Quantcast

Thursday GMT

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Father in law got his hand caught in the table saw. Put his. Index finger on top of his ring finger, cut a few tendons and muscles, surgery ensued and looks to make full recovery. Does not appear to be any nerve damage so that is a plus
That sux. He should invest in a Sawstop table saw. It electronically detects skin and can stop and drop the blade below the table 200 times faster than the human eye can blink.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
When we picked up the van in Anchorage with the 5 year old we were pretty nervous about two weeks of driving with him.
Two weeks on the road with a kid? I am impressed.
The fresh fruit diet started in May, and won't stop until early November or whenever the first hard freeze hits. I am conditioned, been eating this diet most of my life.
Keep in mind how well that "fruitatarian" diet worked for Steve Jobs...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yeah the whole thing smacked of great decision making. Buying a twin turbocharged Audi with 143k on the clock, that you need to take out a loan for? What could go wrong?
I recently test drove '13 supercharged 3.0 S4 ... I nearly fell victim to some 'bad decision making' myself.

Also, mid afternoon ... still got nuthin' (certainly not a broken nose!)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That sux. He should invest in a Sawstop table saw. It electronically detects skin and can stop and drop the blade below the table 200 time faster than the human eye can blink.

Those are pretty cool but the new Bosch Reaxx jobsite saws will get my money.
Similar price but doesn't roach the blade in case of contact and you get two 'stops' per activation cartridge vs one for the sawstop. Basically brings the cost of an Oops (whether finger, wet wood or embedded fasteners) down to $50 from $150 with the sawstop, cartridges will be more readily available and it's quicker/cheaper to get back to work.