Quantcast

###Thursday GMT###

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Friday Schmryday. It's f'ing cold.

SS: what are your potential choices? (my vote is for CB)
Everything from Taos to Jackson was originally on the menu.

At this point I think we're going to either hit AltaBird or Jackson - storm is going to favor those locations. I'm a little concerned about the f**kfest factor in Utah since this will basically be the 1st big storm they get this year...

Hrm...

DAMN YOU MOTHER NATURE!!

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Last full day of work before long weekend in Maine ice-fishing, sledding and detoxing the boys from technology at the bare-bones hunting camp. Their entertainment options at night will be a) play outside in single digit temps b) get me another beer c) put another log in the woodstove d) STFU and do a, b or c.

If they cooperate friday night I'll motivate saturday and build a snowman army for them to obliterate with 20g shotguns and/or mow down on sleds GTA-style.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
get me another beer
really good whiskey/bourbon/rye would be....

a. cheaper in the long run
b. get you buzzed quicker
c. taste a lot fvcking better
d. repeat a thru c

but that's just me...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last full day of work before long weekend in Maine ice-fishing, sledding and detoxing the boys from technology at the bare-bones hunting camp. Their entertainment options at night will be a) play outside in single digit temps b) get me another beer c) put another log in the woodstove d) STFU and do a, b or c.

If they cooperate friday night I'll motivate saturday and build a snowman army for them to obliterate with 20g shotguns and/or mow down on sleds GTA-style.
awesome. what part of maine?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
day from hell, not even lunch.

forgot to set my alarm.

wife is traveling for work, so her alarm wasn't set.

woke up like 90 minutes late.

5 minutes into my drive realized i forgot my laptop bag, turned around to get it.

back on the road, 4 roads closed due to down trees. all the traffic funneled into another road. it's about 3 miles, and normally takes no more than 5 minutes from one end to the other. sat there for an hour due to all the excess traffic.

about to lose my sh*t

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Whiskey sucks.

But that's just me.

:D
You suck. But that's just me. :D

Yawn. At least I bought more coffee for home, so I've got a big ass thermos of good French press instead of the work swill. Picked up a growler of Espresso Oak Yeti last night for for this evening's consumption with the lady. :cheers:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Federal tax refund is supposed to post in my bank account today!

:banana:

On the other hand, I still don't have a job offer for July, although I've been applying far and wide. U of Arizona, U of NM, Johns Hopkins, Memorial Sloan Kettering (in dreaded NYC, ugh--thought I escaped that place twice already) all applied for in the past few days.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
awesome. what part of maine?
The camp's outside of Sherman, a few miles from eastern side of Baxter SP.
Fishing and letting the kids drag race the sleds near island falls, using another friends camp as a warming hut.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

On the other hand, I still don't have a job offer for July, although I've been applying far and wide. U of Arizona, U of NM, Johns Hopkins, Memorial Sloan Kettering (in dreaded NYC, ugh--thought I escaped that place twice already) all applied for in the past few days.
Have you considered getting a non-doc job somewhere?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

http://www.radiology.ubc.ca/employment

I'm sure there's a need for r-ehdiologists up here... And I'm going for a ride tomorrow.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It's raining
Well for now the storm door is open in California and boy do we need it. The storm that rolled though last night dropped 2" of the wet stuff in some areas and this is the NWS forcast for Fri-Sun

"We expect that the next round of rainfall will make landfall late Friday night and will continue into Saturday and Sunday.
Current projections put storm rainfall totals through the weekend at several inches in inland valleys to upwards of 8 or 10 inches in coastal mountain ranges of the north bay.
The Santa Cruz and Santa Lucia mountains will also likely receive copious precipitation"

:weee::weee::weee::weee::weee::weee:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Have you considered getting a non-doc job somewhere?
Yup. Fallback plan is programming while searching come July.
Tucson? Nobody needs a job that bad.

NM would be nice, though Albuquerque is "meh". First football game I ever went to was a Lobo's game.
I've never been to Tucson. I guess I'm lucky?
http://www.radiology.ubc.ca/employment

I'm sure there's a need for r-ehdiologists up here... And I'm going for a ride tomorrow.
They need radiologists, true. Not in my subspecialty, though. I'm a body imager, they want musculoskeletal/chest, which is a bizarre combination they're unlikely to find, IMO.