Quantcast

>><>>.... Thursday GTM no hot sauce >>><<<>.......

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just realized the movers did not allow my wife to pack my hot sauce. I had several different kinds include some special secret santa sauce I got last year - total bummer.

Trying to work from home today. Hopefully that will help me focus.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Just realized the movers did not allow my wife to pack my hot sauce. I had several different kinds include some special secret santa sauce I got last year - total bummer.

I can send you some franks if needed...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Nothing motivates you better to clean the flat before the gf comes back like an exploding jar of that new pickle recipe you have been working on. The jar is fine but now I know I need to open it more often than once a day to let the air out in the early stages. Thankfully the flat no longer smells like honey, mustard and garlic.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning fine Monkies. I am headed to Bozeman to meet @TreeSaw and @Montna biker for a week or so of bumming around in the woods of Southwest Montana. I have not campered for 7 days straight since the summer of 2004, as it's car camping I have decided to bring the spare down duvet. Why zip yourself up in a bag if you don't have too?

Go ride your bikes, all your excuses ran out last week.... )

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

Karma for asymmetry, what else can you expect when you so consistently violate the laws of ballance? Did you think you woildn't pay? Did you not notice the Lizards taking names and jotting down notes? May FSM have mercy on your soul.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Nothing motivates you better to clean the flat before the gf comes back like an exploding jar of that new pickle recipe you have been working on. The jar is fine but now I know I need to open it more often than once a day to let the air out in the early stages. Thankfully the flat no longer smells like honey, mustard and garlic.
I loves me some hot mustard pickles, did not know they were initially explosive.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I loves me some hot mustard pickles, did not know they were initially explosive.
If you fill too much off the jar yeah they are since the gases have to get out somehow and if you don't open it often enough they built up.

I now want to pickle buckwheat for a version of regional polish soup and do beetroots pickled in buttermilk but I need to find real buttermilk not the mass produced BS.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! A little tired this morning. Rain incoming tomorrow so will try to ride haahd this evening.
Now gotta survive a bi-weekly executive briefing from hell. :dead:

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Try making your own if you do not have access to sufficient hot sauce.

Also happy Friday eve!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Karma for asymmetry, what else can you expect when you so consistently violate the laws of ballance? Did you think you woildn't pay? Did you not notice the Lizards taking names and jotting down notes? May FSM have mercy on your soul.
I see it clearly now. My foolish asymmetry caused the loss of my hot sauce.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Good ride last night. The skies opened up when we got to the top of the downhill so we were treated to slick as snot wooden bridges on the way down + gobs of rocks and roots that pitched you sideways. I definitely though I was going down hard after losing a pedal hucking off a rock into a chunky chute, alas I recovered nicely with only a wee bit of pooping. On the plus side the dirt portions were good and tacky.

Older guy decided to join us for the downhill portion of our journey and proceeded to wreck himself; luckily for him it was before we got to the really steep part. He gets an award for being the first guy I've seen whip out a jar of DMSO from his riding pack and spread it all over the swollen area.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I suppose I should drag my ass out of bed. The girls dressed themselves this morning (matching dressing as they are wont to do) and I pointed them downstairs in the direction of my own mother. Time to don the riding gear and spin slowly to work.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I got here at 6:13 yesterday and the lot was full, 6:05 today and I got the end space. I got a bus pass for September and I have a few books to read, so I won't have to get up quite so early.

Put the dog pole on the RM7 last night and took the pooch for a ride in the hood. The pole works really well on the big bike. After a few more trips to Gateway, I think she will be ready for Stub. Also got a discount from the PetSmart for all 3 dog classes (intro, medium, advanced) and the wife wants to be the lead. I totally support it as the dog listens to me already. :rofl:

Way too many meetings today, ugh.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin!

Good ride last night. The skies opened up when we got to the top of the downhill so we were treated to slick as snot wooden bridges on the way down + gobs of rocks and roots that pitched you sideways. I definitely though I was going down hard after losing a pedal hucking off a rock into a chunky chute, alas I recovered nicely with only a wee bit of pooping. On the plus side the dirt portions were good and tacky.

Older guy decided to join us for the downhill portion of our journey and proceeded to wreck himself; luckily for him it was before we got to the really steep part. He gets an award for being the first guy I've seen whip out a jar of DMSO from his riding pack and spread it all over the swollen area.
Where?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Try making your own if you do not have access to sufficient hot sauce.

