Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
wtf kind of BS is that
Extreme utility fuckery is always afoot around here. I got a letter from them encouraging me to buy an EV and a separate one encouraging me to join they're voluntary shut down program to reduce my electrical usage on the same day a couple weeks back. Do they want me to use more power, or less? Both?

At least they've banned gas appliances in new homes, that will surely reduce demand on the grid.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Edison has issued a Flex alert, if we don't cut our power usage they're going to shut it down, but only after 5:00PM, what kinda bullshit are they up to? No chance of getting out of work early, and every chance of the AC being off when I get home.

Solid chance I'm sleeping in the trailer tonight since my generator will run that AC like a champ.
These are the ERCOT (Texas) current recommended AC temps, everyone loves 82 freedums at night!

E38kI1_XEAIks5i.jpg

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Extreme utility fuckery is always afoot around here. I got a letter from them encouraging me to buy an EV and a separate one encouraging me to join they're voluntary shut down program to reduce my electrical usage on the same day a couple weeks back. Do they want me to use more power, or less? Both?

At least they've banned gas appliances in new homes, that will surely reduce demand on the grid.
These are the ERCOT (Texas) current recommended AC temps, everyone loves 82 freedums at night!

View attachment 161388

*Enron has entered the chat*

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got a soft offer (unsolicited) on Wifey's Pilot for $43k. We paid $48k 3yrs ago. That's effectively zero loss of value - $166/m usage fee, if you will. She really, REALLY wants to get her Q7 and the math says with that offer I can do it with no issues... Hmm...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just got a soft offer (unsolicited) on Wifey's Pilot for $43k. We paid $48k 3yrs ago. That's effectively zero loss of value - $166/m usage fee, if you will. She really, REALLY wants to get her Q7 and the math says with that offer I can do it with no issues... Hmm...
my wife was curious what she could get for her outback..... she tried carvana and it was $10k more than what we owe on it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
best interior in those is the almost chocolate brown leather with baseball like stitching...if it is still offered....
That made it across the Audi lineup, not just on the OG TT?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That made it across the Audi lineup, not just on the OG TT?

i have seen it in Q7's for sale on the web on occasion....older brother test drove a couple used with that interior at various times....the only interior he is interested in...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
that baseball stitching is sweet. I do like the 'quilted' sport seats in their S series cars too.
1623964286030.png

BUT! BUT! this excludes you from having air conditioned seats. I mean, seriously, how can you even drive like that?
:fancy:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
*Enron has entered the chat*
At least Enron was actually trying to fuck everything up, it was understandable when things got bad, this is utility companies and government doing their best.

On the up side, they haven't dropped a line and burned down an entire town, that's the other Ca power company, Edison has only burned down parts of towns.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I wonder how the aperture even opens 48 mm in it. :think:
The Canon RF glass got lighter and smaller for the 70-200 2.8 but the 15-35 has become a beast compared to the EF. So mix and match it is.
i can set the gfx 50R to a 35mm crop....

RF glass is fucking insane as far as price...except for the 800mm f11 and the 600 mm f11....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
RF glass is fucking insane as far as price...except for the 800mm f11 and the 600 mm f11....
They had the Canon + X deal where you could get discounts when you bought a body. Were pretty good deals. And the lenses perform phenomenal.
The 800 is such a fun lense. I was sceptical because of F11, but the reach is hard to beat.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Holy sh*t, signing into law and requiring a holiday on the very next day is a nightmare and screws up a lot. Everyone’s been running around with their head cut off and trying to figure out how to handle people taking classes and doing temporary stuff when they have travel plans. Didn’t get done till 7:30 and now I have a holiday in Texas

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No difference than her Honda. Point?

I'm driving my Subaru to death because the minor increase in mileage (1mpg) vs. current models doesn't offset enough the cost of making a new one and shipping it across the ocean. We are far more efficient than the average Americans. Are we perfect? No. Have we done everything possible to keep our house efficient? Yes, but still need to add solar. We recycle everything we can. We reuse everything we can. We hand down everything possible and share things to keep things from unnecessarily ending up in dumps. Our helping reduce production and ocean shipping will do far more than a slight increase in CO2 from driving.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you really are trying to out-stupid me when it comes to cars, aren't you?
I think I've just accepted that Wifey's car will be leased going forward. I cannot win this battle that she regularly wants something new.