Quantcast

>><>>.... Thursday GTM no hot sauce >>><<<>.......

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Was this at Apex? Didn't you fall into the ravine on The Gut at a P2P ride a few years back?
Dakota Ridge. The new stuff to the south is pretty good, actually. ind of Dakota-lite in nature... still techy but not as awkward and difficult as "old" Dakota Ridge.

Ah, my bad. It's just the connector trail to Mule Deer. Mule Deer is the real one. I've never ridden either.
Pano down?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Dakota Ridge. The new stuff to the south is pretty good, actually. ind of Dakota-lite in nature... still techy but not as awkward and difficult as "old" Dakota Ridge.

Pano down?
Did you hit the dropz to flat, though?

I do not know what pano down means. Was planning on parking near Kriley Pond and then doing Mule Deer clockwise.

Edit: Saw the group message and the strava link. That sounds quite amazing. Except for the whole 3882 elevation thing. :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Did you hit the dropz to flat, though?
YASSSSSS.

I do not know what pano down means. Was planning on parking near Kriley Pond and then doing Mule Deer clockwise.
Clockwise = SMRT

Edit: Saw the group message and the strava link. That sounds quite amazing. Except for the whole 3882 elevation thing. :D
And over half that gain is on a Shitty McShitstain 1-1/2 mile section of gravel road. So there's that.

That right there is a legit Colorado Shuttle™
Shuttles? I FUCKING LOVE SHUTTLES.

What goes up ......
Eventually experiences loss of cabin pressure?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
And over half that gain is on a Shitty McShitstain 1-1/2 mile section of gravel road. So there's that.
Crawford Gulch Road? :nopenopenope:

About all I can take is a Mountain Lion loop, shuttle from there to the top of WR, then riding down WR +/- a Mustang loop. Stoney + me + his California friend did that, and 'twas good.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
cleaned up okay since it sat with soot on it for a couple of years....

paint bubbled in spots on the down tube

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got back from the ortho. Nothing visibly broken, but there appears to be a bone chip from the patella floating around. He can't tell if it's new or old, but wants me to get an MRI to see if it's just massive soft tissue and bone bruising, or if I really broke something. I did however manage to put a dent into my patella which got a "cool, I've never seen this before" and another dr pulled in to play with my knee cap.

My brakes, front hub, and pedals are in. I can't wait to get everything else in to build the bike.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Crawford Gulch Road? :nopenopenope:

About all I can take is a Mountain Lion loop, shuttle from there to the top of WR, then riding down WR +/- a Mustang loop. Stoney + me + his California friend did that, and 'twas good.
That road climb is awful, but I gotta admit its rewarding in a way (if you can't make the double shuttle work)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So the wife sent me this article about the pod by my office "We Ate at Every Cart at Southwest Portland’s Kebab Corner" so I decided to try the spot known for the lamb. I ordered a gyro and she asked if I had tried the lamb before. When I told her no, she said I should try it over rice instead. Good call, very good rice with some damn good lamb.

Now my only issue with the article is while there are some good med joints on that block, my 3 favs are elsewhere. To say that is the best lamb on that block is believable, but there are other joints that are at least as good. But this place is close and that was a good plate for $8 ($2 tip for an even $10). Gyro is only $6, need to try that next.

/foodcartstory

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Just got back from the ortho. Nothing visibly broken, but there appears to be a bone chip from the patella floating around. He can't tell if it's new or old, but wants me to get an MRI to see if it's just massive soft tissue and bone bruising, or if I really broke something. I did however manage to put a dent into my patella which got a "cool, I've never seen this before" and another dr pulled in to play with my knee cap.

My brakes, front hub, and pedals are in. I can't wait to get everything else in to build the bike.
Have you ever considered not hurting yourself? Seems like you are always broken in one way or another.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That road climb is awful, but I gotta admit its rewarding in a way (if you can't make the double shuttle work)
When wife and I did the Chimpex/WR/ML combo breaker for 50miles/9000ft. The 500ft climb up that dirt road sucked :D

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
2.5 hours until I can blow this pop stand. Off tomorrow. Wife taking kids to daycare tomorrow and first day to myself in a long ass time. Trying to decide if I want to get up early and go for a ride or sleep in and enjoy nothingness and tinkering in the garage.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Got knee pads?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Good work. Tape an aspirin to it, and go like hell.