Quantcast

~~~Thursday GMT~~~

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
So... I had a fairly nerve racking stressful day yesterday. I got a phone call from the hospital yesterday morning that my mom had been brought in by ambulance with heart attack like symptoms but she is responsive. BTW, my mom has a list of health issues a mile long. After running tests all day long they found an artery in my mom's heart that was 90% blocked. So they put in a stent and by last night she was sitting in the hospital bed talking to everyone and eating dinner. If all goes well she should be released within a few days.

Ugh... this morning I am le tired.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friends works in NYC a few times a year. When they do I walk thier dog, check the mail, and shovel the walk for thier Mom who lives downstairs. Fine Old Broad, Polish. Tries to feed me every time. I think she is so cool. Best job ever!

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I tried to put the roof rack from my car onto Wifey's last night. I discovered three problems: 1) Sun roof's are problematic with farings. 2) One of the leg clamps is seized so I can't change the clips. I now have half of a roof rack installed. I think I just need to get the OEM crossbars and new bracket to mount my racks.

On a side note, Wifey's primary client wants her to come to SF for 2 weeks straight. She bills the entire time that she travels and they pay for expenses sans meals. She might bill enough in March to cover the cost of the car plus some. We just need to figure out how to handle scheduling with getting Haley to daycare.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hello from the PNW! Icy morning made for an interesting dog walk by the river. Slip-n-slide!!! Looks like a weekend of skiing is in store for me. Woot woot

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I tried to put the roof rack from my car onto Wifey's last night. I discovered three problems: 1) Sun roof's are problematic with farings. 2) One of the leg clamps is seized so I can't change the clips. I now have half of a roof rack installed. I think I just need to get the OEM crossbars and new bracket to mount my racks.
Hopefully they are different than the old OEM style Subaru crossbars? 'Cause those things are USELESS.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all.

Finally news from Denver! Well, a promise of news, at least: I'm supposed to schedule a phone call with their chairman for tomorrow. This could be about the original position for which I interviewed or a second, nighttime one that I put my name in for as well.

:banana:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Howdy all.

Finally news from Denver! Well, a promise of news, at least: I'm supposed to schedule a phone call with their chairman for tomorrow. This could be about the original position for which I interviewed or a second, nighttime one that I put my name in for as well.

Good luck Doc!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Howdy all.

Hasn't anyone warned you yet that this place sucks? :rant:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Howdy all.

Agreed with the others. Good luck, Doc.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Got my letter from the county today... Seriously just stared at it for a good ten minutes before i opened it. I have been officially accepted into the hiring process for the detention officer position!!!

Still not absolute yet, but this is great news so far