Quantcast

##^Thursday GMT^##

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Tweaked my bad knee riding at Trestle yesterday, going to have to skip riding at Keystone today :(

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
morning.

Gonna hit up the Legends Mall with the wife and sis-in-law. I'm just going along so we can grab lunch at the Yard Ale House so I can get myself some good food and a half yard of beer.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.
counting down my hours until the weekend, even though I will be editing video unless I can knock out some ****e today.
L's doing a shoot for Dodge & Burn so I will prolly run around Downtown with her.
This weekend marks the 3 week mark of my no alcohol experiment. I hate how hard it has been. >.<

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Visiting on a DH vacation, from the big apple.
Righto! If your knee is better and you'd like to do some laps over the weekend, shoot me a PM.
I'm thinking the Dr. and I are gonna ride Keystone on Saturday, if either of you two hooligans is interested. Stoney you're invited as well if we can pry your candy ass away from teh Warrior Princess.

EDIT: also, good morning Monkeylandville. I am about to eat a banana in honor of all missing Monkeys.

EDIT numero dos: I also derpscovered today that my chain has been on backwards the entire time I've had this biek. Apparently it could have been shifting better for the last 1,300 miles or so.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm thinking the Dr. and I are gonna ride Keystone on Saturday, if either of you two hooligans is interested. Stoney you're invited as well if we can pry your candy ass away from teh Warrior Princess.
I'm staining the deck this weekend. Unfortunately. If I get done with time I'll try to squeeze out for a ride, but likely trails.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
10-sp chains are directional? :hmm:
Shimano ones, yeah. I've been informed that the NEW Shimano 10- and 11-speed chains are no longer directional, but everything since the beginning of Shimano 10-speed MTB stuff a few years back up until recently has been directional&#8212;logos go on the outside. Very odd that I've literally had this one on backwards for a little over a year and it's been fine. That said, it could also be why the entire drivetrain wore out so "quickly".

Directional chain - Right side is optimized for front shifting and left side is optimized for rear shifting.
http://www.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/products/mountain/New_Deore_XT/product.-code-CN-HG94.-type-.cn_mountain.html

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In a little over two weeks I am riding the Shenandoah Mountain 100. Over 14,000 ft of climbing. The good news, over 14,000 ft of sweet singletrack descents.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No can do on the weekend riding as I fly back on Saturday. Hoping to be back in action at Trestle again tomorrow though.

Westy, I'm racing Shen too, first time racing it SS, I've been geared every other time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No can do on the weekend riding as I fly back on Saturday. Hoping to be back in action at Trestle again tomorrow though.

Westy, I'm racing Shen too, first time racing it SS, I've been geared every other time.
Nice! I did it back in 2003. Ten years older and ten pound heavier now. Pretty much been off the bike from August 2010 until this april. Feeling pretty good now but I have been getting stronger each week so I have no idea what I am capable of. Pacing myself is going to be tough.