Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife wants a hot tub so we have been in the process of getting that for going on a month now. See, most folks just buy the thing and set it up, but my wife does things by the book as so she went to the town to get the approvals. First we needed an electrical permit, which we figured we'd need. Then we needed a building permit. And we discovered our property is a designated wetlands area, which means we need this to get approved by the wetlands commission, which is also needed for the building permit to go through. To get the wetlands approval, the commission first needed to put it on their monthly agenda for discussion, and then it goes onto the next month's agenda again for final approval. So once we get the wetlands approval, that'll move the building permit approval forward, and then we can finally start the actual process of getting the project going. Jesus Fucking Christ. The town also wanted us to get a plumbing permit but Wife explained to them that it wasn't needed and they agreed to that.

The wetlands approval is good for five years so I'll need to get the deck replaced in that time so we don't have to go through that bullshit again.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife wants a hot tub so we have been in the process of getting that for going on a month now. See, most folks just buy the thing and set it up, but my wife does things by the book as so she went to the town to get the approvals. First we needed an electrical permit, which we figured we'd need. Then we needed a building permit. And we discovered our property is a designated wetlands area, which means we need this to get approved by the wetlands commission, which is also needed for the building permit to go through. To get the wetlands approval, the commission first needed to put it on their monthly agenda for discussion, and then it goes onto the next month's agenda again for final approval. So once we get the wetlands approval, that'll move the building permit approval forward, and then we can finally start the actual process of getting the project going. Jesus Fucking Christ. The town also wanted us to get a plumbing permit but Wife explained to them that it wasn't needed and they agreed to that.

The wetlands approval is good for five years so I'll need to get the deck replaced in that time so we don't have to go through that bullshit again.
what brands are you looking at? are you putting it on a deck or pouring a concrete pad?

also, i will mention we got ours on sale during black friday weekend. the amount we saved on the tub itself paid for most of the install.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
what brands are you looking at? are you putting it on a deck or pouring a concrete pad?

also, i will mention we got ours on sale during black friday weekend. the amount we saved on the tub itself paid for most of the install.
We have a deposit on a Bullfrog, purchased as part of a Labor Day sale. We are using padding on top of stone dust instead of concrete.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I feel your pain. Our property has some wetlands designation, owing to seasonal vernal pools, which means I can't even take down the rotting and on the verge of toppling trees without going in front of a town commission, which seems stupid. So who knows, maybe those trees will just happen to fall over, hopefully not on the house, some day?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just checked it out

View attachment 182531

judging by its “difficulty rating” it will be on the bottom of the list but still looks pretty fun. I am working to nail all the more difficult trails first.
Yeah - it's not too technical. Rumor has it the stretch from Stony Pass rd up to Beartown is rougher than the Silverton side of Stony (which was actually pretty "smooth" when we were up there). But beautiful country, and probably will be quite deserted this time of year.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Yeah - it's not too technical. Rumor has it the stretch from Stony Pass rd up to Beartown is rougher than the Silverton side of Stony (which was actually pretty "smooth" when we were up there). But beautiful country, and probably will be quite deserted this time of year.
I may hit it just to have a return route from one of the other trails instead of hitting the hard ball

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You do already owe me a nickel, and if you were betting me about Vinny having cruise then you now owe me two.
@6thElement where's my nickel?
I was betting against @stoney stating cruise for Kansas and me stating Vinny likely doesn't have it.

But from your answer I'm not sure if you're saying yes it does or no it doesn't :confused:

I think I need some nickels, anyone willing to swap for some UK coinage? :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was betting against @stoney stating cruise for Kansas and me stating Vinny likely doesn't have it.

But from your answer I'm not sure if you're saying yes it does or no it doesn't :confused:

I think I need some nickels, anyone willing to swap for some UK coinage? :D

I have some yen I would happily swap.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm thinking if @Pesqueeb hasn't posted in the next couple of hours the bees/wasps got him :(

Free GG Smash up on Kenosha for whoever finds him!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
listened to interview of pilot tasked with flying through ian for weather service...

think of your worst experience with airplane turbulence....

multiply it by 100...

multiple people on flight losing control of faculties....

nope....nope...nope....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'm thinking if @Pesqueeb hasn't posted in the next couple of hours the bees/wasps got him :(

Free GG Smash up on Kenosha for whoever finds him!
There were bees in abundance and a surprising number of wasps. Must have been a good year for them.

I also got snowed on briefly. I'd considered going to the top of Georgia Pass but noped out with the wind and light flurries. The end is nigh!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Eyes have been bothering me. Getting old enough that I thought glasses may be in order. Went to the eye doctor and it turns out that I am still awesome. Probably just now that the sun is low in the sky and no cloud cover has caused eye fatigue from every piece of glass and shiny doo-dad reflecting the sun back in your face.