Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, all of you little rays of sunshine.

As you know, I have been running a lot lately. As such, I want to eat. I WANT TO EAT ALL THE FOCKING FOOD.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Oh wow am I in pain. Talk about a series of intense workout, looking forward to seeing the results at the end of four weeks of this stuff. Also I think next week I am going to bring my bike for some evening runs

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! I wish we got a bit of rain here, trails have been bone dry for a while. There is a chance of getting some today, we shall see.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it seems wildlife photographers managed to get a moose killed yesterday in jellystone.

way to go fucktards.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
it seems wildlife photographers managed to get a moose killed yesterday in jellystone.

way to go fucktards.
how does that happen?

glorious sunshine here today, and I'm going for a ride tonight. I get to test my new Gloworm X2 on my helmet. Two nights in a row of uninterrupted sleep (even if I was woken at 5am) means I'm not feeling like death warmed over.

the day at the (cube) farm is going to be long.

good mornin'.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yo.
The forests here look amazing right now. I really should stop and take more pictures.
Riding this evening. Should be warm. It's the golbal warmingz :panic:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
how does that happen?.
crowd female moose during mating season while bull moose is around....female moose trips over picnic table...lands on fire grate...nearly severing a rear leg.

at least that is what it said in the paper.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I lichen it to Elk.
Including the majestik møøse A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
We had some serious trail building rain last night. First rain of this sort in 6-7 months. I will not be pushing my shovel into dirt today however, nor will I be swinging my Mcleod. I will be changing diapers, feeding the ravenous wifey (not feeding IAB), and trying to figure out how to hawk off my mtb for a new TBC Scout.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Including the majestik møøse A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"

Mmike recently had a very similar post. Y'all are two peas in a pod.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Apparently UC Denver has no established faculty webserver available for access. They're offering me to virtually host a server for the low, low cost of $145/month.

Even though I can charge this to my department's budget, I think it's much more prudent just to buy some space at 1and1 for $10 or $20/month... and charge that to my department's budget instead.

:ITfacepalm:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Apparently UC Denver has no established faculty webserver available for access. They're offering me to virtually host a server for the low, low cost of $145/month.

Even though I can charge this to my department's budget, I think it's much more prudent just to buy some space at 1and1 for $10 or $20/month... and charge that to my department's budget instead.

:ITfacepalm:
lol

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Lady woke me up sometime around 3 needing to be taken to the ER. The Kaiser ER is a bit of a drive, but it was empty roads and my car is a little fast, so we made good time. After a couple hours and a lot of tests, they sent her home and may do a ct scan. I had to get to work eventually because it's bbq day and smoked meats are a priority. Plus it is my birthday and stuff.

I need a nap.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
jezzus titty f'n christ.
It is thursday already? >.<

trying to get outta town this weekend. Maybe heading to Lone Pine or Bishop since it looks like it will be wet in both northern AZ & southern UT.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Morning Monkeys.

Lady woke me up sometime around 3 needing to be taken to the ER. The Kaiser ER is a bit of a drive, but it was empty roads and my car is a little fast, so we made good time. After a couple hours and a lot of tests, they sent her home and may do a ct scan. I had to get to work eventually because it's bbq day and smoked meats are a priority. Plus it is my birthday and stuff.

I need a nap.
happy birthday!

good to hear you're both home.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
About to take the second poop of the day. Things are good.

On another good note, I found out that if you push the handle down extra hard on the toilet at work, it goes into super suction mode. No more scary moments in that particular washroom from here on out, me thinks.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
How do you like your new light? I could not decide between X2 and Gemini duo, at the end I got neither. My new XXX arrived today and it is super yummy.
It pains me to say it, but I'm dissapoint. very dissapoint. I run a Gemini Duo on my bars, and used to have a Xera with the "super-spot" reflector on my helmet. I felt I needed something with more power to throw the spot a little further. I figured with the dual spot on the X2 I would get my wish. So while it may have more power, it doesn't throw the light where I want/need it. This is based on one ride, so take it for what it's worth, I'll go back and try the Xera and compare back to back. Maybe it is better, but my expectations were higher.

Just so you know here's my philosophy on lights:
Spot on helmet to illuminate the far distance and pick your lines at speed.
Flood on bar to provide contrast and take care of slower speed illumination.
If the flood is too bright and too close it causes your eyes to adjust to that amount of light, which ruins your ability to see far out.

With the Xera/Duo combo, I'd run the Xera on high, and the Duo on medium in faster sections (like DH)
With the X2/Duo, I had to run the X2 on high and the the Duo on low to not get messed up, and still I felt like I couldn't quite see far enough in front to really open'er up...

Like I said, maybe it's just that my expectations were too high, and I'm not being objective. I guess I'll have to bring them both out one night and test them out. Still, I find the cash outlay was not worth it if the gains were marginal. I was hoping the difference would be substantial.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Been up since 5am...coffee is only working a little at this point.
Going to hang out in the High Sierra this weekend, with the fire (prolly wont even see smoke), weather (prolly wont even snow) & the earthquakes (prolly wont be any shaking) it could be an adventure.