Quantcast

"^" Thursday yawn "^"

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Another night shift in the books. Going to be really interesting when I have to go back to work next Friday.

:wave: Car in for brake work today. Note to self: Don't leave car parked outside for three months without driving.
I have the same problem with my Fit. Battery doesn't last more than 1.5 weeks without driving or charging.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
:wave: Car in for brake work today. Note to self: Don't leave car parked outside for three months without driving.
I have gone through this two times. Second time I really tried to avoid it but ice and salt on the road go to the rotors quicker than I could drive the car.

Highlight today will be cooking some chicken I bought today. It's that kind of rainy lazy day.

I was super tired after PT yesterday. Good mobility in the arm/shoulder though.

I have the same problem with my Fit. Battery doesn't last more than 1.5 weeks without driving or charging.
Contemporary vehicles have so much electronics running when they're "off" that I won't leave one for a week without at least charging it.

My 2016 Honda CR-V AWD LX used to be used a lot, but since Hilarie stopped driving we have been using hers. Mine sat outside for over three months, on a battery charger, but rotor corrosion occurred under the brake pads and it was bad enough that pulsation and noise when braking approach severe on the right rear.

Eventually, my car's supposed to go to my riding buddy V.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Off to Audi to drop it off for service. The smart interface has partially stopped working, so they get to look at it. Semi-busy day for work. Acquired WP tickets to ride with Haley tomorrow.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Dogs walked and fed, starting on espresso. Just before shift end yesterday, radio crackled ' EMT to barn 5 person down, unconscious. Heat and no food and little to drink bad combo. Ice and cold water to drink brought them around today should be fun.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode last night in the pouring rain, in the dark. What a blast. But wow, there was so much water out there. I think my shoes will still be wet next week...

NO COFFEE AT WORK WTF IS THIS HORSESHIT

And yeah, still raining.

Poop, I still have to do.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Here. Off to Audi to drop it off for service. The smart interface has partially stopped working, so they get to look at it. Semi-busy day for work. Acquired WP tickets to ride with Haley tomorrow.
LOL alfas are unreliable you dummy, didn't you know?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nearly hit some stupid runner. she wasn't paying attention and ran out into an intersection from behind a shrub (while i had a green light) on my way to drop my daughter off at preschool. 100% looking the other way until i hit the horn and slammed on the brakes. fucking moron.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
[
I look forward to your next post about how reliable it is!

Signed, a previous Audi owner.
[Pulls up Consumer Reports]Hmm... Audi is really high on reliability. Not so much for every FCA car. I'll let you know.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Just one. Hoping for something smaller in the not-too-distant future, as 2K sq ft is way too big for the 3 of us.
Maybe 60 bucks labor plus plug costs

Not too long ago mechanics charged like 100 bucks an hour and now it seems like they're all charging 250+

Plugs are super easy. Brakes and rotors are easy. I can't imagine paying almost a grand for that.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Maybe 60 bucks labor plus plug costs

Not too long ago mechanics charged like 100 bucks an hour and now it seems like they're all charging 250+

Plugs are super easy. Brakes and rotors are easy. I can't imagine paying almost a grand for that.

When someone like @SkaredShtles considers the cost to repair cross threaded spark plug holes having someone else do it for him makes sense. He also gets to show off how he is a rugged individualist to a blue collar worker with his manly truck.

Nice time of year to sip on a pumpkin spice latte while he waits.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
When someone like @SkaredShtles considers the cost to repair cross threaded spark plug holes having someone else do it for him makes sense. He also gets to show off how he is a rugged individualist to a blue collar worker with his manly truck.

Nice time of year to sip on a pumpkin spice latte while he waits.
I'll show him where to rub his face so it looks greasy.

Like he really got all up in there.