Quantcast

~~~Thursday, kinda my Friday GMT~~~

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, monkeys. Let's show some hustle today.

I have an 8:00 meeting this morning...just another run-of-the-mill meeting. I predict at least 3 of the 6 other people who are invited will be late, because getting here on time for an 8:00 meeting IS SO VERY DIFFICULT AND INCONVENIENT! :rolleyes:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. BUSY day yesterday!!! I slept like crap last night...kept waking up for no apparent reason every hour or two. Coffee tastes really good this morning though :) Got Syd all registered for T-ball/Little League after swim, did some bike club work, some LUNA team work and had a baby check up. 30 weeks down - 10 to go and according to the Dr., she's definitely a healthy, active one (gee, ya think...she kicked the Dr. and you could see her foot!!!) Supposed to be beautiful today so I am thinking I'll get the bikes out after school and Syd & I will go for a ride before dinner too :)

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Well, hello Thursday. I will be glad when my life returns to normal, whatever that is.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It's 6AM Mountain Time, and I'm passing thru the midpoint (Santa Fe) on my 2 hr morning commute to Los Alamos.

Studying for a Pu Metallurgy class next week, then off to Chicago the following week.

Today's my Friday tho, since I'm working a 4/10 schedule.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning monkeys. The weather was AWESOME yesterday after work (partially sunny and 65 degrees). Decided to play around in the garage last night and tinker with my bikes. Attempted to put new tires on one of my bikes and ended up with two flat tubes. The tubes were old anyways and starting to get worn out. Apparently over the winter the tubes decided to spring leaks. I guess I'll be hitting up the bike shop on the way home.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Today is my Friday. Tomorrow, I head up to the Adirondacks for three days for what is probably the last skiing of this season for me.

I'm also scoping out a new wheel set for my 26" bike. The wheels & tires that came stock are like anchors, and I am totally sold on the tubeless tires after riding them on my 29er all year. Way better grip, and they just *feel* faster, even if they aren't. I've got my eye on another set of Stan's Arches, but I asked the LBS owner to price out other options for me, as well. I'm also ordering new, wider handlebars and a longer stem for it.

Goodbye, Winter That Wasn't, and hello spring!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Today is engineer's recognition day at work! Time to get on busses and listen to some people blather on about how great our engines are. That will be followed up with some refreshments this afternoon and a ****ty little gift like always.

At least the weather was nice. Went for a long walk last night and am trying to put the finishing touches on all my equipment. Shimano also graced me with a new set of pedals the other day compliments of a warranty claim. That was mighty cool of them.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have an 8:00 meeting this morning...just another run-of-the-mill meeting. I predict at least 3 of the 6 other people who are invited will be late, because getting here on time for an 8:00 meeting IS SO VERY DIFFICULT AND INCONVENIENT! :rolleyes:
One hour meeting.

2 people on time
1 no-show
1 person 10 minutes late
1 person 30 minutes late
1 person 40 minutes late (why bother?)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wait.... What? Didnt you just get this car?
yea. a week ago while i was still in utah liz got t-boned on her way to work (in my car obv). she was fine. other lady was making an illegal turn, admitted fault to the responding officer, and was also cited for "careless driving". Drivers sides front 1/4 panel, drivers door panel, some trim work, and an alignment just to be sure.

so the $2800 is all being covered by their insurance.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Long ass day yesterday six hour drive one way just to not fix an airplane. Wound up having to crash in a crappy hotel in Grand Junction, and I don't even have a bike with me. FML.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all. I've been working out at the gym at my new job on my lunches because there is nowhere to ride near by. Started back towards the end of December and I've lost 16lbs so far. Pretty stoked.

Anyone going to the Sea Otter this year?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well tomorrow I am covering the early Paratransit shift so that the driver can be with his wife in dealing with the big "C". Shift starts at 6am. No way no how I am going to get up at 3:30am and drive an 1:15 to work to cover it. I'm taking my camper to work today and I will just spend the night. much preferable to be able to only get up at 5, make breakfast and walk across the parking lot at 6am

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
well tomorrow I am covering the early Paratransit shift so that the driver can be with his wife in dealing with the big "C". Shift starts at 6am. No way no how I am going to get up at 3:30am and drive an 1:15 to work to cover it. I'm taking my camper to work today and I will just spend the night. much preferable to be able to only get up at 5, make breakfast and walk across the parking lot at 6am
took a second for the light bulb to go off. Hope she winds up alright. And good on your for covering for him. I'm sure he appreciates it more than he has the ability to express right now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also, super glad i decided to work from home today. sitting on my patio in shorts and drinking french press coffee. its sunny almost 70° here in NJ

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
What a terrible night. And a crappy start to the day. At least it's my Friday. And I'm skiing tonight. And probably the next two days. And I waxed my skis last night, so that's good. I guess it can only get better from here.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The wire is officially moving. Close tomorrow. Thank FSM that it's almost done.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
yea. a week ago while i was still in utah liz got t-boned on her way to work (in my car obv). she was fine. other lady was making an illegal turn, admitted fault to the responding officer, and was also cited for "careless driving". Drivers sides front 1/4 panel, drivers door panel, some trim work, and an alignment just to be sure.

so the $2800 is all being covered by their insurance.

Craptacular