Also happy Friday eve!
I got a 3 month intro to Fuego Box hot sauce of the month club. It was an interesting concept and I got 3 really good sauces, but they wanted $12/month + $5 shipping for one bottle. Looking at the site, the bottles I got were $7 each. So they change you $12 plus ship to grab a random bottle off the shelf, or you can pick your own for half price. Get 6 bottles and shipping is free. :rofl:

And they asked why I canceled after the 3 month trial. But they do have an awesome selection of sauces on the site, but I didn't price check.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Good morning fine Monkies. I am headed to Bozeman to meet @TreeSaw and @Montna biker for a week or so of bumming around in the woods of Southwest Montana. I have not campered for 7 days straight since the summer of 2004, as it's car camping I have decided to bring the spare down duvet. Why zip yourself up in a bag if you don't have too?

Go ride your bikes, all your excuses ran out last week.... )
If you all come across a fellow that appears to be stacking parts of the forest into what looks like a lean to shelter/hunting blind stop and say hello.

I will have on cheap Walmart camo pants and a red t shirt.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
two dumps today that i did not instigate.....something bad is afoot...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I can't believe how much shit I accomplished yesterday with nobody else in the house. Gotta do more ///motorcycle tear down, but I need to go to the hangar and get more tools. The thought of going down there on my day off may keep it from happening. Maybe Imma ride a bike today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
:wave:

I can't believe how much shit I accomplished yesterday with nobody else in the house. Gotta do more ///motorcycle tear down, but I need to go to the hangar and get more tools. The thought of going down there on my day off may keep it from happening. Maybe Imma ride a bike today.
Any guess what's wrong with it?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Older guy decided to join us for the downhill portion of our journey and proceeded to wreck himself;
Good to know it wasn't @Nick.

Seeing the ortho today. Swelling has gone down a lot, but it's still numb and tingly, clicking when I walk, and hurts to walk down stairs. Ugh. Planning on climbing again tonight (on rope, easy routes), assuming I'm allowed to.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

The humidity is back...I've missed you, my friend.

Pulled the carburetor off the mower last night to see if I could pinpoint the problem of it running so rough all of a sudden. After changing oil, fuel, fuel filter, spark plug, air filter, I was gradually narrowing down what it could be.

As soon as I got the bowl off the bottom, it was pretty clear that the float needle wasn't supposed to be lying sideways at the bottom of it. Well....I was anticipating a 4-beer job for diagnosing the problem, and 2 for fixing it. I only got through one for both parts.....so I drank the other 5 in celebration.

I did an intimidation lap around the yard just to show the grass what's up.

Go out there and be cool to each other.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Any locals want to ride with me on Saturday? 10:30 or so late start--wife is exercising in the morning so I am child care. I was thinking of trying Blue Grouse.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Any locals want to ride with me on Saturday? 10:30 or so late start--wife is exercising in the morning so I am child care. I was thinking of trying Blue Grouse.
I'll be camping this weekend, but what/where is Blue Grouse? Never heard of it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I fell over onto some hard hard rocks on last night's ride... was climbing up a techy bit and flopped right onto my hip/elbow/kidney/wrist area. I am sore today.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I'll be camping this weekend, but what/where is Blue Grouse? Never heard of it.
Ah, my bad. It's just the connector trail to Mule Deer. Mule Deer is the real one. I've never ridden either.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just don't do Snowshoe Hare (I think that's the name) in the upwards direction. It's probably fun heading downhill though.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Pumptracks are popping out everywhere. Since recently people can vote on what their want their local govt to spend their budgets on. Of course it's a small fraction and the govt can say no to it but it has been working with pumptracks pretty well since bike riders are pretty good at organizing voting (online, not irl).

I have one that is closer to me and smaller. The only problem with the rise of the pumptracks is some mediocre builders do them. This one has high berms but too small and slack rollers so it's too slow. You literally can't go too fast on it. Fortunately there is another one opening in a few days so maybe that one is better.

Still the best one is the one 500m from my house. It's next to a series of bars with good beer, good coffee, drinks, food from all over the world since there is some night market and some refugee cooking, open space cinema and late night hardcore techno. Oh and Did I mention that pump is lit at night? I will never complain about fixie hipsters for this thing alone

Attachments

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Pumptracks are popping out everywhere. Since recently people can vote on what their want their local govt to spend their budgets on. Of course it's a small fraction and the govt can say no to it but it has been working with pumptracks pretty well since bike riders are pretty good at organizing voting (online, not irl).

I have one that is closer to me and smaller. The only problem with the rise of the pumptracks is some mediocre builders do them. This one has high berms but too small and slack rollers so it's too slow. You literally can't go too fast on it. Fortunately there is another one opening in a few days so maybe that one is better.

Still the best one is the one 500m from my house. It's next to a series of bars with good beer, good coffee, drinks, food from all over the world since there is some night market and some refugee cooking, open space cinema and late night hardcore techno. Oh and Did I mention that pump is lit at night? I will never complain about fixie hipsters for this thing alone
jelly