Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
No difference than her Honda. Point?

I'm driving my Subaru to death because the minor increase in mileage (1mpg) vs. current models doesn't offset enough the cost of making a new one and shipping it across the ocean. We are far more efficient than the average Americans. Are we perfect? No. Have we done everything possible to keep our house efficient? Yes, but still need to add solar. We recycle everything we can. We reuse everything we can. We hand down everything possible and share things to keep things from unnecessarily ending up in dumps. Our helping reduce production and ocean shipping will do far more than a slight increase in CO2 from driving.
Yeah I’m sorry to be a dick about it. I am close to the science on a daily basis and I just get quite frustrated in the face of everything that is happening when anyone wants to continue to invest in dinotech or respond to issues that are caused by our stupid with more of the same.

Could you persuade her towards a model X or something? A new one that you sell on shortly means another EV on the second hand market, that’s a pretty good good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah I’m sorry to be a dick about it. I am close to the science on a daily basis and I just get quite frustrated in the face of everything that is happening when anyone wants to continue to invest in dinotech or respond to issues that are caused by our stupid with more of the same.

Could you persuade her towards a model X or something? A new one that you sell on shortly means another EV on the second hand market, that’s a pretty good good.
If it makes you feel any better I'm in my late 30s and only on car #2

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well, weather in Denver was apparently garbage, so we flew around Nebraska for a bit before hitting our fuel minimum and having to detour to God's land with @Pesqueeb. Landing was...rough.. Hopefully it's just some fuel and paperwork and we'll be on our way again.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Given we'll likely lease, next round will be electric, or at least hybrid. And our garage doesn't have width or height for the doors on a Model X. I might be able to get her into a hybrid Volvo, but she's wanted a Q7 for a long time. There are some battles that you just cannot win. I will however get her into the 2L turbo vs 3.6L NA.

When it is truly time to replace the Forester, in probably 5 years, I'll be getting an electric, AWD wagon. They should be far more available by then. But again, that is not now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
They had the Canon + X deal where you could get discounts when you bought a body. Were pretty good deals. And the lenses perform phenomenal.
The 800 is such a fun lense. I was sceptical because of F11, but the reach is hard to beat.
fuji had a 500.00 rebate going on with 2 or 3 different gfx lenses for awhile and those lenses are out of stock just about everywhere...lucky to snag a 45-100 used that was in the states and not in japan...

if i did not likey fuji cameras....i would go with canon....can not get behind sony...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hey @stoney Can you not get the Audi e-tron 55 in the US? That thing is a beast, I have been in one. Has the coolest wing mirrors too. Very similar to the Q5/7.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hey @stoney Can you not get the Audi e-tron 55 in the US? That thing is a beast, I have been in one. Has the coolest wing mirrors too. Very similar to the Q5/7.
I could try. The lack of third row is an issue. Though I could make a very valid argument regarding the true need for a third row given current usage levels. Just hard with Hannah's seat, three adults (Me, Wifey, MIL1), and Haley for regular driving. Hannah's seat takes up 1.5 seats worth of space and won't be out of it for another 1+ year. Also this re: range calculations: "Cold weather: 'worst-case' based on -10°C and use of heating." That's at relatively normal temps when going over Berthoud all while gaining 5k' in climb over mtn. Obviously you get that back and will recharge on the way back down, but it is disconcerting given there is no easy access to charging at Winter Park.

If they had an e-Tron 77, that would be just great...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
no easy access to charging at Winter Park
Doesn't make day trips easier necessarily but recall that I have a 10 kW level 2 EVSE in my Tabernash house now. You're welcome to stop by to top up if it's not a weekend it's renting out, which wouldn't make sense if you're up there for Devo, too.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Holy sh*t, signing into law and requiring a holiday on the very next day is a nightmare and screws up a lot. Everyone’s been running around with their head cut off and trying to figure out how to handle people taking classes and doing temporary stuff when they have travel plans. Didn’t get done till 7:30 and now I have a holiday in Texas