Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hey now, 2 in a row. It's Thursday and you know what that means.

It's Thursday.

Ethics class tonight. It's not helping.

Another of the things i've been doing since i was away, working on my Masters.

Hope that green jacket fits.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Friend from SF was in town so we had dinner last night. He was my partner when I was still selling software, so it made for interesting conversation. A bunch of the biotech companies I put on my watchlist, but stopped tracking because it is very hard to trade from my role, had 10x returns since I stopped watching them 2 years ago. He has them on a watchlist that I gave him to track, which is why I now know this.

Also talked about how things at the company have progressed. There has been a mass exodus in the last 2 years, leaving only 2-3 (of ~25) who came in with my training group. The exodus has turned out very good for the survivors, as they have all been basically doubled in that timeframe. It keeps reminding me that I need to find something that has serious longevity so that I can get back up towards the higher pay range. While this job pays well, the forward growth is not that hot...

Otherwise, installing a light fixture tonight and my folks come into town tomorrow. Wifey's birthday too.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Working before work again, but this morning was to finish up the graphics for our race car. Sent those off to the printer, we should have a racy looking race car next week. Very excite. Also, all day semi-mandatory staff ride today, I should fill my CamelSak and make a sammich.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bitching about not making stupid money on some risk positions I took a few years ago. Compliance makes it very hard to get into, then sell those positions, so I got out of everything a few years ago, mostly at a loss.

Also bitching about how the people left at my old company, because the co was trying to stop the exodus of senior reps, pretty much doubled everybody's income in 2 years.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Bitching about not making stupid money on some risk positions I took a few years ago. Compliance makes it very hard to get into, then sell those positions, so I got out of everything a few years ago, mostly at a loss.

Also bitching about how the people left at my old company, because the co was trying to stop the exodus of senior reps, pretty much doubled everybody's income in 2 years.
Oh I'm sorry, that wasn't directed at you specifically. It was a general "LOL WUT?" statement. So I guess, really, it was directed at you.

All of you.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had a good birthday with the kiddo, but it's still bittersweet with pops gone. Her big birthday bash is Saturday and it will be the first one I've missed in 13 years. But I got to take her to the Rose City Comic Con for our birthday gift, so it's ok. A shirt I saw at Comic Con, thought I would share before I forget.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I called in sick today. Things are going to be hectic at work without me there. Or they might not notice. Or something in between.