Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies - I am up temporarily due to a heavy hail storm making impossible to sleep, started out as quater size and working its way up, so 30 minutes of solid hail. Cars will be dented.

EDIT:

Posted 7 minutes ago
A Severe Thunderstorm Warning remains in effect until 1:30 AM MDT for Northeastern Cascade County. At 12:43 AM MDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Great Falls. Moving Southeast at 20 mph.

Hazard, ping pong ball size hail.

Source, trained Weather spotters.

Impact: people and animals Outdoors will be injured. Expect damage to roofs, siding, Windows, and vehicles.

Locations impacted include: Great Falls, Black Eagle, Stockett, Malmstrom Afb, Tracy. Centerville and sand Coulee.

Numerous Reports of hail up to ping pong size hail falling across much of the city of Great Falls.

Hail, 1.50IN Wind, <50MPH.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
We had those when the family went camping in the 70s.

Also - hail and rain have stopped, my roof drain clogged with hail so I had to go up and keep it clear for the 10 minutes it took to drain.

Back to bed.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Busy day here...taxi tall one to gymnastics team camp, return unwanted items from last shopping trip (couldn't decide and tall one is particular so bought both), eye apts for small one and myself, picnic lunch after picking up tall one and driving to dealership to have warranty recall on truck completed, then tall one & sq-Earl to eye apt then home to make dinner & drink a beer or 3

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Thursday is bikes in the woods day. I like bikes in the woods day. There will be beer as well.

My favorite local beer was back in stock for a day this week. 5 local stores got a case each. All gone by the end of the day. Crazy how well the craft beer marketing machine works. Make a product that people want and make very little of it. Announce when it will be available in your area on social media. Charge a premium price and watch it fly off the shelves. I did score 2 4 packs. So tasty.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Parents are in town. Taking Haley to the Nature and Science museum today. They have a planetarium and one of the shows they have is a 'trip through space'. Haley is 100% sure that she goes to space each time we watch the show. Going to watch that again and possibly another space tour show.

Got the Infiniti yesterday evening. Wifey has confirmed that we are keeping the Subie, so I now have a winter car to pair with the M. We are now those neighbors with two luxury cars in the driveway. I have to chuckle about it. I never thought I'd end up as those neighbors.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Crazy summer continues. Mother in law called that the little one had just thrown a rock through the rear window of a Mercedes and the boys were fighting so much they can not handle them. So now we have to cancel our vacation in Main and wife has to fly home early and pick up the kids. God damn kids. Daddy is angry :rant:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I choose this thread even though I liked the title of the other one better.

today is thursday. it's bike night. but I'm tired. I woke up on my own at 5:40 am. why does that happen? I'll still bike, after all, we're starting at a lake. maybe I'll grab beer on the way there.

it's overcast and looks like its gonna rain, but the weather forecast says no rain.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Crazy summer continues. Mother in law called that the little one had just thrown a rock through the rear window of a Mercedes and the boys were fighting so much they can not handle them. So now we have to cancel our vacation in Main and wife has to fly home early and pick up the kids. God damn kids. Daddy is angry :rant:
oh fuck. is this what I have in store? fuck fuckity fuck fuck. sorry to hear it man.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thursday is bikes in the woods day. I like bikes in the woods day. There will be beer as well.

My favorite local beer was back in stock for a day this week. 5 local stores got a case each. All gone by the end of the day. Crazy how well the craft beer marketing machine works. Make a product that people want and make very little of it. Announce when it will be available in your area on social media. Charge a premium price and watch it fly off the shelves. I did score 2 4 packs. So tasty.
what beer?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Parents are in town. Taking Haley to the Nature and Science museum today. They have a planetarium and one of the shows they have is a 'trip through space'. Haley is 100% sure that she goes to space each time we watch the show. Going to watch that again and possibly another space tour show.

Got the Infiniti yesterday evening. Wifey has confirmed that we are keeping the Subie, so I now have a winter car to pair with the M. We are now those neighbors with two luxury cars in the driveway. I have to chuckle about it. I never thought I'd end up as those neighbors.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
dang. that sucks. props to the mother in law for even trying tho . . . my parents couldn't handle both of our boys together for more than an hour or two. individually they're fine, but when they're together they're a PITA. my mother in law will watch them sometimes, but she just lets them veg out on screen time the whole time.

mods: new custom title for cbj: "angry daddy"?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is the third Coleman stove I've bought in a thrift store for under $15 in the last 2 months...

Clearly I have a problem...
My wife kept saying "We need to buy a camp stove" and I kept telling her she had a new one in the box in the garage. We nearly ended up with 3, but she does have a problem. :rofl:

But that is a good deal, damn.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Should be an interesting day today, yay.

@stoney While we don't have lux cars, I am that neighbor that has 2 cars in the driveway and a truck out front because nothing will fit in my 2 car garage packed with toys and tools. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Work would be so much easier if it didn't involve dealing with staffing issues and instead just comprised of the doing work part...

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Need to go ride bike. "Back to school night" has totally effed up my afternoon. :mad:

Stepson went to help fight the San Berdu fire. Apparently, it's only 4% contained.
That's a scary fire. +10000 acres in 24 hours.
"Chaparral, brush and tall grass. Active fire behavior with uphill runs and short-range spotting. Numerous structures threatened. Road, area and trail closures in effect."