Quantcast

~~Thursday Mutherf#ckin GMT~~

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Attempts to pop the dent out of my bumper last night were unsuccessful; lady friends hair dryer does not have enough heat output. Will try again with a paint removal gun.

If I could take the bumper off the car, I could just step on it and it'd be done in 10 minutes. But no, the bumper is held on by four bolts, which have all rusted into brown blobs. The one time I wish it was held on with a billion of those shitty little plastic push clips. :(

Anyways, coffee and MOAR bullshit here at work. :rolleyes:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I can't decide whether I like firefox or chrome better. Chrome is objectively better- pinch to zoom and effective autoplay kill, but then chrome knows everywhere I've been in addition to my phone and the wiretap in my kitchen. hmmm...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello furry friends. We survived the first night with all 3 girls home. Having mother in law around is key—I just dealt with the two elder kids, only the eldest of whom had any issues.

For those with flexible schedules looks like some snow fell overnight in the hills... 8” or so on the Winter Park snow stake.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
wethermonkey.com recap of the week. Monday morning: 2F, -15F windchill, 6" of ice on the ground. Thursday morning: 59F, steady rain.

Go home mother nature, you are drunk.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Went to bed at 9:30, supposed to be working by 7AM, woke up at 7:20 - great success!

Now snowing hard, so I guess I'll be continuing my winter cross-training of snow shoveling again instead of riding bikes.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hello.

Lately I've been seriously considering following in @Adventurous footsteps, ditching everything and spending a year on the road. This is a terrible idea. This is a terrible idea. This is a terrible idea.
It’s not such a terrible idea Nick. It’s actually a bit refreshing. We’ve had an opportunity to spend a ton of quality time with family (and friends), seen myriads of cool places and things, read some books that I just never seemed to find the time to, and all other things that are just for me/us. Has it cost some serious $$$? You bet. Only time will tell if I come to regret that part, but methinks I’d rather sacrifice a bit of time at the end for some quality time in the middle.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Attempts to pop the dent out of my bumper last night were unsuccessful; lady friends hair dryer does not have enough heat output. Will try again with a paint removal gun.

If I could take the bumper off the car, I could just step on it and it'd be done in 10 minutes. But no, the bumper is held on by four bolts, which have all rusted into brown blobs. The one time I wish it was held on with a billion of those shitty little plastic push clips. :(

Anyways, coffee and MOAR bullshit here at work. :rolleyes:
Canadian Problems

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It’s not such a terrible idea Nick. It’s actually a bit refreshing. We’ve had an opportunity to spend a ton of quality time with family (and friends), seen myriads of cool places and things, read some books that I just never seemed to find the time to, and all other things that are just for me/us. Has it cost some serious $$$? You bet. Only time will tell if I come to regret that part, but methinks I’d rather sacrifice a bit of time at the end for some quality time in the middle.
I have taken a few mid life retirements, highly recommended.

Retirement is general wasted on the old.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
For those with flexible schedules looks like some snow fell overnight in the hills... 8” or so on the Winter Park snow stake.
My fts was real close but I know we're short staffed today and I'm already out tomorrow. Looking outside right now, I should have just gone.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Raining and 45. Looks like a good night to not ride bikes and drink beers. Everything should be rock solid by Saturday. That makes for good fat biking but shitty every other winter sport besides ice skating.

In positive news, I scored tickets to all the Phish shows I requested for in the pre-sale lottery.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
If you think your day is bad. I have to go sit in eviction court all day with my lawyer. At least my lawyer is cool and has a good sense of humor. Hopefully we can get lunch with booze this time. Tenant is a dumb scumbag so we are taking it all the way to the judge. Hopeing we get judge kreep, he cracks me up.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I am having a rough go at it lately. My lack of motivation is Scarry but not enough to make a change yet. I know I am responsible for my own happiness, but right now I am all out of fucks with no idea when any might show up.

The wife says "you should talk to someone" and while I see her point, I am not even sure what to talk to someone about. How is it you give a fuck?

I am going to ride my bike when I get home.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Raining and 45. Looks like a good night to not ride bikes and drink beers. Everything should be rock solid by Saturday. That makes for good fat biking but shitty every other winter sport besides ice skating.

In positive news, I scored tickets to all the Phish shows I requested for in the pre-sale lottery.
Do you use studs?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Not much going on here other than the downpour and strong wind gusts.

Got myself a new kitchen knife the other day; I'm tired of cooking at my parents and in-laws and having to deal with garbage knives, pots and pans, etc...How do people (who can definitely afford it) live their whole lives with this shit?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Judging by the roads around here it may well be dicey up in the mountains. Just as well you didn't FTS out of here this morning, stoney.

I'm hoping that Saturday will be good and that I'll be cleared to head up by the mother in law/wife duo calling the shots at home at the moment.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Judging by the roads around here it may well be dicey up in the mountains. Just as well you didn't FTS out of here this morning, stoney.
Again, the good doctor speaks wisely. Last second descision to go to loveland may have been a very poor one. It is awful right now. Talk of closing lifts due to wind. Currently holed up in ptarmagin roost due to said wind. Also, managed to auger in very first run due to poor visability. Felt something deep in my stomach let go in a really painful way. I may have torn out something medical and permanent. Really fucking uncomfortable right now. Wind lightens up and I may be done for the day. :stosh:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Again, the good doctor speaks wisely. Last second descision to go to loveland may have been a very poor one. It is awful right now. Talk of closing lifts due to wind. Currently holed up in ptarmagin roost due to said wind. Also, managed to auger in very first run due to poor visability. Felt something deep in my stomach let go in a really painful way. I may have torn out something medical and permanent. Really fucking uncomfortable right now. Wind lightens up and I may be done for the day. :stosh:
Ooh, that blows, especially since you drove from afar. I don't like no-visibility days, nosiree. Any chance you're free for a quick earlyish lunch tomorrow, btw? I'll be down in COS testifying in a case in the morning.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife had an appt down in Golden, turned around after a mile and came back home.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, i can probably swing that. I guess ill see how im feeling later, I may be at a doctors. You have my # yes?
Yup, still got your number. I'll text you when I'm done at the courthouse.
Wife had an appt down in Golden, turned around after a mile and came back home.
That's not going to stop you two from doing an Apex fatbike loop this afternoon, right? :D