Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Got the Infiniti yesterday evening. Wifey has confirmed that we are keeping the Subie, so I now have a winter car to pair with the M. We are now those neighbors with two luxury cars in the driveway. I have to chuckle about it. I never thought I'd end up as those neighbors.
Never thought I'd hear a Nissan referred to as a luxury car.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We are now those neighbors with two luxury cars in the driveway.
This seems like a bad idea given that you get hail regularly.

Never thought I'd hear a Nissan referred to as a luxury car.
Renault, no less.

As for me, I'm at work like usual. Rolled in at 8:05 in my riding clothes, and the chairman (on with me today) didn't raise an eyebrow, just asked how the ride was.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
As for me, I'm at work like usual. Rolled in at 8:05 in my riding clothes, and the chairman (on with me today) didn't raise an eyebrow, just asked how the ride was.
It's Colorado, man... how long it gonna take you?

If you had come in with riding clothes and a J hanging out ya mouth... he probably would at least raise ONE eyebrow. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When either my girlfriend or I have her car (Toyota) or one of my vehicles at her parents place, it's among 3 Mercedes.

We keep it real.
Totally. We looked at a Highlander, but the only one with blind spot warning was the top level. It was more than the Infiniti. Not a hard proposition.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
They do offer one with a diesel, though. I have never been a fan of the small GM trucks (minus the syclone of course), but a small diesel would be a nice option in the US.
My exception to that vehicle is in no way related to it being a Chevy, a Colorado, its power train or being located in Colorado. Moreso it being a custom "Tacoma Eater" special edition.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My exception to that vehicle is in no way related to it being a Chevy, a Colorado, its power train or being located in Colorado. Moreso it being a custom "Tacoma Eater" special edition.
I just think they are nasty. :rofl:

I have hadt 5 different Toyota trucks (all 85-93). They were amazing, but for me Toyota got too far away from where they started. All but 2 of my trucks were base model "DX" 4cyl manuals with no frills. I added all the frills I needed. You can't find anything like that in a Tacoma, they are all optioned out. And don't get me started on the Taco "Pre-runner" :panic:

<edit> I didn't see the graphics the first time. Wow.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
T minus 3 hours to 3 day weekend. Finally try to get back on the bike after the great nut cut. Also been looking at cheap cars to drive to work. Been doing some maths lately and I think a better mileage car payment could easily pay for itself instead of getting 11 mpg in my Tundra. Might go look at something like a Leaf since I could charge for free at work during the day, but not sure I've lost that much dignity yet.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
For California + commute EV, why not a leased Fiat 500e?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
This is the third Coleman stove I've bought in a thrift store for under $15 in the last 2 months...

Clearly I have a problem...
FB_IMG_1471555349587.jpg
Wednesdays breakfast was made on this ole boy

Crazy summer continues. Mother in law called that the little one had just thrown a rock through the rear window of a Mercedes and the boys were fighting so much they can not handle them. So now we have to cancel our vacation in Main and wife has to fly home early and pick up the kids. God damn kids. Daddy is angry :rant:
When I was a boy, grandma/grandpa would never call mom and dad to rwturn off vacation if my brothers and I got out of hand... They went outside, got a switch, and taught us what happened when we acted like this

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
For California + commute EV, why not a leased Fiat 500e?
That's what I'm going to look into. I probably spend about $400 a month in gas right now. More when I go riding or other long drives where I don't necessarily need my truck, but it's my only vehicle. I'd just get a motorcycle, but with two kids and different daycares, not really an option...

They have some good deals on the Fiats?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I've heard they have screaming lease deals now and then. 500e would be too small if kid hauling is part of its duties. LEAF (or Focus Electric or Soul EV or even a Spark EV--various and sundry options abound) will work if they're front facing. i3 is similarly too small.

I had the electrician put in a 50A 240V outlet in the garage when we built our house. I then installed our Leviton 40A EVSE there. That plus our RAV4 EV are all we realistically need. My Land Cruiser is there because I like it, mainly. :D

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'm going to look into it some more. Also just considering something like a super basic Ford Fiesta. But it definitely needs to haul one or two kids.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm going to look into it some more. Also just considering something like a super basic Ford Fiesta. But it definitely needs to haul one or two kids.
Dodge Omni GLHS at Monterey this weekend. :D

GLHS = goes like hell s'more :rofl: Carol Shelbys personal ride, no less.

<edit> Sorry, ever since I saw the "highlight" of it this morning, I've been dying to post it.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
View attachment 123130
When I was a boy, grandma/grandpa would never call mom and dad to rwturn off vacation if my brothers and I got out of hand... They went outside, got a switch, and taught us what happened when we acted like this
Yep.
My dad was same way, until the day I'd grown enough to tell him we were past that point.
*I've never hit my kids

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@Full Trucker you clearly have better thrift stores than I do
Also picked up this bad larry...

There were several other super neat old's cool items that kind of indicated maybe someone donated grandpa's garage after he passed. Thinking I might go back and pick up a pair of jack stands, steel truck/car ramps, and a single-burner Coleman stove. Based on the design of the stickers on all these items, I'd date everything from the 50s or 60s.

#creeper

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
This guy I was friends with in Jr High showed up at my house. I put him to work cutting up Peppers and Cabbage. I bought him a Ribeye because he ain't got no moneys Beer is gone and now I have to walk to the store and get more. I rode my bike. In fact both of them. The Lemond is awesome on days like this.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Also picked up this bad larry...

There were several other super neat old's cool items that kind of indicated maybe someone donated grandpa's garage after he passed. Thinking I might go back and pick up a pair of jack stands, steel truck/car ramps, and a single-burner Coleman stove. Based on the design of the stickers on all these items, I'd date everything from the 50s or 60s.

#creeper
If you don't, let me know as I want some jack stands.