Quantcast

@@@ Thursday GTM @@@

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I just had two root canals on Tuesday. It was easy. Luckily it was on my lower front teeth so no crowns, and not a lot of chewing done with those teeth, so.
lol i had a root canal on a molar 18 months ago and still haven't gotten around to getting the crown b/c the place that did the root canal didn't do them. oops. the root canal itself was really no worse than getting a filling.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
5 runs in (10k+ verts), hands already screaming. Siesta before heading back out before the lifts close.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Personal experience?
Yeah, they are good looking and light. Some could work as free ride shoes even. If you have trouble getting in and out there is another brand called… …wait… uhhhh…dksh??..

They are a bit more boring but still look nice in the flesh, and they do a clog type range if you have trouble / pain bending you foot. I wore some (not clogs exactly) after I dislocated my big toe because they had a really stiff sole (shank I think they call it) and the whole top opened up really far so taking them on and off was massively less painful.
Toe injuries are awful, I feel your pain. So debilitating.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Arms no longer function. Had to stop several times on the last run down for the day. 14.5k verts total, hopefully my arms and hands still function tomorrow to go again.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Your package is arriving between 1230 and 4pm.

Your package will arrive by 7pm.

Your package is really the lowest priority we have and after everything else, we might get to it today...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Yeah, they are good looking and light. Some could work as free ride shoes even. If you have trouble getting in and out there is another brand called… …wait… uhhhh…dksh??..

They are a bit more boring but still look nice in the flesh, and they do a clog type range if you have trouble / pain bending you foot. I wore some (not clogs exactly) after I dislocated my big toe because they had a really stiff sole (shank I think they call it) and the whole top opened up really far so taking them on and off was massively less painful.
Toe injuries are awful, I feel your pain. So debilitating.
Suggestions for getting in USA? Google isn’t revealing easy shopping finds.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Your package is arriving between 1230 and 4pm.

Your package will arrive by 7pm.

Your package is really the lowest priority we have and after everything else, we might get to it today...
Got my T-shirt!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Anybody know how to figure out the offset of a fork without pulling it off a bike? Or what "standard" offset would have been for a fork in around 2004? I'm looking at a kid's full suspension setup for Haley and doing a part swap would be a lot more cost-effective than buying a new bike. I need to make sure that her existing fork would have the right measurements to carry over.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@mandown every time I have broken some toes I skip the ER and just get one of these stylish beauties to sport for a few weeks. It's called a cast boot and takes the pressure off the ball and toes when you walk/hobble. Can be found at most medical supply stores. Way cheaper than the space boot.

edit: pic might help, derp...

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
By a weird set of circumstances and then two forgets in a row, we have been out of Kitchen Towel for four days straight. It has been hell on Earth, I tell you, absolute hell. Finally went and got some today. Blood pressure down three points already.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Nice! Haley's at the 24/26 cusp and it's damn hard to find something there.
finn's 11, 5' tall, and had been riding the m/l 27.5 cotic hardtail i originally got for his older brother because it had a much more functional shock (the same 36 / 170 swapped to the tracer) than my wife's 1999 hardrock he'd been using. buddy wanted to switch from his tracer to a hardtail, so off we went. excited to see how he does in the mtns on it, 'cause he almost gave me a heart attack charging into steep ledgy stuff and bouncing all over the place on that cotic :rofl:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
My youngest is rocking a 24/26 mullet atm. It does help with making them comfortable on steeper stuff I think.