Quantcast

%&# thursday gmt @$^

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
bloody hell, it's been an expensive week for me. Ordered a Pike, will pick in up on Saturday. yay! Then my espresso machine died. Just hit "place order" on one of these. :eek: Never in all my years did I ever think I'd spend that kind of money on an espresso machine. But I love the stuff, and really can't do without. This one should allow me to enjoy good coffee, day after day, year after year. Hopefully my kids and grandkids too. again, I say :eek:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bloody hell, it's been an expensive week for me. Ordered a Pike, will pick in up on Saturday. yay! Then my espresso machine died. Just hit "place order" on one of these. :eek: Never in all my years did I ever think I'd spend that kind of money on an espresso machine. But I love the stuff, and really can't do without. This one should allow me to enjoy good coffee, day after day, year after year. Hopefully my kids and grandkids too. again, I say :eek:
for 10% of what you spent you could've gotten a Presso, and had coffee that's just as good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
today is my friday. already on cruise control.

speaking of cruise control, gonna be another 1,000 mile weekend. off to WVA for a memorial service.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
is that one of those aerobie things? Absolutely doesn't do it for me. I've tried. Good luck with the drive and the service.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yeah, I was thinking of the aeropress... the ROK seems like a similar principle, just more metal and more control. Could be a worthy travelling companion...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yeah, I was thinking of the aeropress... the ROK seems like a similar principle, just more metal and more control. Could be a worthy travelling companion...
it's only similar to the aeropress in that there's no motors or anything. the ROK/presso is more like a spring lever actuated espresso maker. it does take some practice to dial in how quickly to press the lever arms down. but it makes absolutely amazing espresso.