Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
^

same here my ginger brother....minus sick kid.....pretty sure i am going to ihop.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hot damn am I tired today.

Last nights ride was great. We had 7 or 8 people out riding and the trails were bone dry, except in a few spots. I had the only injury of the night; during a minor pileup on some tight roots, I nutted myself on the top tube. What a glorious feeling.

Today will be taken slow and steady.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Looks like the kids riding their bikes the 4mi to school is ending for the year.
First I get a call from their schools saying they're concerned the boys are riding in low 20* temps, rain etc.
Zero Fucks given was my reply.

Today my son's sending me hate texts because the High Rollers on his bike absolutely covered him in mud on todays post-rain ride (they ride a rail trail).
Apparently this doesn't impress the girls at school.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looks like the kids riding their bikes the 4mi to school is ending for the year.
First I get a call from their schools saying they're concerned the boys are riding in low 20* temps, rain etc.
tell the school you're teaching them to "suck it up buttercup"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Today my son's sending me hate texts because the High Rollers on his bike absolutely covered him in mud on todays post-rain ride (they ride a rail trail).
Apparently he needs to hang around some other girls. :brows:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! My legs are tired and sore today. Running is stupid. Looks like the next two weeks are going to bring 50 degree temps. What the hell is going on??? More rides on the douchey tri bike!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I think I still have leg pump from my ride yesterday. My quads feel extra muscular! Last night I went to a Beer Angels/Homebrewers potluck. Lots of homebrews to taste...my favorite being a Berliner Weisse and it was REALLY good. I won some fancy glassess and a bottle of Russian River Brewing Supplication

Attachments

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

Fenders and a SIUP are in order?

I just accomplished the crucial highly American task of using Shutterfly promo codes. Holiday cards, a photo book, prints, etc. now coming to me at a steep discount.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

He should learn real soon that girls who don't like mud & dirt aint worth the time.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Metting with client went well especailly since this was part of the meeting...

That is Lida the Avy dog. She works at our local hill but is still a crazy puppy & prolly wont be fully trained for a while.

I move in a week and am looking forward to being back in the mountains.
Christ....i cant believe it is thursday already. x.X

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today I got to work at 8 and reflected on how awesome I am and then realized nothing I have already done can be improved upon and what I haven't done can be delegated so I left at 10. I'm not going to do anything worthwhile for the rest of the day. I don't need a nap because I get 8 solid hours of sleep every night and pooping is not an issue, I haven't been sick in years... it's just awesome being me. Maybe a beer before lunch is in order?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I move in a week and am looking forward to being back in the mountains.
Christ....i cant believe it is thursday already. x.X
How goes the change of scenery and no boozing?

Have an undiagnosed dislocated rib. Going on 4 weeks now. Coughing hurts, want the pain to go away. I suggested a chiropractor and my wife ridiculed me. My bro is suggesting physical therapy...

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
How goes the change of scenery and no boozing?

Have an undiagnosed dislocated rib. Going on 4 weeks now. Coughing hurts, want the pain to go away. I suggested a chiropractor and my wife ridiculed me. My bro is suggesting physical therapy...
pretty damn good actually.
When I was in Tahoe over the holiday I went to all my favorite spots & ate the bar in a few joints. I still had good conversations & a good time. Did I want a beer? You betcha' but mostly cuz there was deliscious beer EVERYWHERE.
I bonded wtih my bartender one nite about about not drinking. We both agreed that it takes a few weeks to really feel the benefit of stopping. It was cool to meet him.
I love bars & will not stop enjoying them & other drinking culture activities in life cuz I dont drink right now...I just wont drink at them.

So yeah, it is going a-ok. Getting over the emotional stress of a breakup was harder than the drinking bit.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I had displaced cartlidge in my ribcage for most of the ski season last year. shit hurt but there was nothing to do but tough it out. rib pain sucks.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I had displaced cartlidge in my ribcage for most of the ski season last year. shit hurt but there was nothing to do but tough it out. rib pain sucks.
Dude, shit hurts and suck it up... the storyofmylife. Did you rib pain subside when ski season ended?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Dude, shit hurts and suck it up... the storyofmylife. Did you rib pain subside when ski season ended?
naw sooner. my sports med doc didnt know shit. told me it would never heal. My PT friend told me that if I built the muscles up around the rib cage that would work everything out. I guess it did cuz I didnt stop skiing or climbing & it felt back to normal about 3 months later.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I had a bone bruise on a couple of ribs last year. It took about 8 weeks to heal. I went to a PT to help reduce stiffness and restore mobility between the ribs. Once I did that, it made the recovery progress exponentially. It was totally worth it, and it was only three visits I think.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
pretty damn good actually.
When I was in Tahoe over the holiday I went to all my favorite spots & ate the bar in a few joints. I still had good conversations & a good time. Did I want a beer? You betcha' but mostly cuz there was deliscious beer EVERYWHERE.
I bonded wtih my bartender one nite about about not drinking. We both agreed that it takes a few weeks to really feel the benefit of stopping. It was cool to meet him.
I love bars & will not stop enjoying them & other drinking culture activities in life cuz I dont drink right now...I just wont drink at them.

