Quantcast

Thursday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey is back tonight. Looking forward to it. Otherwise that's it. Still haven't heard back from [insert co name here]or the internal position on status.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Your lack of wingdings seems an ill omen for the day. :disgust1:

:wave:
Back to the salt pit. There were calls for OT all 3 days of my weekend for an engine change, I pray to teh baby FSM that that turd is gone.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my new laptop saw it fit to erase my external hard drive by reformatting it......any chance to recover?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i think it moved probably 20 years ago now. it was still on franklin, but closer in to chapel hill proper (no parking at all, iirc). actually never been to a show at the new location.

that, the brewery in raleigh, and ziggy's in w-s were the three best places to catch hardcore/metal shows in the 90s. pretty amazing that 2 of the 3 are still in business.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

More paperwork to fill out for the new gig. For some people, the last 10 years of address/employment is a few lines, mine not so much. Damn I have moved around WAY too much, ugh.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I got to work early this morning (as in 2 hours early) for a meeting with a guy in India and to do wireless surveys in both factories. Just completed the first one and plan on doing the 2nd as quickly as possible, as I need to GTFO due to a serious case of FTS and a need for some BYOB. This is fueled by having the next 4 days off. Yay.

my new laptop saw it fit to erase my external hard drive by reformatting it......any chance to recover?
Try booting from a Linux live cd or something.

If it was a quick format, the data is probably still there.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Stayed up late to watch meteors shoot across the sky. Tired now
In other news, it was really dark when I got back and I walked straight into my bedroom door nose first. It started bleeding and is swollen. Awesome. I'm gonna look like an ultimate fighter.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Today I read ultrasounds. Yesterday I got approved by the insurance underwriters at the risk class at which I presumed I would be at--this is good, as I'm dropping both amount and duration of coverage to save money, figuring that I can self insure 10-15 years down the road.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning. Also stayed up to watch the meteor shower. Drive the Sporty up into the hills. Fire and the first rain in months made for a few clouds and a little haze, but there was plenty to be seen. The caffeine I drank to keep me up for the shower also kept me from sleeping. This makes for a grumpy bunny. Good thing I've got the van here, I'm rolling out the bed at lunch time!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Tired too got into the hotel in Santa Monica late and had a couple of beer before bed. I really want to go ride the some mtb in the mountains but I am not sure I will find the time.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yesterday was chill. Got to pour a small concrete pad for work and go home a little bit early. Today, back at it. A week until the wifey goes on vacation for a week without me :think:. See if I can manage the child for a week by myself.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Super slow day.

Working on deciphering the history of some (read: most) of the changes on the project.

The "it's all up here" *taps temple* technique of change management implemented by the senior management seems to be failing. Booooooring.

I plan to go for a nice ride after work to test out some new knee pads for their pedal friendliness, and enjoy the smooth glide-iness of my dropper post.

Going to Portland this weekend with the fam. My kids love long drives...

In a related story, I like to fool myself.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
@Da Peach all I can say they get better with training. I have done a lot of long trips with the boys and they are getting really good at it. Did Miami and back without the wife this spring and it went really well. Normally my wife has all kinds of goodies and surprises along the way. Also never underestimate the power of the ice cream break.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Yes! It will get better! When we picked up the van in Anchorage with the 5 year old we were pretty nervous about two weeks of driving with him. He did fine as long as we let him out regularly to burn off steam. Unfortunately he burned off steam head first into a rock 40 miles from the nearest hospital.... Just a few stitches and he was ready for the rest of the ride again!
Just after stitches, climbing under large metal vehicles, what could go wrong?!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
@Da Peach all I can say they get better with training. I have done a lot of long trips with the boys and they are getting really good at it. Did Miami and back without the wife this spring and it went really well. Normally my wife has all kinds of goodies and surprises along the way. Also never underestimate the power of the ice cream break.
Yeah, I'm not so worried about the 3 year old, it's more the 11 month old...

Perhaps some ice cream stops should be planned en-route...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Father in law got his hand caught in the table saw. Put his. Index finger on top of his ring finger, cut a few tendons and muscles, surgery ensued and looks to make full recovery. Does not appear to be any nerve damage so that is a plus

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Breakfast of multiple pears and peaches plus two mugs of coffee lead me to clenched cheek sprint to the porcelain gods. Instant relief and happiness.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Breakfast of multiple pears and peaches plus two mugs of coffee lead me to clenched cheek sprint to the porcelain gods. Instant relief and happiness.
Man... how many days in a row have you been eating stone fruits now?? You must be ready for a colonoscopy by now...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Man... how many days in a row have you been eating stone fruits now?? You must be ready for a colonoscopy by now...
The fresh fruit diet started in May, and won't stop until early November or whenever the first hard freeze hits. I am conditioned, been eating this diet most of my life.