Quantcast

>><< Thursday GTM >><<

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Saw a live chat with Danish Director Thomas Vinterberg last night. Really cool guy. He won the 2021 Oscar for best foreign movie which is in English is called Another Round. It's about a group of friends that try to see if their lives will improve with a little alcohol in the blood. I think the average Monkey will find it entertaining

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
i hate it when people print slide decks. Kill List.
I mean, do they really think we're going to be taking notes at these things?

(this was actually a very good presentation - we got a lot of good info/new data on some new stuff we'll be using. now our job is to get the stuck in the mud docs on board.)

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. stayed up too late drinking too many beers watching the snowshoe WC but that was a good race. saturday is gonna be EXCITING.

grilled some wings too. of course the propane tank ran out halfway through, as per WC tradition right @jstuhlman ? oh and it started to rain too.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fresh cuts and scrapes on my arms and knuckles, must have worked on the trailer hitch yesterday. Going to spend the day driving in the delta and then around the base of Mt Diablo through the canyons. Should be fun. But first I need more espresso to wake myself up

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I ran an hour this morning in more humid soup. Fall needs to get here already. My legs have been dragging ass this week, which I presume is from beating the shit out of them at Kingdom Trails for four days last weekend. I've got a half marathon + 9 miles Saturday and I am hoping my legs spring back to life before then.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I've dealt with insomnia for the better part of 10 years. It's brutal. Go a week or two with interrupted sleep, 2-3 hours at a crack, it's enough to make you want to jump. :dead:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I don't smoke weed, haven't in many many years. I've tried CBD for various ailments and old man complaints. Considering how many metric shit tons of drugs I'd consumed in my youth, they just don't do anything for me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey hey hey
took a benadryl last night and had some fucky dreams, but also slept for 10 hours. I don't feel great today, but I feel human.

Debating a fitbit luxe or a WHOOP strap for recovery tracking. hmmm

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hey hey hey
took a benadryl last night and had some fucky dreams, but also slept for 10 hours. I don't feel great today, but I feel human.

Debating a fitbit luxe or a WHOOP strap for recovery tracking. hmmm
when i was looking into sports watches i eliminated fitbit very quickly due to poor battery life and lack of waterproofness. granted this was several years ago.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The one I'm looking at is less of a sport tracker and more of a "wellness" or fitness tracker. It's water resistant to 50m, and the battery life lasts a claimed 5 days but most reviews say it could be longer. I'm fine with anything over 3 days in all honesty. I can charge in the shower or while I have breakfast, and I like my phone/HR strap for a run or garmin/HR strap for a ride. So the strap is now just for notifications and sleep tracking.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Working from home. Baby kiddo is running about 1 Freedom higher than she should and is grumpy so awaiting the pediatrician nurse line to tell us the course of action.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:wave:

So much to do, so little I feel like doing.
Don't worry, man... that'll get worse. :homer:

I don't smoke weed, haven't in many many years. I've tried CBD for various ailments and old man complaints. Considering how many metric shit tons of drugs I'd consumed in my youth, they just don't do anything for me.
Take a couple Indica gummies (20mg) about 90 minutes before you *want* to fall asleep and call me in the morning! :D

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I don't smoke weed

Take a couple Indica gummies (20mg) about 90 minutes before you *want* to fall asleep and call me in the morning! :D

I was starting to worry about @SkaredShtles when it took 3 post to get to your beloved Indica gummies ;)

I find "teh weed" speeds me up regardless of Sativa/Indica but they don't call it "in the couch" for nothing.

But to Nick's OP, eating the reefer is much different experience than smoking the reefer.

And apparently it's all the rage with the seniors ;) these days:

I too suffer from inability to fall asleep / stay asleep (hello, getting up in the middle of the night to take a piss!) but nowhere near insomnia you and @Pesqueeb describe -- thank @FSM

The only thing that REALLY works for me are those sweet, sweet opioids (hydrocodone) but "those" drugs are bad m'kay...

1631811794971.png

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Our daily work "standup meeting" was cancelled this morning, which is a good thing because that shit really gets in the way of my fucking off all morning on Thursdays.

It appears as though we may be adding a new DSO to the pack soon. She's a high-energy doggo, which means I may end up going full @I Are Baboon in an effort to keep her exercised enough to not destroy our house. I think she's a breed of pointer, so I'm hoping maybe i can train her to hunt upland birds down the line.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I've dealt with insomnia for the better part of 10 years. It's brutal. Go a week or two with interrupted sleep, 2-3 hours at a crack, it's enough to make you want to jump. :dead:
i feel your pain.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ive never smoked anything....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Not being able to sleep is a scary experience. I went through a couple of sleepless weeks a year ago and do not recommend. :fie: