Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

I have not made a dent in unpacking. Need to send V my share of car rental. Mowed the lawn yesterday for the first time and planted Brussels sprouts. Talked with Dave about build details on the Tracer, which has not yet arrived. Negotiated value of Heckler replacement with insurance company, to my benefit. They are being cooperative and helpful. I did not want to get up this morning, but the coffee is starting to take hold.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
4 nights in a row the kid has slept 8 hours. which means I have also slept at least 7 hours. i almost feel like a normal human being again. well, as close to normal as i can get.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Lots to do today and I don't want to do none of it. Should be awesome weather this weekend for some woods riding. I might try to ride Stub, too. For those that don't know, we have an area that has been shaping for a few years now and has really come together well. Stub Stewart park started out as a few cool trails and has become a serious point of interest. There was over 100 folks working on it last weekend, it has become pretty bad ass.

LL Stub Stewart

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm looking forward to rain through this weekend, when it'll be replaced by snow on Sunday.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
4 nights in a row the kid has slept 8 hours. which means I have also slept at least 7 hours. i almost feel like a normal human being again. well, as close to normal as i can get.
Dude! Don't jinx yourself, go knock on wood, quick!

I'll take the snow. Fuck the rain. :mad:
Amen! You may have heard a little something about the Washington winter... actually had nothing to do with rain. We had no precip. This has been an agitated skibunny season. Though I did get to teach 6 lessons on rocks and hang with my favorite triplet girl students (rock stars) and go to Bachelor with my skibuddies... I'm glad I got that much... it ended mid-January. Please send snow here... Maybe next winter will work out better?

And-- did you guys see that NASA projects that CA has 1 year of water left? That the CO River is backed up 70 miles from the ocean? We've had light winters up here before, but...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I was almost was hit by some douche driving an Infiniti G35s when I was out running errands on my bike at lunch....

I went to buy my wife a mothers day card today, a 10 minute bike ride away. I have two options for getting there: up a busy street, or take a detour through the residential area using bike paths. On the way there I took the detour. It's a nice day and I'm not in a hurry. But on the way back I took the main street. Traffic is heavy, but there's two lanes in each direction, so I've got plenty of room in the right lane and I'm just cruising along, watching the hottie hipster's ass in front of me... when all of a sudden a car comes within inches of me, trying to pass on the right the lane of cars on the left. He did it twice, honking at me and yelling and flipping me the bird the second time.

Honestly, there was no reason for his aggressiveness, we were moving along pretty much at the same speed as traffic. And I've got a fucking kids seat on the back of my bike.... So instead of getting into with him (hitting his car or whatever), I pull out my phone, take a picture of the car, and I tried to take a picture of the driver too (but only got the wife in the passenger seat), and filed a police report. I hope this fucker has prior aggressive driving notes on his record and they slap him with something.

cocksucker.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Las
With a little extra help two months should work...

I believe slyfink's demonspawn are older, though...
yeah, but who has time to sit with those bundles of energy and try and get them to focus on a piece of paper long enough to draw a house or a flower or something sh!t like that?!?! That's too much work...