Quantcast

Thursday, Schmursday

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Hello there friends that sometimes ride bikes (some more than others)

Planning to take Madelyn (5yo) to the fair tonight for some elephant ears and maybe a ferris wheel ride. I really should go ride today but I’m not sure it’s in the cards.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Looking forward to seeing a bunch of monkeys this weekend. The car is packed and we're about to roll out. We may out may not stop to ride along the way...splat is doing some recon.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave:

Last day in Florida, the Flaccid Wang of America®. Been here a few days visiting one of my very best friends who has stage 4 cancer and rapidly nearing the end. Man, what a wake up. Get out and play, tell people you love them, drop unneeded baggage. I did get to rip around in his orange convertible Porsche last night
Fancy
so that was pretty fun. I can't remember the last time I drove a 6-sp manual.

Have fun at Monkeyfest y'all !

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Friggin' rainfall warning this morning for the town near the steep as fark trails near Georgian Bay. I guess no riding there again this weekend. Really wanted to do a few laps in prep for BC and to help break in these brand new knee pads that I have. Oh well.

Dinner with one of our hardware vendors tonight. Mehhhhhhh. I'd rather go home and relax.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fucks to give today 0

90F today then jumping to 110 for the next 3 days. at least the horse show will end at 1300 hours before it gets super hot. I thing I will be spending a lot of time in the camper with the AC blasting and the slides pulled in to reduce the volume of air it needs to cool

Delta and Oakland runs today

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Squeezed a ride this morning before serious weather warning. Supposed to rain, hail, and a tornado watch is in effect. Like living in Colorado without the mountains and bad drivers.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Squeezed a ride this morning before serious weather warning. Supposed to rain, hail, and a tornado watch is in effect. Like living in Colorado without the mountains and bad drivers.
It'd take something serious, but do you ever worry about the huge panes of glass in your house?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Every door and window open for a couple of hours trying to get that last bit of cooling the house down before we have to shut everything up for the hot part of the day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tomorrow. Word is coming out on the focus topics this year (only two different tests per testing window) and they are things that I am really good at since I deal with them daily. Final practice test shortly.

Girls leave for CA in a few hours.

Deck guy coming this morning to do his assessment for insurance. Our State Farm rep said they are expecting the whole area's premiums to got through the roof next year, so I need to make sure I get everything assessed now.

Traveler's will be taking the old kart, so the shop is going to take the add-on bits off for future usage to add to karts if people need them. I asked that they be thrown into the "free spares" bin, to help others with getting stuff needed for their karts. Most of it is for older, jr karts, so it will likely be used for kids just getting into karting. I'm also probably sending Haley's old motor mount to a teenager who needs one for his kart. He's broke, has no family funding, is too young to get a job, and can't get his kart together without one. This will save him from trying to figure out a few hundred dollars because used motor mounts don't come up very often. He just needs to confirm the fit, since they aren't perfectly lateral across all models.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Deck guy coming this morning to do his assessment for insurance. Our State Farm rep said they are expecting the whole area's premiums to got through the roof next year, so I need to make sure I get everything assessed now.
wonder when they'll pull out of CO the way farmers is pulling out of FL

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Our State Farm rep said they are expecting the whole area's premiums to got through the roof next year, so I need to make sure I get everything assessed now.
Are the on your side?

Not just State Farm. The mass exodus from CA and FL are just signs of things to come. Mainly caused by the reinsurance markets not liking the liquidity of a carrier in a market(state). Zero politics involved, but we are all about to be raw dogged by climate change via insurance premiums.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not just State Farm. The mass exodus from CA and FL are just signs of things to come. Mainly caused by the reinsurance markets not liking the liquidity of a carrier in a market(state). Zero politics involved, but we are all about to be raw dogged by climate change via insurance premiums.
the free market has spoken

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Are the on your side?

The local agent, as much of a pita as he's been, has a great staff. His lead service people have in both cases where we've had a large claim, gone way deeper than corp did. Our deductible doubled two years ago and the premium went up 30%. We should be expecting the same within two years is what she told me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Are the on your side?

It's been on mine and wife's mind in CO for a few years. We were contemplating moving nextdoor to @johnbryanpeters but then Vermont now requires a boat to get around the state :p

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Gotta shuffle a bunch of stuff around so the appliance people can deliver the new washing machine tomorrow. Need everything on one wall to shift to the right 8". :rolleyes:

wonder when they'll pull out of CO the way farmers is pulling out of FL
Been wondering this myself. When severe hail/fire/flooding are a regular, expected part of life, then that should be considered the cost of living in a particular area.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's my pre vaca Friday and I am hoping to get a call from the shop that the truck is done. I am putting a plan together that won't get followed, so that's nice. I actually have some work to do today and that sucks. I do still like this gig, though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Been wondering this myself. When severe hail/fire/flooding are a regular, expected part of life, then that should be considered the cost of living in a particular area.
This time around we're going to go with something (mostly) hail-proof. Stone-coated steel or tile or similar. Cost of doing business out here, as you said. My buddy in the insurance industry said he gets a dedicated 30% discount on his insurance for stone-coated steel. Which, with the way insurance rates are going, makes the cost of that type of roof far easier to stomach.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This time around we're going to go with something (mostly) hail-proof. Stone-coated steel or tile or similar. Cost of doing business out here, as you said. My buddy in the insurance industry said he gets a dedicated 30% discount on his insurance for stone-coated steel. Which, with the way insurance rates are going, makes the cost of that type of roof far easier to stomach.
or you could build a hobbit style house, underground and all

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Every door and window open for a couple of hours trying to get that last bit of cooling the house down before we have to shut everything up for the hot part of the day.
:stupid:

Had planned for a ride up a "biggish" local loop, but was out way too late, a medium strength hangover, and poor sleep all coupled with an already scorching morning has late stage aborted that idea. Maybe Ill take out the single speed.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello friendus

Last day of work before I head yonder to MF. It's been a minute since i've been up to KT.

Sold the tri bike last night and went and did some retail therapy. New stickers for the spooky (the last ones didn't print correctly) and some jerseys offa Aliexpress. For less than the cost of a single Ralpha jersey, I got 2x Jersey and Bibs. We'll see what garneau can offer and I should be set for another couple of years (haha yeah right). Hoping to get a ride this afternoon but also want to be careful as my last run honestly kind of hurt. I don't want to go up to MF injured.