Quantcast

Thursday GMT

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Going near Fiddy Cent's house today.
I think that house has been on the market for like six years. It used to be owned by Mike Tyson. Farmington Valley just hasn't been the same since he left.
http://www.courant.com/business/real-estate/hc-50-cents-farmington-mansion-still-on-the-market-20120815,0,4756891.photogallery
(I'd poop there)

'Morning, monkeys! How are you doing today yeah that's great.

Wife and I are still on the fence about the ski trip the end of this month but we moving closer to NO GO. We're just waiting to see what my ortho says on Tuesday. We rented a house and the owners said we can defer to next year, so thankfully canceling the trip won't cost us any money.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

I haven't even clocked into payroll yet and already I'm ready to go home. Oh well, at least work is looking fairly slow today.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

All the bag throwers are taking pay cuts. It's like someone has ordered the mass killing of kittens around here. Today's going to be a good day to stay in my cave and avoid the ramp.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
:weee:going to be a good day. the morning run that would have sent me out into the worst traffic congestion in the area canceled for today. Now I get to chill out for another hour. Next run goes out through the vineyards and a lake just after sunrise:weee::weee:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'm envious that you can openly and truthfully call your colleagues bag throwers. I'd probably get written up for a veiled/incomprehensible insult if I did that. :D
have you ever witnessed luggage being handled gently?

never.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. Nice 'dings.

Feeling like a slow day ahead. Or I'm just feeling slow. Probably that.

IAB: bummer man. Oh well, whatcha gonna do, right? Right.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
have you ever witnessed luggage being handled gently?

never.
Whilst sitting on the ramp, waiting for the plane to fill, I was watching the luggage handlers work. 'Squeeb's description is quite accurate.

I've helped when they've been short handed on the ramp before. Honestly, you've only got to do that job for about 5 minutes before you figure out why stuff gets handled the way it does. If you over pack your bags, fvck you.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
IAB: bummer man. Oh well, whatcha gonna do, right? Right.
Indeed. Ski trip officially being canceled. Major bummer. I realize people have bigger problems in the world, but that doesn't mean I have to like this. We can defer the house rental to next year and book another flight, so at least we're not out any money. Actually, we save a couple hundred bucks for not having to kennel the dogs.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning! Went skiing last night with hubby and son. The wee lad got his ego back for skiing (I'm the best skier ever! And next year I'll be 7, so I'll be even awesomer!) and we graduated from the bunny hill back to the blue hill where we ended last season. I had a case of the grumpies on the way up so Buffalo sent me on a couple runs by myself to shake it off (thanks honey!) and it worked of course :) So we had a blast. As we were leaving the mountain, we were all talking and asked Lucas, "So did you have fun??" and he didn't answer, turned around, he was OUT. His last sentence was like 30 seconds before that, it was awesome and hilarious. He did ok waking up this morning too, so yay! Happy Thursday. Nice wingdings!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Indeed. Ski trip officially being canceled. Major bummer. I realize people have bigger problems in the world, but that doesn't mean I have to like this. We can defer the house rental to next year and book another flight, so at least we're not out any money. Actually, we save a couple hundred bucks for not having to kennel the dogs.
Bummer IAB. Heal up quick!

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
:wave:

All the bag throwers are taking pay cuts. It's like someone has ordered the mass killing of kittens around here. Today's going to be a good day to stay in my cave and avoid the ramp.
Probably also a good day not to be checking a bag.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Damn... wasn't this your year to ski Colorado? No IAB beer-drinking with the CO Monkeys this year? :(

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Its snowing niecely outside - fine dry powder - up to 14 inches expected in the flatlands. Since I am on vacation I can shovel snow evey hour and be the only house in the hood to have clear walks and driveway when eveyone else arrives home from work.

See Eric? Old can be fun!

Last edited: