Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hey look! Another 5am wake-up! Guess I'll go study while eating breakfast.

UPS is saying Monday for Haley's bike. Going to spend parts of this wknd putting together a list of things to do for her bike once it gets here (mostly tune-up). I should be able to rebuild the Yeti for Wifey and sell the crappy Trek that she's been using while Haley had her fork. Also need to get the DJ ready for sale. Might sell the 16" too, as it's 1yr+ for Hannah and coaster brake, while her Raleigh (12") and Trek (small 20") are both free wheel.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had the normal contractor rage yesterday which always happens as they always do stupid shit. The price you pay when you self manage a project and try to keep cost down.

At least I had a good bike ride last night.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm a little tired this morning after a 13 mile MTB ride after work yesterday. Three other dudes and three chicks...the guys were all faster than me and I had to work to keep up with their casual pace. I kept right up for the 13 miles but it was a workout. Good times. I'll go out for a run this morning after a couple of work meetings.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. tired. rode last night, but legs didn't feel like they had a lot of "go" in them. kids keep waking me up in the middle of the night. also, apparently someone tried to access my FB account overnight, two factor authentication prevented that. password updated.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Woke up and looked at the clock. 0320 and the alarm didn't go off. Started rushing around to get dressed and on the road then it dawned on me. It's Thursday, I don't have to get up until 5 am DOH....fucking went back to bed.

so wake up #2 is going much smoother.... supposed to hit 110 today, It's gonna suck out there

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Woke up at 4:10. Was hoping to get a ride in at 5. Knew I wasn't going to get back to sleep easily, so I killed my alarm and hopes of the ride. I guess I'll rest and ride tomorrow.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Christ almighty. I guess it's easy for me to forget what an outlier my little hometown airport is. What an unholy shit show DEN is. On top of security theatre we now have COVID theatre. This travel experience has already put a big dent in my incredibly small opinion of humanity and we haven't even gotten on a fucking airplane yet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Christ almighty. I guess it's easy for me to forget what an outlier my little hometown airport is. What an unholy shit show DEN is. On top of security theatre we now have COVID theatre. This travel experience has already put a big dent in my incredibly small opinion of humanity and we haven't even gotten on a fucking airplane yet.
i would suggest morning whiskey

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ordered chrome buran 3 and some camera cubes for the trip....going to try and turn it into a camera bag...waiting on a old minolta lens to show up and a fuji gfx lens to show up...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Had the normal contractor rage yesterday which always happens as they always do stupid shit. The price you pay when you self manage a project and try to keep cost down.

At least I had a good bike ride last night.
no rage for me so far. Every sub has been top notch!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tis Thursderp. Have not been feeling myself (or maybe it is myself? :brow: ) this week. No motivation for anything, feel tired and generally down. Blah.

Hoping to get out for a nice relaxing and fun ride tonight. Maybe that'll at least make me forget about shit? Or maybe my Shimano brakes will give out and it'll just compound the bad mood.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is iron the element at which stars go explodey, because it can no longer fuse the atoms?
Yes, atomic weights below iron produce energy during fusion, above iron it requires energy. So when shit starts to turn into iron in the core of a star it stops producing energy and gravity wins the tug of war with temperature and it collapses. The gravitational energy of the collapse then can create the heavier elements.

Or something like that.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I work today. What's more, I didn't forget that I was supposed to work and showed up on time today!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
semi working. semi doing shit for wife's bday. semi getting stuff ready for vacation departure. may also have a beer in hand. really wish there was riding happening, because it's fucking gorgeous out. oh well.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The best is yet to come then! :D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Edison has issued a Flex alert, if we don't cut our power usage they're going to shut it down, but only after 5:00PM, what kinda bullshit are they up to? No chance of getting out of work early, and every chance of the AC being off when I get home.

Solid chance I'm sleeping in the trailer tonight since my generator will run that AC like a champ.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Edison has issued a Flex alert, if we don't cut our power usage they're going to shut it down, but only after 5:00PM, what kinda bullshit are they up to? No chance of getting out of work early, and every chance of the AC being off when I get home.

Solid chance I'm sleeping in the trailer tonight since my generator will run that AC like a champ.
wtf kind of BS is that

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Strange - I traveled via DIA a couple weeks back and things were smoove both going & coming back. We *did* depart early in the morning and return late in the evening... so maybe that's the difference.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Road ride last night, 2nd of the season, legs did good. Downhill headwind made the ride up seem easier than downwards...

Couple of late nights planned, had saturday work to do, but have to be done before Saturday now...