So yeah, it is going a-ok. Getting over the emotional stress of a breakup was harder than the drinking bit.

I'm just going to be blunt here; you're fucking up. Recovering alcoholics/addicts have absolutely no business being in bars. It almost always results in relapse. The temptation is far to great and you are way too new to sobriety to cope. In order to maintain abstinence from alcohol you have to completely disassociate yourself from it. This means you cannot continue to hang out with your drinking buddies or spend time in bars.

I'm not trying to be a dick, just giving it to you straight brother.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's meetings Thursday up in this bitch. Hope to duck out early for some bong shed and video games tonight while the lady is on a work trip. Although there was talk of some pool at the strip club tonight after work, so we'll see how things shape up.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm just going to be blunt here; you're fucking up. Recovering alcoholics/addicts have absolutely no business being in bars. It almost always results in relapse. The temptation is far to great and you are way too new to sobriety to cope. In order to maintain abstinence from alcohol you have to completely disassociate yourself from it. This means you cannot continue to hang out with your drinking buddies or spend time in bars.

I could see giving up drinking, but going to juice only strip clubs is for the serious perverts (dancers are typically 18 and look WAY younger). So if I had to give up both, it would be a no-go.

<edit> But I totally see your point. Like being a non-smoker and hanging out in the bong shed making everyone else nervous. :rofl:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

no, i get it.
'preciate the straight-forwardness.
I won't have any disposable income once I move, so it will be easy to avoid these situations. -__-
One thing I have learned recently...I am great at making excuses & have always had a pocket full of great excuses to celebrate with many beers but now I have realized that I have just as many excuses not to celebrate the way I used to.

Again, thanks for your thoughts.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I could see giving up drinking, but going to juice only strip clubs is for the serious perverts (dancers are typically 18 and look WAY younger). So if I had to give up both, it would be a no-go.

<edit> But I totally see your point. Like being a non-smoker and hanging out in the bong shed making everyone else nervous. :rofl:
A juice bar strip club would be like a live Southpark episode... at a bar called The Juice Box.

GET IT?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
no, i get it.
'preciate the straight-forwardness.
I won't have any disposable income once I move, so it will be easy to avoid these situations. -__-
One thing I have learned recently...I am great at making excuses & have always had a pocket full of great excuses to celebrate with many beers but now I have realized that I have just as many excuses not to celebrate the way I used to.

Again, thanks for your thoughts.
Still a really bad idea.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
the next time a dick bag runs a red light he can print a series of stills and send them to the offender with yuletide greetings...
I will save the still-prints for court dates. With any luck what I capture will make me a YouTube dozen-aire. I've already earned $100 from my videos' ad revenue… over a period of about 10 years. :D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
A juice bar strip club would be like a live Southpark episode... at a bar called The Juice Box.

GET IT?
There was a club downtown called "Temptations" (I need to see what it is now) that was on my route when I did Navy Shore Patrol during Fleet Week. It was a juice bar, so squids who were under 21 had a place they could go, so we also had to go. There were a few squids spotted when we did rounds, but the bulk of clientele were 50+ year old white dudes. It was a wicked creepy vibe in there, but the owner gave us free drinks. :rofl:

<edit> I'm not 100% sure, but I think the rule was you had to be at least 17 to be a dancer. Oregon clubs are full nude, just sayin. And that wasn't/isn't the only juice bar in Portland, sad but true. Portland has no shortage of strip clubs, so if you have a "thing" there is likely a club for you to check that out.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Today I got to work at 8 and reflected on how awesome I am and then realized nothing I have already done can be improved upon and what I haven't done can be delegated so I left at 10. I'm not going to do anything worthwhile for the rest of the day. I don't need a nap because I get 8 solid hours of sleep every night and pooping is not an issue, I haven't been sick in years... it's just awesome being me. Maybe a beer before lunch is in order?
SM?