybe 10-15* back from vertical), and the butt portion angled back (knees higher than ass) the best I can. That also seems to help.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
To be honest I just hate sitting since only recently I have jobs that mean I sit for most of my day and it got me quite fat even though I didnt eat much. I feel like a 50 year old now though that also has a bit to do with me not doing anything when I had time to train ;)

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
You guys are crackin' me up this morning. Well... by the time this posts it will be afternoon.

So hey hey, howzit? Rode my bike in the woods last night. It ruled. Gunna go again tonight, but it will be fun in a different way as I am riding with le 5 year old. Taking him to Duthie, where the trails are smooth and well maintained. He's gunna sh!t his pants when he realizes he's only just begun. :)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Dan-O is a dinkus. I just won't tell him that to his face on a ride because he's a lot bigger than me. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't ride bikes anymore.
Headed out on 4th trail ride in 5 days tonight unless I succumb the the gravitational pull of beers, the boat and a dip in the Atlantic. Been working outside all day so that option sounds better every minute.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
1st physical in almost 10 years. I'm shrinking. :panic:
And you're surprised by this?

Nick, take your wallet out of your pocket whenever you're sitting at your desk/driving etc. That did more for my back issues and any amount of stretching etc.

Still no hablo...
Money. It's what those of us without kids use to acquire things we don't really need, in order to show off said items to our friends that have children.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Dan-o
I took my wallet out of my pocket around 10am and less than 4 hours later my back feels better.

:rolleyes: I bet you aren't even a real doctor.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
And you're surprised by this?
Not really surprised. But concerned.

Money. It's what those of us without kids use to acquire things we don't really need, in order to show off said items to our friends that have children.
Hmmm... so it is *not* plastic? This money idea intrigues me... so it's possible for you to acquire things that you *don't* really need? Very interesting...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
The standing all day at work is a great idea.... I am on my feet all day every day.... I sit down for about a half hour for lunch, and spend an easy 90 plus percent of the day on my feet.